PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I tried a new SIP in the latest ROM.. seems T9 is crappy and the contact picker still doesnt work right. Does anyone have a suggestion or a cab on what ezinput package works BEST for your Herman ? HTC only please.. no fingerkeyboard or other third party SIPs. Thanks
right now, I'm just running the juicy western ezinput cuz it seems to work better and more alike the SIP you included in previous roms. And T9 and everything seems to work just fine.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero with Google

bwarce is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

What is the latest Manila 2.1 with 21864 build? And where can I download it from?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 EnrgyRom
Carrier: Cricket MMS, WAP, Youtube

1eyebandit is just getting started

I downloaded the latest rom EnergyROM_23088_HERMAN_14.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5, I unchecked the htc location then went to update my location and a Google Location Terms and Agreement came up but theres no way to accpet. Has anyone ran into this issue.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

NRGZ28 and anyone interested,

I've been running WM23088/M2.5 Nov 14th since 5:00am this morning and the only problem that I'm having is extreme battery drain! I know about the usual battery problems with EnergyROMs but I have never in all of the ROMs that I have used from NRGZ28 had anything like this. I noticed that my DATA connection is on 100% of the time. So, I turned off My Location and all automatic updating and soft reset. Same thing was still happening. I then completely disabled M2.5 and rebooted. The problem went away. My data connection stayed off unless I used it and my battery life went WAY up. I even turned off auto shutdown and started up WiFi just to see how fast I could get the battery to drain. The drainage went down very slowly. I then re-enabled M2.5 and BAM right back to extreme drainage of the battery. So, I did the flash dance all over again just to be sure and without loading any other software the problem was still there. My Touch Pro will even stay warm when it is powered off. So, I don't know what it is but it is new to me and NRGZ28 ROMs. None of the battery tweaks or Lumus do any good either. I havn't seen anyone else report this on this build so I thought I would put it out there.

pea****93
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post

I've been running WM23088/M2.5 Nov 14th since 5:00am this morning and the only problem that I'm having is extreme battery drain! I know about the usual battery problems with EnergyROMs but I have never in all of the ROMs that I have used from NRGZ28 had anything like this. I noticed that my DATA connection is on 100% of the time. So, I turned off My Location and all automatic updating and soft reset. Same thing was still happening. I then completely disabled M2.5 and rebooted. The problem went away. My data connection stayed off unless I used it and my battery life went WAY up. I even turned off auto shutdown and started up WiFi just to see how fast I could get the battery to drain. The drainage went down very slowly. I then re-enabled M2.5 and BAM right back to extreme drainage of the battery. So, I did the flash dance all over again just to be sure and without loading any other software the problem was still there. My Touch Pro will even stay warm when it is powered off. So, I don't know what it is but it is new to me and NRGZ28 ROMs. None of the battery tweaks or Lumus do any good either. I havn't seen anyone else report this on this build so I thought I would put it out there.

pea****93
I had some extreme battery drain about a week or so ago. I believe it was on the 11/10 build. I had gone into settings and turned off the phone radio. Four hours later my battery was at 50% and my phone was pretty warm. I did the Dance again and haven't run across the problem since. I know you said you did the Dance again, but maybe trying again won't hurt. I also know they are different builds but just wanted to give my .02 since I was in a similar situation. It's not much help, but wanted to let you know you aren't the only one that had an issue like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin_diva400 View Post
thank you sir, worked like a charm

edit: okay, it seems you have to keep re-enabling the posfix in the start-up folder because whenever i go to text, the manila wigs out.
As I said, work in progress. But fun nonetheless.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
I had some extreme battery drain about a week or so ago. I believe it was on the 11/10 build. I had gone into settings and turned off the phone radio. Four hours later my battery was at 50% and my phone was pretty warm. I did the Dance again and haven't run across the problem since. I know you said you did the Dance again, but maybe trying again won't hurt. I also know they are different builds but just wanted to give my .02 since I was in a similar situation. It's not much help, but wanted to let you know you aren't the only one that had an issue like that.
ManUtd,

Thanks! I think I'm going to wait just a little bit. It looks like NRGZ28 is up to something!!!??? Check the Hotfile download site.

pea****93
Old 11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

dvanburen is a n00b

Quote:

pea****93
Same. My battery died in 5 hours with all of 30 minutes talk time and no data usage other than weather downloads.

Edit: I never enabled automatic weather DL with this build, thought I had.

Last edited by dvanburen; 11-15-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycc View Post
@ NRGZ28: I'm wondering how many hours do you sleep everyday? I see you on and off line often. Do you smell something up here, so that's why you wake up?
Its not humanly possible, therefore he must be superhuman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I used to get that all the time, which is the reason I slowed down on the constant ROM cooking and now I only do it late night or while at work, as time permits. This way I keep the wife AND you guys happy... better than no ROMs at all, IMO. hehe
Wow you hav a busy life, this proves you are superhuman! lol Truly amazing!
I had an ex-girlfriend bother me about spending time with my phone.
One reason why she is an ex-girlfriend, lol
Now I have a girl who doens't pretend to understand, but respects my time anyway.
I look at my brothers HTC Hero, and feel sad he will never experience the feeling of flashing a new rom or test a buggy new manilla..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Here's is another fix you guys should do. To illustrate, click on the new txt message icon in the messaging tab. Now start typing a name in the to field for a contact which has no email address, just a phone number. The contact will not come up.
Make the following change and try again.

From XDA:

Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback
Have you tried the registry setting in the Messaging Client to disable the HTC Contact Picker? You should then be able to add a recipient just fine.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging]
"HTCContactPicker"=dword:00000001 ;CHANGE TO dword:00000000
Maybe Root can cab this up as my laptop doesn't have the software I need to do so.
Okay nobody did yet so I made one.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTCcontactFix.cab (805 Bytes, 137 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

Quote:

pea****93
I was experiencing that yesterday before i flashed to the new Rom. I charged my battery at work, took it off the charger and no less than 20 mins my battery went from 100% to 60%. I noticed that my phone was extremely hot, so i powered it off to see if it would cool down but to no avail, it didn't. On this new rom(23088 build) i'm not seeing any issues with the battery. But the more i think about it, my phone was roaming the entire time while i was at work, so maybe that play its effect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro