PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Thanks Root, I've been meaning to read up on it but I've been strapped for time lately (typing this in my dump truck running up the highway LOL) but I have another issue and I'm not sure if it's related to a bad flash because 9-20 did it too, my camera always takes pics the wrong way, in other words you have to rotate the pic counter clockwise to view it right. Anyone else have that issue or do you think it's part of the bad flash?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

apwillis is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Install this cab and soft reset.
You will now have a task manager in your Mobile Shell carousel .
Works perfect.

Edit: Just checked and my drop down task manager works great in MS3.5 on 10/14 as well.
There seems to be something different in the 10/15 Titanium rom. Mobile shell works with quick menu task manager with the 10/14 rom though.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Thanks 3, I kinda figured I'd have to reflash (I really need to figure out Samsashi) looks like I'll be awake till 3:00 am again tonight
If you're gonna spend the time reconfiguring, spend it following MURDUCKYS SASHIMI Guide...seriously dude, I wouldn't steer you wrong. His thread makes cake work of SASHIMI. It does take a few hours, depending on how hardcore your set up is, but once it's done...it's done. I usuaally flash a new build without auto-UC...look around ot see what tweeks are preinstalled, make whatever adjustments I need to [removing cabs and tweek sthat arn't needed, then I do my hard reset [which I always do after a flash] with the sashimi configured storage card and let it run my auto-UC that time.

Honestly...it's NOT worth setting the device up every time you hard reset. ...an dthe more complex your configuration gets, the more of a P in the A it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
I guess the only difficult part would be knowing and finding which keys to export, unless there is some tool to compare before and after images of the registry after installing an app.

Know of any such program?

Edit: I primarily refer to registration keys...
I think Sashimi will do a full reg image, but i wouldn't recommend it...seems l ike a recipe for problems. Murducky's Guide highlights the most common reg edits you'd want to back up for various features. Anything else would be something you were doing normally. I think I use SKTools or Total Commander to export reg keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltee View Post
HTML email failing to render in 10-14

Has anyone else seen this issue? It worked fine on all the September images... and it seems to be happening regardless of what settings I tell it to use for the email client. (happens both with the exchange based email, and just generic web mail (yahoo/google/etc).

It just displays a blank mail content. even for messages which looked fine yesterday on the old rom (before i flashed). Text email (non html formatted) renders just fine.

They are downloaded, i.e. show the 'message downloaded' envelope in the mail list, and they do display the proper size i.e. 25k, 30k, etc (whatever the full html size is), they just remain blank/unviewable when selected
I think that's a bad flash. I may be misunderstanding the issue, but I've had an issue in the past where the envelopes in TouchFlo don't display even thoiugh everything else tells me there's mail and I can still go in and view them.

Reflash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Thanks Root, I've been meaning to read up on it but I've been strapped for time lately (typing this in my dump truck running up the highway LOL) but I have another issue and I'm not sure if it's related to a bad flash because 9-20 did it too, my camera always takes pics the wrong way, in other words you have to rotate the pic counter clockwise to view it right. Anyone else have that issue or do you think it's part of the bad flash?
...bad flash still - the camera rotation issues shoudl have been addressed in the last build.

Whoa...new smiley icons...deal with this right now! Me with my killfast stock ROM:
Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

minwoo1983 is just getting started

Does anybody have a problem with their End key not working properly? As I'm reading a txt message if I push the Talk key, it will dial the number of the person whose txt I was reading. Pushing the End Call button on the touch screen doesn't end the call. And even pushing End key on the phone does no good. I have to soft reset to end the call lol. Any ideaas??

Actually this doesn't apply only to text messages. Several times I would call a number and then try to hang up right away but am unable to. The call just goes through no matter how many times I hit the End key on the phone.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eltee is a n00b

I'll do ye olde burn to stock and back, see if it helps... The issue isn't the manilla envalope, that seems to be what its always been, its that the actual outlook email view simply renders all html encoded emails as just blank white empty... nothings...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by draycal View Post
Thanks Impulse, I'm on my way to the Sprint store.....maybe it's time for a TP2?
if you're hoping for a free one, i doubt it's gonna happen because they're just gonna fix it in the store.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwoo1983 View Post
Does anybody have a problem with their End key not working properly? As I'm reading a txt message if I push the Talk key, it will dial the number of the person whose txt I was reading. Pushing the End Call button on the touch screen doesn't end the call. And even pushing End key on the phone does no good. I have to soft reset to end the call lol. Any ideaas??

Actually this doesn't apply only to text messages. Several times I would call a number and then try to hang up right away but am unable to. The call just goes through no matter how many times I hit the End key on the phone.
It's a known bug in the dialer. just use the hardware end key instead. I hate this dialer...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
try this link:
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...70&news_id=165

it's a hotfix from HTC for folks that have difficutlties with their GPS. Hope this works for you!
Would you believe I had it all locked up ready to hit the store... stepped outside and Google nailed 6 sats in under 3sec. So now I'm going straight back to 10/14 with the 1.03.03V radio. If that works I'll flash the 1.03.09V and see if it breaks.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

It was mentioned it's a dialer issue - here's a bit more information:

The Tachi Dialer, as it's known is required for TouchFlo to function properly...or so, I've been told. There are two big issues with this dialer - first, sometimes when receiving an incoming call, your slide to answer will get "stuck" and it could be difficult/impossible to answer. This bug is best addressed by making sure your "suspendresume" reg edntry is set to #777, which is should be now by default.

The second big issue is what you mentioned. It's not just texts...anytime you accidentially initiate a call and try to end it before it connects, the dialer will freeze, the call will continue to connect, and you may lose the ability to end the call...forcing a soft reset.

The "fix" for this is not accidentially calling people . If you do, you can either let the call connect, then terminiate the call...or you can just soft reset.

It's annoying, but hopfully doesn't happen that often. There is no actual "fix". You can disable the Tachi Dialer, but you will lose some of the phone features that are integrated into TouchFlo.

Hope that helps a bit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
It's a known bug in the dialer. just use the hardware end key instead. I hate this dialer...
Like impulse said it's a known issue. Personally it only happens on a RARE occasion. Since I like to test/tweak/help out I've done numerous intentional "Panic Hang Ups", two dozen or more. What I've found (Threefaces'll back me on this I think) is that having patience helps. I know it's not much but if you can pause an extra half second or so before pushing either key it should help. I've found most times if the screen still says "Dialing" it's more likely to crash. The faster you push End, the more likely the crash.
Even when I cause the crash I've never had to soft reset. If the dialer crashes back to the Home screen push the Send key one time and wait. A few seconds will elapse but the dialer should come up and you can end the call normally. The more buttons you push during the crash the more the dialer freaks out, IMO. FWIW, the 1014 Tachi appears more stable to me. Hope that helps.

Edit:See? I knew Three would back me Though due to slow typing, I'm backing him.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-19-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro