View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
sometimes when you scroll the start menu, when you close an app, when it starts up (it takes a long time to load once your on your homescreen; programs like manila (i havent seen this lag in other roms) and the taskmanager takes alot to load). now that you have mentioned opera, i had to uninstall the version it came with and install another one because it would randomly exit out on me. and yes, it is a memory hog, but once you exit out of opera, you dont recover your memory back!
See, for me the memory comes right back when I close Opera. Manilla is smooth as glass for me. If you want the version of Opera back that came with the ROM you could try this fix, ripped from Threefaces start up guide:

OPERA CRASHES: you should assign opera cache to internal storage. first, you want to also clear opera cache in advance of the doing this just to ensure it doesn't stay in device memory. go to opera settings>privacy.delete cache. Next in the address bar type opera:config>scroll down to user prefs. under user prefs find cache directory4. change /windows/ to /internal storage/ (make sure you just change this) then scroll all the way to bottom and save. give it a couple seconds to initiate, then close opera and open it again. Now all cache will be assigned to internal storage in the opera9 folder which has just been created. done!