PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If it's 30% or 70%, does it matter if you've got the apps you need and the ROM is insanely fast and stable?
well yes? how do you want to run opera or other apps that require alot of memory?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

Jackrm9 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

can u point me towards a uninstall cab the one i find doesnt seem to be doing anything
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Always flash back to stock.
Sometimes you may never have issues but then there are times when nothing seems to work right.
A flash to stock resets all factory files and writes the radio to the correct memory location.
Custom roms usually if never have a radio included in the rom.
That can be a big issue when trying to fix problems.

Flash to stock, hard reset and then back to NRG.
See if that doesn't fix you right up.
what about when flashing back your custom radio? do you flash back to stock then hardreset, flash custom rom once, and then radio once? also, does it matter if its by sd card or activesync?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm having the random hard reset problem too (I'm on the 8/11 release). I've flashed 20 ROM's, half have been Energy ROM's, and this is the first one to give me that problem.

I haven't tried the "back to stock" flash first... I may reflash back to stock and take the phone back to sprint to see if I can score a TP2... it's a quirky phone anyway.
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan
Old 09-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Not sure if it's ROM related or Radio Related... but when my data connection is on this thing EATs up the battery.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
well yes? how do you want to run opera or other apps that require alot of memory?
Yeah, my bad, I hit the high #'s WITH something like opera open. My point I so eloquently didn't make was that this ROM runs like a champ no matter what the % reads. Load it up with your preferences and take this Ferrari for a spin, I'm confident you wont be disappointed.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
what about when flashing back your custom radio? do you flash back to stock then hardreset, flash custom rom once, and then radio once? also, does it matter if its by sd card or activesync?
No need to flash to stock just for a radio upgrade unless you are already have serious stability issues.
If you flash to stock before flashing to custom you have the radio already where it needs to be in memory.
So flashing a new radio will go right over the old radio.
At least it should.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yeah, my bad, I hit the high #'s WITH something like opera open. My point I so eloquently didn't make was that this ROM runs like a champ no matter what the % reads. Load it up with your preferences and take this Ferrari for a spin, I'm confident you wont be disappointed.
im running it right now! been running it for a couple of days. you have a point, no matter what percentage you run it on, its still fast. but, it is not as smooth as other roms ive tried and also dont like the percentage leak.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
im running it right now! been running it for a couple of days. you have a point, no matter what percentage you run it on, its still fast. but, it is not as smooth as other roms ive tried and also dont like the percentage leak.
What are you seeing that isn't smooth? Touch Flo? Games? Open/close apps? Just curious. Have you run cleanRAM? I'm about to try it, but it's been mentioned a few times in the thread.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Mine hardly ever needs to clean more that 5 % with cleanram.
If you are having issues install cleanram and update it to current version.
You can then set it to schedule cleans when ever you want.
Set it to clean at times when you least use it.
Maybe that will help.

Opera is a memory hog for sure.
The more tabs in opera you have open the more it eats memory.
Same thing happens on a Windows PC.
Can't beat Opera mobile but you may want to run clean ram.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro