View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
fenixjn
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
Do you or anyone else know of an app or something so I can quickly toggle the GPS on/off without going thru 4 layers of menus? I know on my old Treo 800w the GPS would eat up the battery life so I am curious to see how much difference it makes on my TP. I only use the GPS maybe once a week.
I don't think it is actually possible to fully disable the GPS on the phone (unless you actually damage the chip). Location setting should just block access to the port for any other applications (because remember E911 can still access it, so the GPS is not truly OFF)

Besides, the GPS only uses power when the COM port associated with it is in use. If you dont use it just goes to low power or sleep mode on which it consumes just enough to be able to respond when an application calls for it.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)