PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritech View Post
I think I got my battery problem fixed.
I turned off all the options for the weather tab.
and in the registry I changed the connection timeout from 600sec to 120sec

This morning when I pulled the phone of the charger, 10:00 it was at 90%, now at 4:30 it is at 75%. Great!
And now the mass of people who say disconnecting the data connection makes absolutely no difference will come with their data and presentations.

I've found, each one must do what works for them .
Old 09-28-2009, 05:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Qomolangma is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Known issue with the weather menu softkey. Haven't heard about music right soft key. I have had the weather softkey quit working after a few hours of flashing. I have reflashed multiple times and it does it everytime now.Not sure why or how to fix...........SO I am living with it for now....
Have you tried a flash back to stock? I'd rather not but if it'll fix it I'll do it. It's never happened with previous builds.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

vdubt3 is a n00b

I have a question, a couple of days after I flashed the updated rom I lost the function of my keyboard when I slide it out to use it. My question is there a way to fix it?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
And now the mass of people who say disconnecting the data connection makes absolutely no difference will come with their data and presentations.

I've found, each one must do what works for them .
I don't think you'll find too many people that say disconnecting an ACTIVE data connection 'makes no difference'. Our Data can be ON without being active. What has been discussed (and IMO proven by ahuskins) is that having your Data on but INACTIVE is the same battery draw as having your Data turned off. Plus the most common reg edits that turn your data OFF, royally screw with the default dialer.
So if you've had an active Data connection running in the background and you change that then yes, you'll probably see an improvement in battery life.
And without a doubt we all gotta do what works best for us.
I'd make a better presentation but I'm all outta posterboard
Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubt3 View Post
I have a question, a couple of days after I flashed the updated rom I lost the function of my keyboard when I slide it out to use it. My question is there a way to fix it?
Try flashing back to stock and see if that helps. If it does not, then you'll be needing this, or you can take it to your local Sprint repair center and they'll fix it for a fee.

You can also try pressing hard on the space key. That sometimes helps get the connector back into place.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
OK WTF man... I dont get why my battery is so much more terrible than everyone else. I have lumos installed and everything.. I took my phone off the charger at 7 am est and its now 10:07 am est... my battery is down to 56% already and steady draining. The only thing i'm using is seven push email, havent made any calls, 2 texts and beejive is running. I KNOW this cant be normal and I cant figure out what it is thats making the phone drain so fast.

first thing i do after loading this rom is reduce the backlight down from 100% to about 30/40 % and my battery last about 24 hrs 36 with lite use for real i tested last week i did change the battery pooling to 30000 thats all i done
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

On this rom I took my phone off the battery at 7:15am, it is now 3:11pm and I'm at a cool 58%. However the battery seems to drain the same amount whether or not I'm using it.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

lagvoid is just getting started

This morning when I pulled the phone of the charger, 10:00 it was at 90%, now at 4:30 it is at 75%. Great![/QUOTE]

NRGZ28, great rom! I've used mighty and juicy in the past, but your rom looks and performs great!

However, I've noticed a drop in battery life even after installing the polling cab and lumos. I want to try this reg edit to see if it helps.

Can someone point me to the registry path to make this edit?
edit: HKLM\ControlPanel\Wifi

Thanks!

[QUOTE=veritech;1200063]I think I got my battery problem fixed.
I turned off all the options for the weather tab.
and in the registry I changed the connection timeout from 600sec to 120sec

Last edited by lagvoid; 09-28-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Alltel

rollins is a n00b

I am tryin to install this rom on my alltel tp but everytime I try to run the ruu I get

(Error 240: File open The update utility cannot open the requested file. Please check your update utility.)

Phone has Already been unlocked. I have installed a couple other roms, but would like to try energyrom.

Anyone have any ideas.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

DavidAbarca is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedranedra View Post
What operating system are you using? Did you install the drivers provided with the phone? The only time I have seen this issue was when I did not load the drivers from the disk, or did not manually install Windows Mobile on Win 7.
im using Windows XP, well i was using my phone with active syn for almost 8 months now... it was working fine an suddenly my device was no loger recognized i did almost everything then it work for a couple of days and i have the same problem again i think its a problem with active sync or something

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro