PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

EricBergan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviola View Post
I had the same problem. I finally went back to stock. Waiting to see what others say.
I also had the random hard reset problem.

Did the hard reset, flash stock, hard reset, flash 9/6, hard reset, sashimi, and haven't had it happen again, since.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:33 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunacie View Post
Been running 9/6 since... 9/6 , it kicks ***, stable as hell over here.

Do have a couple bugs/quirks to list, not sure if there are fixes or not:

1) opening email from touchflow or inbox, click on senders address, opens dialogue where Save to Contacts does not work. rootlinux' workaround for saving from call history won't work for this, like it does for the identical SMS save contacts problem (for obvious reasons).

2) When adding pics for multiple (edit) contacts in a row, album doesn't open after 1st time until it's opened manually from Touchflo tab or Start menu.

That's really it for me so far, tho I'd love to have stylus detection working
You are correct about email contacts.
Just tried to add a new address from email and it doesn't allow.
None of the option respond. Hmmmm

Have not tried 2 yet.
Will try to figure out the first one first.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post

Did the hard reset, flash stock, hard reset, flash 9/6, hard reset, sashimi, and haven't had it happen again, since.
That is what we have been saying.
That is the correct procedure and works nine times out of ten for fixing most problems.

Glad you got it all fixed up.
Now if everyone would just try that.

What I usually do is just flash Stock and hard reset once and then flash custom.
The stock flash and hard reset should fix any errors so a hard reset after custom usually isn't needed.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-17-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Not sure if it's ROM related or Radio Related... but when my data connection is on this thing EATs up the battery.
Yea, that is the case with EnergyROMs, but if you go to Utilities, Tweaks, Touch Pro Tweak and under "6.1 Disconnect After" (under Data) and select "1 Minute", you'll see your battery life goes pretty well.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

wesleyn is a n00b

Okay so as a Newbie, I have a question. I have the touch pro with the newest Energy ROM. It was my first ROM and I LOVE it. So much better than the stock US Cellular one. The problem is having is, when in a call, the volume buttons on the side of the phone do not seem to have any function. The earpiece is loud, and I cant turn it down. Any suggestions to remedy this? I reflashed, and soft/hard reset a few times and its the same. Thanks in advance all!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyn View Post
Okay so as a Newbie, I have a question. I have the touch pro with the newest Energy ROM. It was my first ROM and I LOVE it. So much better than the stock US Cellular one. The problem is having is, when in a call, the volume buttons on the side of the phone do not seem to have any function. The earpiece is loud, and I cant turn it down. Any suggestions to remedy this? I reflashed, and soft/hard reset a few times and its the same. Thanks in advance all!
Are you sure you are using the latest rom build? 9/6
Those problems seem to have all been fixed with 9/5-9/6 builds.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

wesleyn is a n00b

It was the 9/6 rom. It worked fine before I flashed so I dont think its hardware. Is there anything that I can check? Its almost like the volume doesnt change, but the bars on screen go up and down indicating that the volume is being changed in the earpiece. Thanks again!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
The Rootinator

Have you installed any new software that may try to control the volume?
If so I would check all those.
S2U2 or anything like that.

Make sure no other app is set to control your volume.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jviola is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post

Yes, I flash to stock, hard reset, flash 9/6, hard reset.....what is "sashimi"? I"m not sure what that is?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

EricBergan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviola View Post
Yes, I flash to stock, hard reset, flash 9/6, hard reset.....what is "sashimi"? I"m not sure what that is?

Sashimi is a great app for re-installing your apps, restoring settings, etc. Takes some time to get set up, but after that you save tons of time after a hard reset or new ROM install.

More details for 6.5 with Sashimi here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214

eric

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro