PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I have not used Sprint TV since they removed all of the channels. In other words unless you pay for it, it sucks. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Yeah. I haven't really payed much attention to that or kept up with it... so they removed all the channels you say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Ya pretty much, just about anything with while now is PAY. PAY this and PAY that heck I could buy a TV for what they charge. Seriously though ya they moved everything to "Premium" channels. It sucks.
Download this .cab and install.
Doesn't just have "Premium."
Still has regular Sprint TV.
Here's a list of basic TV channels: http://www.nextel.com/en/services/po...print_tv.shtml

Includes free Disney, NFL, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint TV_1_7_189014_0.cab (2.50 MB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
Download this .cab and install.
Doesn't just have "Premium."
Still has regular Sprint TV.
Here's a list of basic TV channels: http://www.nextel.com/en/services/po...print_tv.shtml

Includes free Disney, NFL, etc.

Installed this seems to work good. Still not a lot on but better than nothing I guess.

Droidrox39
Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

I haven't had sprint tv working since using 2.5, though it would be nice to watch tv on the go occasionally, its not a necessity to have =)
Old 12-16-2009, 04:22 PM
N00b

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Anyone running a 2.1 ROM, I made a max 2.5-like transparent slider, check it out...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...31#post1417031 post #3120.
Nice, downloading it now!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b

If you have a TV tuner built in on your PC at home, and a Broadband connection I would suggest using ORB (Free) or even Slingbox (Pay) to take care of your TV on the road needs.

Also, this is probably a dumb question, but how are some of you taking screen grabs of your phone? Is there an app, is it a built in option?

Last edited by samrio; 12-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

do i have to relock my TP after a custom rom flash? if so, how?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

[QUOTE=unitmonster;1416308]Lovin the latest roms....thanks NRG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxica View Post
Soft Reset = Hard Reset?

I've installed 28011 StandardM2.5 Dusk, and it was working fine for a few days, and I've had a few soft resets. However, today, I performed a soft reset during a lockup, and when it returned, it started a hard reset of everything. Is this a known side-effect of these ROM's, or does it sound like a hardware issue? Or have I done something stupid like not re-locking or deleting the image file from the SD card?

I'm not concerned about data, as I backup often, but I'd rather not get into a cycle of reinstalling my apps every time my phone locks up.

Thanks.
This is a simple fix. You'll want to flash your device back to the stock ROM, hard reset, then flash back to this custom ROM, and hard reset once more. We call this procedure the "flashdance"...because it sounds funny. Anyway, sometimes going from ROM to ROM [especially if there are major changes in the base builds] there could be some corruption in the file structure. Flashing to a stock ROM over-writes all of the custom ROM files and gets your device back to default with everything in the right place.

Then, you have a clean canvas to flash to. Should fix it up. This only happened to me the first time I flashed to a 6.5 ROM...and it was really lame because I couldn't get anyone to tell me why it was happening or how to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrio View Post
If you have a TV tuner built in on your PC at home, and a Broadband connection I would suggest using ORB (Free) or even Slingbox (Pay) to take care of your TV on the road needs.

Also, this is probably a dumb question, but how are some of you taking screen grabs of your phone? Is there an app, is it a built in option?
MyMobiler works great for screen captures and I can operate my device in a screen on my PC while it's docked.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b

[QUOTE=ThreeFaces;1418311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
Lovin the latest roms....thanks NRG!

This is a simple fix. You'll want to flash your device back to the stock ROM, hard reset, then flash back to this custom ROM, and hard reset once more. We call this procedure the "flashdance"...because it sounds funny. Anyway, sometimes going from ROM to ROM [especially if there are major changes in the base builds] there could be some corruption in the file structure. Flashing to a stock ROM over-writes all of the custom ROM files and gets your device back to default with everything in the right place.

Then, you have a clean canvas to flash to. Should fix it up. This only happened to me the first time I flashed to a 6.5 ROM...and it was really lame because I couldn't get anyone to tell me why it was happening or how to fix it.

MyMobiler works great for screen captures and I can operate my device in a screen on my PC while it's docked.
Thanks for the reply!!!!
Also the new ROMS are up on the download page!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutor View Post
do i have to relock my TP after a custom rom flash? if so, how?
No, once you're unlocked, you're unlocked until you want to flash a stock ROM and lock the device to bring it in for Service or Repair. Otherwise, once you're unlocked, you're good to continue flashing to your hearts content.

You should def take some time and read through these threads here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854
and
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

You only lock the device if you're bringing it in to Sprint for service, replacement, or repair. Flashing Custom Roms is a no-no, so we don't want them to figure out what we did.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

Downloading 28014 2.5.
I hope it's as good, if not better, than 28011 on battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro