PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

I think I have the battery drain as under control as I can.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the RAM footprint on this ROM? I left the page pool at 8 which I think is recommended for VZW. P!$$3$ me off that Verizon gimped the onboard RAM so bad. I have to run cleanRAM quite often or get out of memory errors. Starts out in the mid-70% range and climbs to mid-90s.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

I posted a link a while back about my extended battdry.
Great price, looks great and I get around 27 hours out of it.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-06-2009 at 07:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the RAM footprint on this ROM? I left the page pool at 8 which I think is recommended for VZW. P!$$3$ me off that Verizon gimped the onboard RAM so bad. I have to run cleanRAM quite often or get out of memory errors. Starts out in the mid-70% range and climbs to mid-90s.
Have never used a VZW TP so other than the normal tweaks I don't know what else to do.
Sad VZW cripples their devices and not just the TPs but many of their devices have less ram than other carriers with the same device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ProfEngr is a n00b

Guess that's why most tweakers are on Sprint eh?

gimped RAM may be the one thing that keeps me from sticking w/ this ROM if I can't lighten the load a dozen MB or so.

Last edited by ProfEngr; 10-06-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post

I feel your pain bro, I get the same ram range as you, Ive tried other roms and all seem to be the same when using touch flo 3d. have you tried using SK tools? There is a built in tool that you can optimise for maximum memory, or performance , sometimes playing around with that slows down the "ram leak". If the ram would stay where its at at boot, it wouldnt be soo bad. but it seems as if every time you open, then close something you loose a little more ram..
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Verizon)

NHRA21 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to NHRA21

Root-
It will be sad not to see your updated themes in this forum. I know this forum is for the EnergyROM, but it has been nice to see the addons that you have made for it. It feeds the fix between flashes for me.
To that end, I was catching up on some posts and I saw the one you made with the green field and clouds(Bliss?) and was wondering if you ever cabed that setup? I like the whole layout of that screen.

-NHRA21
Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Get rid of the Tachi dialer and use the stock win mo dialer if you verizon guys want more ram.. Should free up about 10 megs.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Get rid of the Tachi dialer and use the stock win mo dialer if you verizon guys want more ram.. Should free up about 10 megs.
i am using wm dialer, and ram is still an issue..I boot with 30 megs, and it slowly works its way down to 15 megs, then i reset. I see verizon has touch pro 2 , and now they have htc imagio. but not eligible for upgrade till january..
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jeez.. i can't imagine only having 30 megs at startup.. lol, i get mad when i start with 130+ megs and it slowly creeps down to 100.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
i am using wm dialer, and ram is still an issue..I boot with 30 megs, and it slowly works its way down to 15 megs, then i reset. I see verizon has touch pro 2 , and now they have htc imagio. but not eligible for upgrade till january..
Remember, you don't have to wait the full two years, Or even the 20 months. Your NE2 Discount can be used at 18 months, so if that backs it up for you a lil, then great. The TP2 for verizon is at 288MB RAM instead of 192. In the mean time. If you want to give yourself a lil more kick if you haven't done already. Using the pagepool changer, Change the Pagepool on the ROM down to 16 or 12. It will help free up some of that for ya.

Last edited by jmy72; 10-06-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Dang fingers aint workin right LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro