PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

draycal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
if you're hoping for a free one, i doubt it's gonna happen because they're just gonna fix it in the store.
They said they would order a new TP and I could go back to the store tomorrow to pick it up. I had it for under a year so it was still under warranty. I did flash it back to the original rom. Would it have voided the warranty if I didn't. Could the last rom have caused this issue of the screen problem?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draycal View Post
They said they would order a new TP and I could go back to the store tomorrow to pick it up. I had it for under a year so it was still under warranty. I did flash it back to the original rom. Would it have voided the warranty if I didn't. Could the last rom have caused this issue of the screen problem?
I'm in the midst of having my TP replaced...under warranty, no questions asked so long as they can't repair it at the repair shop. ...and yes, it most definitely would have voided yoru warranty if you didn't flash back to a stock ROM/radio and relock it.

It's important to know not only how to hack...but how to heal.

I'm relocking mine right now to take it in tonight. The TP's are not known for being super dependable hardware wise...keyboards die, screens go out, usb ports fail. ...and that's just the common stuff.

EDIT: ...and I doubt the ROM would cause the screen to fail. A lot of folks are running these ROMs and it would be widely reported if it caused a hardware failure of any kind.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

RT @NRGZ28: New WVGA 23071 ROMs uploading now, with changelogs and several bugs fixed. VGA ROMs soon to follow.

WOOHOO! NRG is the MAN !!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b

and with 10/14 and 1.03.03V GPS is dead again. QuickGPS downloaded fine after I did *228 opt 1 to get the Data connection back. That seems to be dead every time I flash this ROM. Maybe I'll have better luck w/ the next release. I'll try to flash the newer radio. If that doesn't work I'm going go back to locked (where I hope it works again) and flash the 9/20 release. Maybe I'll have luck w/ that one. This really sux, but I'm not holding it against the Chef. too many variables.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
and with 10/14 and 1.03.03V GPS is dead again. QuickGPS downloaded fine after I did *228 opt 1 to get the Data connection back. That seems to be dead every time I flash this ROM. Maybe I'll have better luck w/ the next release. I'll try to flash the newer radio. If that doesn't work I'm going go back to locked (where I hope it works again) and flash the 9/20 release. Maybe I'll have luck w/ that one. This really sux, but I'm not holding it against the Chef. too many variables.
Argh. Out of curiosity, when you changed radios, did you *change* or just reflash your radio? I'm wondering, maybe, if that'd help? It's really strange otherwise...especially since you can get it working again by flashing all stock.

Def a brain scratcher. I'll bang my head too.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Could you guys tell me where you get the stock sprint rom? I never did those flash dances before, but since I'm still having problem with the in call recording to record both ways and some random screen off while in call since 9/20 built. I guess it's time for me to do the "right" thing. hahahahaha
Thanx!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

on 20091014 is any one having issues with sms. sometimes when i go to type the text field at the bottom where input appears is cut off so i cant see what im typing.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
on 20091014 is any one having issues with sms. sometimes when i go to type the text field at the bottom where input appears is cut off so i cant see what im typing.

I had this happen a couple times today. I saw this on some 6.5 roms I ran on my old Mogul. Don't know if there's a fix. I searched (this thread only) and didn't find anything about it.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Could you guys tell me where you get the stock sprint rom? I never did those flash dances before, but since I'm still having problem with the in call recording to record both ways and some random screen off while in call since 9/20 built. I guess it's time for me to do the "right" thing. hahahahaha
Thanx!!!
Pretty sure there's a link to Stock ROM in the Unlock From SD Thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

or just Google Sprint Stock ROM, make sure it's a Herman (TP)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You can get a Sprint Stock Rom from HTC's website.
Not sure about any others.
Most are posted on the forum as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro