PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: Verizon.....has anyone seen my Alltel?

leighton86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Did you try going to the Settings tab ---> Wallpaper ---> Change to default and selecting "Yes"? That worked for me.

not yet.....but i'll try it now.

just so you know, you are to be blamed for the fact that i'm nto doing any sort of class work. all of you are......CAN'T YOU SEE THAT IF YOU WOULD JUST QUIT GIVING ME TIPS ON MAKING MY PHONE LE' AWESOME, I'D BE A STRAIGHT A COLLEGE STUDENT?!?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Ok, back to serious issues. ThreeFaces, you made me think about something. I have been having an issue with the clock. I have the worldclock set to my hometown, same as in the weather tab to get weather in my calendar. Randomly the phone will add a city and from time to time the clock will change and poof weather on the calendar is gone. If I change the clock back to my hometown I have to adjust the time, when I do this my appointment times get screwed.
Anyone else?
Dang, I was joking around...haha. On the serious note - I definitely haven't had anything like you're describing...that actually seems like a "carry over" type issue from the previous builds...the kind of thing a hard reset should clear up...?

I have my custom city set in the database that I have configured in World Clock and the Weather tab. I also have my timezone and whatnot set in "clocks and notifications" and haven't had any issues since August 12th or whenever I flashed.

I wonder if you three dudes have a similar setting or program that might be throwing things off. Any programs that interface with the clock? ...alarms, remapping cabs, etc? ...or if any one of you are feeling saucy you might try a hard reset [maybe reflash] to see if it still happens?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have tried Resco Contact Manager and it looks and works well. ( doesn't look like manila though ).
Also works fully with Facebook messaging.

Tried Photo Contacts PRO 5 and although it works it doesn't let me add favorites.

Tried Inesoft Phone 5 and it also works but I do not like the dialer skin. LOL

Any other ideas?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
N00b

leighton86 is a n00b

...beautiful.

it worked.

k, thx!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
N00b

leighton86 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Dang, I was joking around...haha. On the serious note - I definitely haven't had anything like you're describing...that actually seems like a "carry over" type issue from the previous builds...the kind of thing a hard reset should clear up...?

I have my custom city set in the database that I have configured in World Clock and the Weather tab. I also have my timezone and whatnot set in "clocks and notifications" and haven't had any issues since August 12th or whenever I flashed.

I wonder if you three dudes have a similar setting or program that might be throwing things off. Any programs that interface with the clock? ...alarms, remapping cabs, etc? ...or if any one of you are feeling saucy you might try a hard reset [maybe reflash] to see if it still happens?

from what i've seen....it's whenever you try to sync it. that's when it goes all crazy. and it'll occasionally do it on its own.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton86 View Post
from what i've seen....it's whenever you try to sync it. that's when it goes all crazy. and it'll occasionally do it on its own.
When you set up your clock...did you use any of the old fixes? ...like the old recommendation to "stop syncing the clock with the network" or whatever it was?

Also, when you say "sync" do you mean with ActiveSync and your PC...or MyPhone? Sync what?

I'm leaning towards recommending one of you dudes try a hard reset [maybe with a reflash] to see if it clears up the issue - any of you have your device "sashimied" and want to take a hit for the home team?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
N00b

leighton86 is a n00b

Quote:
When you set up your clock...did you use any of the old fixes? ...like the old recommendation to "stop syncing the clock with the network" or whatever it was?

Also, when you say "sync" do you mean with ActiveSync and your PC...or MyPhone? Sync what?

I'm leaning towards recommending one of you dudes try a hard reset [maybe with a reflash] to see if it clears up the issue - any of you have your device "sashimied" and want to take a hit for the home team?

well, i mean syncing with AS and my PC. and i've already tried doing MULTIPLE reflashes......and i'm still occasionally late for class because my clock hates me.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor

I have NEVER been able to see the weather on my home screen, no matter which ROM I used. I should point out that my city was already in the database, so I just selected it from the clock screen and weather screen. I did notice that on the weather screen it shows city/state, while on the clock screen it just shows city. I wonder whether that's what causes the home page to think that the two cities are not the same? For those of you who've gotten the weather to show up on the home page - did you have to add a custom city? When you view your city on the clock and weather screen do they both show city/state? Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton86 View Post
well, i mean syncing with AS and my PC. and i've already tried doing MULTIPLE reflashes......and i'm still occasionally late for class because my clock hates me.
How's about a stock flash? ...any interest in the Golden Fix?

I've notice my device will "take on" the time settings from my PC when connected with ActiveSync [so it changes a few minutes or however "off" my PC is], but I don't think I've ever noticed another city popping up in World Clock and throwing off the time like you're describing.

Here's a wild one...what city gets added? Vegas? Is it a random one that's different each time? ...any chance of you accidentally "pocket pressing" a new city? ...or are you all using a screen lock? [that's a stretch...but it could happen, I suppose].

The whole thing sounds like a carry over issue, which would lead me to think the stock flash jam should fix it...if it doesn't, then there must be a setting or app that's causing the conflict. ..I'm scratching my head, literally...not like when people type "lol" when they're not entertained, but merely placating you.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
N00b

leighton86 is a n00b

Quote:
How's about a stock flash? ...any interest in the Golden Fix?

I've notice my device will "take on" the time settings from my PC when connected with ActiveSync [so it changes a few minutes or however "off" my PC is], but I don't think I've ever noticed another city popping up in World Clock and throwing off the time like you're describing.

Here's a wild one...what city gets added? Vegas? Is it a random one that's different each time? ...any chance of you accidentally "pocket pressing" a new city? ...or are you all using a screen lock? [that's a stretch...but it could happen, I suppose].

The whole thing sounds like a carry over issue, which would lead me to think the stock flash jam should fix it...if it doesn't, then there must be a setting or app that's causing the conflict. ..I'm scratching my head, literally...not like when people type "lol" when they're not entertained, but merely placating you.

you just hit the nail on the head....it's GM-5 Eastern time....EVERYTIME. which leads me to think that it's something to do with a conflict with the clock itself....like with the time sync that it has....

i don't know....maybe it REALLY wants to just have the GM-5?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro