View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
ahuskins
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
When you set up your clock...did you use any of the old fixes? ...like the old recommendation to "stop syncing the clock with the network" or whatever it was?

Also, when you say "sync" do you mean with ActiveSync and your PC...or MyPhone? Sync what?

I'm leaning towards recommending one of you dudes try a hard reset [maybe with a reflash] to see if it clears up the issue - any of you have your device "sashimied" and want to take a hit for the home team?
Havent' tried the Network Sync fix. I will try that one first. I eat the Sushi, but want to test the other fix first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I have NEVER been able to see the weather on my home screen, no matter which ROM I used. I should point out that my city was already in the database, so I just selected it from the clock screen and weather screen. I did notice that on the weather screen it shows city/state, while on the clock screen it just shows city. I wonder whether that's what causes the home page to think that the two cities are not the same? For those of you who've gotten the weather to show up on the home page - did you have to add a custom city? When you view your city on the clock and weather screen do they both show city/state? Thanks
My city is a custom add. State is listed on Weather tab, although that is only a text field. You could put "Timbucktu" in the City field and set your zip or city code in the city code field and the weather would download. State is NOT listed on the clock tab. The thing that makes me believe my clock problem is related to network sync is that I can delete all other cities from the worldclock, only displaying my own city, and eventually I will get the city "GMT-12 Kwajal..." added. Don't know why. Just don't want to click on it. After this city is added my clock will eventually download Central timezone and set it as my default (this is from the network sync I believe) then my appts. get screwed up.