PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc raphael
Carrier: sprint

scully1485 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Let me start off by saying this has been the best rom i have used in my entire ownership of my TP. I have come aacross a small problem and sorry if this has been posted/answered already. I am using the latest build and I downloaded the cab for the white taskbar icons. My battery meter isn't working, it shows full charge even if the battery is below 50%. WHen i click on the taskbar to see the notifications, it shows the right battery meter ... anyone know about this? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Found it! There are TWO record buttons. When in a call hit Menu, hit Record then Scroll Down to Start Recording. Weird two step process I know but it works. Dont know if there's a way to simplify it.

thank! but it's actually one step. there's Record and Stat recording, "Record" doesnt do anything, but "start recording" works.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Does windows 6.5 have an auto lock after screen turns off feature? So When I power back on it goes to the swipe locking screen?

Last edited by mxl180; 10-18-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:52 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...93#post1244293
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:54 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
Does windows 6.5 have an auto lock after screen turns off feature? So When I power back on it goes to the swipe locking screen?
There are a few options.
S2U2 is free and does what you are asking.
Another option is PocketShield which I use.
Windows does have it's own lock as well but it doesn't work as well.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
Do you or anyone else know of an app or something so I can quickly toggle the GPS on/off without going thru 4 layers of menus? I know on my old Treo 800w the GPS would eat up the battery life so I am curious to see how much difference it makes on my TP. I only use the GPS maybe once a week.
I don't think it is actually possible to fully disable the GPS on the phone (unless you actually damage the chip). Location setting should just block access to the port for any other applications (because remember E911 can still access it, so the GPS is not truly OFF)

Besides, the GPS only uses power when the COM port associated with it is in use. If you dont use it just goes to low power or sleep mode on which it consumes just enough to be able to respond when an application calls for it.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour 9630
Carrier: US Cellular

Sophos is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Sophos Send a message via MSN to Sophos Send a message via Yahoo to Sophos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
I use CSDevCtrllock (autolock). It works really well for what you are describing and has quite a few other features as well. Here is the XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
...and here is the .cab......
Attached Files
File Type: cab csdevctrl.6.18.CAB (138.4 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Well setting up a computer for remote access is a dangerous business because it opens a door that can be used by other people to do many things, including stealing information, proxy, botnets and so on...

First of all, the basics:

You must have a strong password and a good username. I recommend to create a separate account that you should use for remote access purposes with limited privileges (also known as 'limited user')

You must know your external IP. Keep in mind that if your are not paying your ISP for a Static IP, your external IP will change everytime you reboot your HSI/DSL modem. There is a way around this which uses a DDNS service.

You should have another computer to test the RDC connection. A laptop is preferred.

If you have a router, you must know:

Username and password for the configuration page.
How to forward ports

NOTE: In order to use RDC the target computer must be ON. I know this sounds silly but a computer that is powered on but 'sleeping' wont allow connections.

There are several tutorials on YT, I found this one to be interesting, it does not cover DDNS but it covers basic setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbrZqoXpY
o i see well im trying to get into my laptop... its not a big deal i guess i just know my phone is capable and wanted to try it out....

its kinda like having a vid compatible phone but cant record...
Old 10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks works perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
I use CSDevCtrllock (autolock). It works really well for what you are describing and has quite a few other features as well. Here is the XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
...and here is the .cab......
Old 10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I don't think it is actually possible to fully disable the GPS on the phone (unless you actually damage the chip). Location setting should just block access to the port for any other applications (because remember E911 can still access it, so the GPS is not truly OFF)

Besides, the GPS only uses power when the COM port associated with it is in use. If you dont use it just goes to low power or sleep mode on which it consumes just enough to be able to respond when an application calls for it.

I true but does it ever go to sleep or low power mode? I am thinking it would always be running in the background so it is "locked" on your current location incase you launch any type of software you don't have to wait 15+ seconds to get a "lock". Since I have turned mine off it seems like mine isn't draining the battery nearly quite as fast as it did. Could be just imagination tho. lol

EDIT: Just to elaborate a little further. My phone was fully charged at my first post which was 3hrs ago. I have MiQ(similar to Dashwire)running in the background, Facebook Mobile, and text my wife for 15min. My battery has dropped 20% where I barely get one signal bar in my house. But as I said it could just be my imagination.

Last edited by jobryan26; 10-18-2009 at 03:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro