PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
I can not see my phone on my computer now. I tried the uninstall and reinstall of WMD software and it didn't work this time.

How do I access the phone again?

Uggg, I am so sorry if I have taken time away from anyone who is helping (thank you rootlinux) If pm's are more appropriate, that's fine with me.

It remains on the screen mentioned above and it will not trun off holding down the Power Button. It seems I can only use the soft reset button.

What have I done.....
Hit volume down, power button and use the stylus to hit reset.
Do that all at the same time till the bootloader screen appears.
Plug the device to the PC and flash away.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Prez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
No need to worry. Try plugging the phone into your computer via USB, then put the phone into bootloader mode [the tri color screen]...in bootloader, it should say "USB" at the bottom. If it does, then you're good to flash.

Try that.

+( it says Serial

EDIT NM, I just plugged it in and it changed to USB =)

Gonna try again.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
+( it says Serial

EDIT NM, I just plugged it in and it changed to USB =)

Gonna try again.

Thanks!
Did you plug it in? [I gotta ask, dude, sorry]

EDIT: hahaha...cool, yea, you should be good to go. It may have been your backup that caused you some problems - you mentioned using HTC Backup. Try flashing again, make sure you hard reset afterwards, then try soft resetting to see if you get stuck. If not, then move on to your back up...if the phone locks up again, we'll know it's the backup utility causing the issues and nothing ROM or flash related.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-10-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: laughing to self
Old 09-10-2009, 04:40 PM
N00b

Prez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Did you plug it in? [I gotta ask, dude, sorry]

EDIT: hahaha...cool, yea, you should be good to go. It may have been your backup that caused you some problems - you mentioned using HTC Backup. Try flashing again, make sure you hard reset afterwards, then try soft resetting to see if you get stuck. If not, then move on to your back up...if the phone locks up again, we'll know it's the backup utility causing the issues and nothing ROM or flash related.

Ok, first -- thank you both for helping =) It worked fine. All is back.

I installed HTC Data Backup program and the program itself is fine and did not lock up the phone after a hard reset.

I don't mean to ask a question in this thread about another program so, direct me after I ask the first time if it's inappropriate.

I believe when I backed up my data the first time using the program I chose "Back up all data". I just assumed that it meant it would backup all that it had checked it the PIM section. I'm thinking now, ------maybe it backed up programs and such to? then when I choose restore, it only allows me to select the .dbk that I backed up. Is there any way I can select only the stuff I want out of that .dbk file? Possibly using a different program?

Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't use HTC backup so I don't know what all it backs up but if it backs up the registry then that registry may be the problem.
Stock registries do not have all the settings a custom rom has and the ones it does have will probably cause problems with a custom rom.
Then again it maybe files it replaces over this rom.
HTC backup was not designed for winmo 6.5.
I am pretty sure it will work but I would not run a stock backup over a custom rom.

That is probably an issue to research on HTC's web site.
Someone else may know a better answer than that.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, HTC HERO, HTC Touch Pro

sxh79 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sxh79 Send a message via MSN to sxh79 Send a message via Yahoo to sxh79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxh79 View Post
Sorry to bug you...I'm stuck and need some help.

I've flashed my Touch Pro with the "EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090906_Standard." When I configure new e-mail accounts I'm stuck with my initial configuration. I'm unable to go back in and either delete the account or make changes.

Can someone please help me out??? Other than that I think this, so far, is the best ROM I've used to date.

Thanks!!!
sxh79
Anyone have an answer for me? I'm really stuck. I actually had to reflash my phone just to edit an e-mail setting. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

ok, i messed up my phone by installing a program. Can someone please post these manilla files so I don't have to reflash just to get it back to normal? 178f8421, 245f462a, 3941bc49, 5006a8bb, 5c9aa261, 635d8d3d. Something told me to save those files.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Here is a nice today screen replacement for anyone wanting to try something diff.
It is free and it makes the device look and feel almost like Andriod.
Doesn't eat a lot of ram either.
Still running smooth at 49% without SR.

Testing it here and I am pretty impressed.
Just change the wallpaper to your fav NRG pic and there ya go.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4275422
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!

I tried it and everything was going smoothly. Entered the settings screen made some changes and BAM! I cannot access anything on my phone. I don't know what I did exactly. Selected hide tray and fullscreen, closed the settings screen and the next thing I saw was the activesync screen. Now I can't get to the start menu. I can pull up the menu in activesync and that's it. Guess I'll have to flash. Dang.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

snuzum is a n00b

this is a great rom... do you have any idea how to delete the stock and music icon off of the slider? it sucks
Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
This rom is great but I'm having two issues

1. When using the SIP in the old 8/11 NRG rom when you pressed a letter it would show a larger one (like the iphone keyboard) now it doesn't do that.

2. Sometimes when I go to end a call pressing either the end button hardware or software does not do anything but exit out the screen. The person is still on call and the little Phone icon with the bars next to it is still displayed. Almost got myself in a bit of trouble thinking that the phone hung up.

To solve issue number 2 I have to soft reset. This happens at least once a day. It used to happen in the 8/11 ROM and I was hoping it'd be fixed in this one.
for #2 did u hard reset after you flashed? if not that can help you... also the left soft key i set it to phone instead of action since i dont use action.. working gread so far... i am inlove with this rom now... that was my only hang up and i sorta kinda fixed it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro