PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

After playing with this rom for about two days, I have come to the conclusion that the Tachi dialer is corrupt on my phone or more buggy than the August builds. I have used the Standard Energy Roms for about three months now and never have I had this amount of crashing with the dialer (yes, I flashed to stock, hard reset, installed energy rom, hard reset to avoid issues). I've used all the normal guides and software I use and none of these problems have been here before.

When calling voicemail, if you press the keypad quickly (to quickly delete voicemails), it will crash. If you start calling someone and press the speakerphone button quickly, it will crash. I read earlier that if you try to hang up quickly it will crash, but I think the problem is much worse than we all think. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that doing ANYTHING on the dialer quickly will result in a crash. I just spend literally 5 minutes trying to call someone. I called him, Tachi crashed when trying to put it on speakerphone, then it woudn't connect. After that, he tried to call me but Tachi was still crashing, then it went to voicemail. After the dialer came up, I went to delete the voicemail, and Tachi crashed again. After that, I called him again, and tried speakerphone yet again and it crashed. Finally, after that, I slowed down and used speakerphone a few seconds after our conversation connected.

This is simply unacceptable. Is there anyway to use an older Tachi Dialer?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

I've had this ROM flashed for a couple days.

One thing I've noticed is that I have been receiving verrrry late text messages, or not at all. I haven't flashed a radio, still stock. Is there anything in this ROM that can be associated with this?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

p3p3l3pew is a n00b

I just flashed for the first time last week and have been having a blast with it. Before I flashed I had been noticing some late arrivals of texts (like the next day). I think it's a Sprint thing and not the ROM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3p3l3pew View Post
I just flashed for the first time last week and have been having a blast with it. Before I flashed I had been noticing some late arrivals of texts (like the next day). I think it's a Sprint thing and not the ROM.
Yeah I believe you're right.

I went through looking for some settings, under Settings -> Phone -> Menu -> ADvanced Network -> SMS Service ->

It gives options for SMS Over all of which contain GSM or GRPS.

Am I reaching or could this be an issue? The selection is defaulted to GSM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

When I downloaded the ROM I got a virus & a trojan horse warning from three different security programs that my company uses and they are a high profile company, but I flashed anyway and now my battery is dead after I used my phone to play 2 hours of NFS w/out the gsensor cause it won't work with this ROM while wearing my BT headset that is powered on so I can listen to some tunes in between my girl texting me every 5 min and me replying to each one, BTW my volume isn't very loud when I put it on external speaker and I stand 100 ft away from it, I also noticed that when on full blast and I play death metal the speaker actualy pops and crackles which can't be normal because my i-pod hooked to a Bose dock doesn't do that EVER........OK DUDES. CHILL THE FLOCK OUT!

It is starting to look like a methadone clinic in here. Everyone seems to have some issue and it's NEVER our faults and we want the Dr. to give us a stronger fix. SOOO what, it can last ya 8 days before you decide to get on in this thread and spew your issues out in a withdrawl rage before ever even searching the thread or using Google. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, theres too many pages, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. WE ARE ALL GETTING ALL OF THIS FOR FREE! THE WORST THING WE CAN DO IS TAKE SOME FRICKIN TIME TO FIND ANSEWRS RATHER THAN POST A "WTF THIS ROM SUCKS or part of the ROM SUCKS" POST!!!! Didn't your mommas teach you that stomping your feet and throwing tantrums won't get you anywhere...AND as ThreeFaces has mentioned 99% of the ansewrs for common issues can be found in his Guide for the ROM (linked in his Signature), or in the threads of this wonderful world of PPCGEEKS we TRUE geekers live in. Some people are ignorant, OK that can be excused, BUT some are just flat ridiculous.

Sorry if this rubs some people the wrong way, they are probaly the ones that aren't true NRG "fanboys" (as we have been called multpile times) and want to use minimal effort to help themselves. For those of us who are the NRG Addicts United (I made that up DIBS)and are tired of multple posts saying the same stupid thing over and over again I GOT YOUR BACKS........ STAY NRGized!!!

Last edited by Whotahn; 09-28-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: SPELLING: TICKED OFF FINGERS MOVE TO FAST TO CONTROL!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

What the heck was that?????

Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
After playing with this rom for about two days, I have come to the conclusion that the Tachi dialer is corrupt on my phone or more buggy than the August builds. I have used the Standard Energy Roms for about three months now and never have I had this amount of crashing with the dialer (yes, I flashed to stock, hard reset, installed energy rom, hard reset to avoid issues). I've used all the normal guides and software I use and none of these problems have been here before.

When calling voicemail, if you press the keypad quickly (to quickly delete voicemails), it will crash. If you start calling someone and press the speakerphone button quickly, it will crash. I read earlier that if you try to hang up quickly it will crash, but I think the problem is much worse than we all think. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that doing ANYTHING on the dialer quickly will result in a crash. I just spend literally 5 minutes trying to call someone. I called him, Tachi crashed when trying to put it on speakerphone, then it woudn't connect. After that, he tried to call me but Tachi was still crashing, then it went to voicemail. After the dialer came up, I went to delete the voicemail, and Tachi crashed again. After that, I called him again, and tried speakerphone yet again and it crashed. Finally, after that, I slowed down and used speakerphone a few seconds after our conversation connected.

Can't say I've had those dialer issues with the 9/20 build, but I think the maker of this Manila port made it pretty clear you're stuck with the dialer that came with it. Unless you don't want to dial out using Manila.

So you're left with either trying the Titanium version or another ROM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
What the heck was that?????
+1
Wow
Old 09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I also noticed that when on full blast and I play death metal the speaker actualy pops and crackles which can't be normal because my i-pod hooked to a Bose dock doesn't do that EVER.
!
...see, if you were playing better death metal, you wouldn't have had that problem in the first place. Your device would have simply melted.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post

Have you tried going into Advanced Configuration and disabling the phoneskin. It will remove the tachi dialer skin and bring the winmo dialer up. Doing this has allowed my cell phone to function properly as a phone. Give it a try it should work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro