View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draycal View Post
They said they would order a new TP and I could go back to the store tomorrow to pick it up. I had it for under a year so it was still under warranty. I did flash it back to the original rom. Would it have voided the warranty if I didn't. Could the last rom have caused this issue of the screen problem?
I'm in the midst of having my TP replaced...under warranty, no questions asked so long as they can't repair it at the repair shop. ...and yes, it most definitely would have voided yoru warranty if you didn't flash back to a stock ROM/radio and relock it.

It's important to know not only how to hack...but how to heal.

I'm relocking mine right now to take it in tonight. The TP's are not known for being super dependable hardware wise...keyboards die, screens go out, usb ports fail. ...and that's just the common stuff.

EDIT: ...and I doubt the ROM would cause the screen to fail. A lot of folks are running these ROMs and it would be widely reported if it caused a hardware failure of any kind.