PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
When I downloaded the ROM I got a virus & a trojan horse warning from three different security programs that my company uses and they are a high profile company, but I flashed anyway and now my battery is dead after I used my phone to play 2 hours of NFS w/out the gsensor cause it won't work with this ROM while wearing my BT headset that is powered on so I can listen to some tunes in between my girl texting me every 5 min and me replying to each one, BTW my volume isn't very loud when I put it on external speaker and I stand 100 ft away from it, I also noticed that when on full blast and I play death metal the speaker actualy pops and crackles which can't be normal because my i-pod hooked to a Bose dock doesn't do that EVER........OK DUDES. CHILL THE FLOCK OUT!

It is starting to look like a methadone clinic in here. Everyone seems to have some issue and it's NEVER our faults and we want the Dr. to give us a stronger fix. SOOO what, it can last ya 8 days before you decide to get on in this thread and spew your issues out in a withdrawl rage before ever even searching the thread or using Google. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, theres too many pages, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. WE ARE ALL GETTING ALL OF THIS FOR FREE! THE WORST THING WE CAN DO IS TAKE SOME FRICKIN TIME TO FIND ANSEWRS RATHER THAN POST A "WTF THIS ROM SUCKS or part of the ROM SUCKS" POST!!!! Didn't your mommas teach you that stomping your feet and throwing tantrums won't get you anywhere...AND as ThreeFaces has mentioned 99% of the ansewrs for common issues can be found in his Guide for the ROM (linked in his Signature), or in the threads of this wonderful world of PPCGEEKS we TRUE geekers live in. Some people are ignorant, OK that can be excused, BUT some are just flat ridiculous.

Sorry if this rubs some people the wrong way, they are probaly the ones that aren't true NRG "fanboys" (as we have been called multpile times) and want to use minimal effort to help themselves. For those of us who are the NRG Addicts United (I made that up DIBS)and are tired of multple posts saying the same stupid thing over and over again I GOT YOUR BACKS........ STAY NRGized!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

ok im just crazy...heck I dont know ive never edited weather files and I havent been to Ukraine ,so why is my location set there? all other gps apps work right.Any ideas
Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
yep. bunch of em on page 1. more of em if ya use the search function
I don't see any battery tweaks on the first page for this rom. I always get nervous installing battery tweaks cause I don't know which (if any) this rom already have and/or if the battery tweak will be compatible.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Have you tried going into Advanced Configuration and disabling the phoneskin. It will remove the tachi dialer skin and bring the winmo dialer up. Doing this has allowed my cell phone to function properly as a phone. Give it a try it should work.
This is perfect! Thanks man. Even though it's not the prettiest, it is 10 x's faster and works perfectly. Goodbye Tachi Dialer!

Last edited by M3shuggah; 09-28-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
What the heck was that?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1234 View Post
+1
Wow
Just needed to get that out. It's part of my therapy, not to hold it all in until I bad things happen or I black out. I, just like you two fellas, come to this sanctuary of the EnergyROM thread to attempt to better understand the ROM, praise the ROM, help with the little issues other addicts have and to see what else guys like Root, ThreeFaces, Winmo & ahuskins ( gotta love these guys) come up with to make the EnergyROM better. I just got tired of the same ol' violin playin, cheese eatin, wine sippin comments and gripes. It's a waste of EVRYONES time to post some of the things that have started being frequent rants.

I'm good for now though! Good to see you two are still hangin around, NRG brothers!! To quote the great NRGguide maker himself, ThreeFaces: Later Dudes!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
I don't see any battery tweaks on the first page for this rom. I always get nervous installing battery tweaks cause I don't know which (if any) this rom already have and/or if the battery tweak will be compatible.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...94#post1190494

Look down a few posts and you'll see the section of battery tweeks. Im pretty sure NRG cooked in the facedownmuting reg edit, but these are along the same lines. It's a single cab file for install by MAXX134 and he provided some info on what's changed. Mostly polling settings, which seem to have a positive influence on battery life.

You'll also want to do some tests with different radios - different radios may give you better battery, depending on your location. There's a thread here on PPCGEEKS with alot of info on radios...and users post in that thread which radios work best for them in their locations.

LUMOS would be the final thing to look into. Backlight can have a dramtic impact on battery life. There's also info on Lumos lnked through the post I linked above.

Enjoy!

There was some discussion also of the MyLocation weather stuff at xda...googley googley.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Does anyone have the issue with the on screen keyboard xt9 setting on while typing in google map? I've noticed that whenever I have xt9 setting on from other programs, such as text, the xt9 setting will stay on when you launch google map. The problem is not that it will stay on, but that when xt9 is on I can't type in google map and only in google map. I have to switch back to ABC mode, but the moment I start typing again, it will revert back to xt9 and causing the input problem again. this only happens in google map. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling google maps. Just wondering if anyone can duplicate this problem or have experienced it before.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

DavidAbarca is becoming a great contributor

Hey Guys, need a little help here, my pc doesn't seems to recognize my touch pro when i plug the usb in, i have the connection option in the touch pro screen but it says unknow device in my pc running XP, i've tryed to uninstall ActiveSync but there is no way to do this! apreciate any help!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

veritech is a n00b

I think I got my battery problem fixed.
I turned off all the options for the weather tab.
and in the registry I changed the connection timeout from 600sec to 120sec

This morning when I pulled the phone of the charger, 10:00 it was at 90%, now at 4:30 it is at 75%. Great!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

yedranedra is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAbarca View Post
Hey Guys, need a little help here, my pc doesn't seems to recognize my touch pro when i plug the usb in, i have the connection option in the touch pro screen but it says unknow device in my pc running XP, i've tryed to uninstall ActiveSync but there is no way to do this! apreciate any help!
What operating system are you using? Did you install the drivers provided with the phone? The only time I have seen this issue was when I did not load the drivers from the disk, or did not manually install Windows Mobile on Win 7.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro