PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
What are you seeing that isn't smooth? Touch Flo? Games? Open/close apps? Just curious. Have you run cleanRAM? I'm about to try it, but it's been mentioned a few times in the thread.
LOL
Check out our posting times for cleanram.

CleanRam is your best friend on a winmo device.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrm9 View Post
can u point me towards a uninstall cab the one i find doesnt seem to be doing anything
Here ya go. These are the two I use. Run the Remove MMS cab first, SOFT RESET, install Arcsoft, SOFT RESET and you should be golden.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
LOL
Check out our posting times for cleanram.

CleanRam is your best friend on a winmo device.
Ha, cleanram, choice of vampires everywhere

IYO, what is an acceptable mem % for energy, sitting at idle, nothing open?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
What are you seeing that isn't smooth? Touch Flo? Games? Open/close apps? Just curious. Have you run cleanRAM? I'm about to try it, but it's been mentioned a few times in the thread.
sometimes when you scroll the start menu, when you close an app, when it starts up (it takes a long time to load once your on your homescreen; programs like manila (i havent seen this lag in other roms) and the taskmanager takes alot to load). now that you have mentioned opera, i had to uninstall the version it came with and install another one because it would randomly exit out on me. and yes, it is a memory hog, but once you exit out of opera, you dont recover your memory back!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
sometimes when you scroll the start menu, when you close an app, when it starts up (it takes a long time to load once your on your homescreen; programs like manila (i havent seen this lag in other roms) and the taskmanager takes alot to load). now that you have mentioned opera, i had to uninstall the version it came with and install another one because it would randomly exit out on me. and yes, it is a memory hog, but once you exit out of opera, you dont recover your memory back!
See, for me the memory comes right back when I close Opera. Manilla is smooth as glass for me. If you want the version of Opera back that came with the ROM you could try this fix, ripped from Threefaces start up guide:

OPERA CRASHES: you should assign opera cache to internal storage. first, you want to also clear opera cache in advance of the doing this just to ensure it doesn't stay in device memory. go to opera settings>privacy.delete cache. Next in the address bar type opera:config>scroll down to user prefs. under user prefs find cache directory4. change /windows/ to /internal storage/ (make sure you just change this) then scroll all the way to bottom and save. give it a couple seconds to initiate, then close opera and open it again. Now all cache will be assigned to internal storage in the opera9 folder which has just been created. done!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

sheik124 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik124 View Post
Still having the battery bug, the battery icon doesn't display in the title bar, only in notification manager and the dialer. Is there any way to get it back? I believe the Arcsoft MMS/WAP settings I installed are to blame...
I tried searching...
Old 09-17-2009, 01:41 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Ha, cleanram, choice of vampires everywhere

IYO, what is an acceptable mem % for energy, sitting at idle, nothing open?
My device on 9/5 started and stayed pretty much at around 46 % on boot up.
9/6 boots to around 54 % here and stays around 54 % - 67 % depending on how much I run Opera. LOL

I would say acceptable % at boot and idle should be around mid 40s - mid 50s.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I tried searching...
Sounds like a unique issue to just you unfortunately. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling Arcsoft? What are you seeing instead of the battery?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

sheik124 is a n00b

Quote:
Still having the battery bug, the battery icon doesn't display in the title bar, only in notification manager and the dialer. Is there any way to get it back? I believe the Arcsoft MMS/WAP settings I installed are to blame...
Quote:
Sounds like a unique issue to just you unfortunately. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling Arcsoft? What are you seeing instead of the battery?
I installed a .cab for MetroPCS users that automatically sets up MMS and Internet, originally made for the Mogul (or was it Titan?), I can't remember the author's name but I found it at HoFo.

Instead of the battery, I see nothing or 100%. I just reflashed to stock (Bell Mobility), back to Genesis, and did not install the .cab, I still had the same issue. Could it be a bug with the Bell radio?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I installed a .cab for MetroPCS users that automatically sets up MMS and Internet, originally made for the Mogul (or was it Titan?), I can't remember the author's name but I found it at HoFo.

Instead of the battery, I see nothing or 100%. I just reflashed to stock (Bell Mobility), back to Genesis, and did not install the .cab, I still had the same issue. Could it be a bug with the Bell radio?
Oh, might you have better luck over in the GSM threads? Us CDMA folk may not have a solution for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro