View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
After playing with this rom for about two days, I have come to the conclusion that the Tachi dialer is corrupt on my phone or more buggy than the August builds. I have used the Standard Energy Roms for about three months now and never have I had this amount of crashing with the dialer (yes, I flashed to stock, hard reset, installed energy rom, hard reset to avoid issues). I've used all the normal guides and software I use and none of these problems have been here before.

When calling voicemail, if you press the keypad quickly (to quickly delete voicemails), it will crash. If you start calling someone and press the speakerphone button quickly, it will crash. I read earlier that if you try to hang up quickly it will crash, but I think the problem is much worse than we all think. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that doing ANYTHING on the dialer quickly will result in a crash. I just spend literally 5 minutes trying to call someone. I called him, Tachi crashed when trying to put it on speakerphone, then it woudn't connect. After that, he tried to call me but Tachi was still crashing, then it went to voicemail. After the dialer came up, I went to delete the voicemail, and Tachi crashed again. After that, I called him again, and tried speakerphone yet again and it crashed. Finally, after that, I slowed down and used speakerphone a few seconds after our conversation connected.

This is simply unacceptable. Is there anyway to use an older Tachi Dialer?
Can't say I've had those dialer issues with the 9/20 build, but I think the maker of this Manila port made it pretty clear you're stuck with the dialer that came with it. Unless you don't want to dial out using Manila.

So you're left with either trying the Titanium version or another ROM.