PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Same here.
I looked and it is not in the menus that I see.
Guess I will check the file system for it. LOL
If you're trying showcase,let us know how it goes. One thing that bothers me is that I don't know which active programs are running. sure the top left start button will show me but i'll have to tip toe my finger nail just to get it to come out. either way, this version has worked better than all the previous 6.5.1 plus 2.5.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Flashed the latest verizon radio and now my GPS is working great and I get a much better signal......oh wait my phone is now just sitting there blank vibrating now...argh...was close, it got me all excited and let me down...like my wife

Last edited by larry6667; 11-11-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
If you're trying showcase,let us know how it goes. One thing that bothers me is that I don't know which active programs are running. sure the top left start button will show me but i'll have to tip toe my finger nail just to get it to come out. either way, this version has worked better than all the previous 6.5.1 plus 2.5.
Long press the bottom right X/Send Key/or (one other I found but cant remember and I'm updating My Phone right now) to bring up the Task Manager to look at running programs if you dont want to Tap Dance with your fingernail
I'll edit this post with the third option after my update.

EDIT:Long press X works but its a LONG Tap and Hold-like 5 seconds, less than ideal IMO, long presss Send is better. Tapping the clock in the upper right hand corner-very quickly- brings up Task Manager for me with that OTHER menu bar over it, touch the screen and it closes out to the home screen. Give it a "real tap" and it just closes to the home screen.
Strange since you can see the running program list but can act on it since touching the screen closes it? Going to take some getting used to. I'm digging the "hidden menu".

EDIT2:I was testing with Google Maps fwiw

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-11-2009 at 07:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:58 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Showcase 1.0.1b works just fine with this new rom.
Just tested and it comes up and runs fine.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Long press the bottom right X/Send Key/or (one other I found but cant remember and I'm updating My Phone right now) to bring up the Task Manager to look at running programs if you dont want to Tap Dance with your fingernail
I'll edit this post with the third option after my update.
Long press did not work on this one for me.
Searched file system and found no hint of Showcase cooked in.
NRG went with the menu instead it seems.
I actually like the menu a lot.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started

I flashed the 11-10 23Xx rom on both of my touch pros! Neither ringer works on both phones.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
I flashed the 11-10 23Xx rom on both of my touch pros! Neither ringer works on both phones.
Guess I will have to grab another phone here and call myself to test it. LOL

Edit: Just tested here and it rang just perfectly with vibrate and ring.
I have VolumeX installed so not sure if that will cause any difference or not.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-11-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Long press did not work on this one for me.
Searched file system and found no hint of Showcase cooked in.
NRG went with the menu instead it seems.
I actually like the menu a lot.
DAre I say it............ someone's got tiny fingers??? I like the functionality of the menu but man, it's like hit and miss with those tiny tiny selections.
long press does work for me, so at least I got something that works.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Guess I will have to grab another phone here and call myself to test it. LOL

Edit: Just tested here and it rang just perfectly with vibrate and ring.
I have VolumeX installed so not sure if that will cause any difference or not.
with this latest build, the ringtone issue is even worse than I previously thought. But it's a price to pay I guess..........
Old 11-11-2009, 01:13 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
DAre I say it............ someone's got tiny fingers??? I like the functionality of the menu but man, it's like hit and miss with those tiny tiny selections.
long press does work for me, so at least I got something that works.
LMAO
It is difficult to click it but I do like the feature being there.
I like features. LOL

Showcase in the top right, MS 6.5 menu at the bottom left, Panoramic Launchpad top left and the new task manager/start menu far top left. LOL
DAMN if I don't have all kinds of ways to open and close apps. LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro