PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead315 View Post
Zeybrin,

While you phone may have been fudged it was not "bricked" we reserve bricked for when the phone becomes a paper weight(unfixable).

YoungPro83,

I wouldnt recommend flashing straight from one rom to another. Flashing from Mightrom 6 to this ROM "fudged" my phone. It got to about 25% of the loading phase in the bootloader and it just stopped. I flashed back to Stock then flashed to this ROM and it worked perfectly. Im not saying that its required to flash back to Stock ROM but it only takes a few minutes and has been suggested by almost all of the experts on this forum.
Yes you are very correct. I would not suggest just flashing from ROM to ROm either, I was just stating that before I knew of the flash dance that is what I was doing and luckily I have not ran across any problems. Since I have found out about properly flashing ROM's this has been my approach. Also.....can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 1014 that I am on and the 1015 titanium? Or rather what is the difference between titanium and standard?? I know that titanium is without TF3D right? Just asking because Ive always just flashed standard and never a titanium and was just wondering what the big difference was.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Step by step hardware keyboard fix.

Install RaphKbdControl_CDMA.CAB
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1255514244

It will install into Settings folder.
It will be listed as Keyboard Config.

Run it and hit Menu/Add key
A box will pop up and you will need to slide the keyboard open.
Hit the TXT hard key.
Scroll down to the Action field and chose "Run program"
Next scroll down to the Program field.
There are 2 options here. Typing it in is faster.
1. Browse to Windows folder and click SMS.lnk
2. Manually type in \Windows\SMS.lnk
Hit ok

Next
Hit Menu/Add key
A box will pop up
Hit the envelope hardkey.
Scroll down to the Action field and chose "Run program"
Next scroll down to the Program field.
Again, two options to do here.
1. Browse to Windows folder and click Messaging.lnk
2. Manually type in \Windows\Messaging.lnk
Hit ok

Last hit Update config

Close the app and test the keyboard.
No need to soft reset.
Great man. That worked out perfectly. Thanks for the detailed instruction on how to fix that. Like I said I never really used it but the fact that it didnt work was driving me nuts! Thanks again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Happy to help bro.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Happy to help bro.
Hey are you familiar with titanium? i guess my quesiton is what is the big difference between the titanium rom and the standard one?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jtology is a n00b

I tried the standard rom and everything seems to work except for incall recording. I get the menu option to record and click on it, but no beep to affirm recording and when I hit stop recording and check incall recording program for sound file.. there is no file. That aside, my other question is.. how do I go back to stock program 3 columns and single line "All Programs" menu. I am not talking about the "Start Menu" 3 column cab that is available. I'm strictly referring to the "Programs" Tab Menu and the "All Programs" sub menu. I prefer the original view than the tiny newer view. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by jtology; 10-19-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Ok here is an update to my sms woes, I can send and recieve though manilla and if I go to my text tab in touchflo I can see my recieved texts but when I hit the "all messages" soft key nothings there? I also have 2 outlook mail tabs in touchflo now too, I know I'll have to reflash but just throwin some info out there, any ideas anyone?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Big difference is the lack of TD3D.
Should work the same other than that.
I love modding Manila so I use TD3D.
Standard has both
Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSteppin4140 View Post
Anyone?

Or, can I possibly get back to the "newer" HTC album, and just not have the capability to upload to Facebook? Frustrating.
I think you need to uninstall the old album. I made a note that some of the functionality of the new album would be lost if you downgrade to the old album...but you get the Facebook upload, so you need to pick which is more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeybrin View Post
Well... I don't know if it is this newest ROM update, or if my phone is just giving out but... My phone has been bricking itself when using Photon...

My phone would turn on but will never get past the part of boot up where it says "Touch Pro" and has all of the small red lettering...

So now I am flashing Psyki's rom to see if my phone is still gonna brick itself...

Oh, and if you are wondering how I am flashing ROMs onto my phone if I cant even get it to boot up... I press and hold the reset button along with volume down to get the phone to that multi-colored screen... from there it can recognize usb connections.
If the phoen is freezing or hard resetting, flash a stock rom, hard reset, flash back to a custom rom, hard rest. ...simply flashing another rom will likely not solve the issue and it may "follow you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Ok here is an update to my sms woes, I can send and recieve though manilla and if I go to my text tab in touchflo I can see my recieved texts but when I hit the "all messages" soft key nothings there? I also have 2 outlook mail tabs in touchflo now too, I know I'll have to reflash but just throwin some info out there, any ideas anyone?
Reflash. The two Outlooks are the first indication of a bad flash...the texts not working proerly [assuing they were configured correct] is the second sign.

Someone also asked about their car charger not charging. Can you connect to the PC at all or use active sync? If not, and the phone only charges with the wall charger, your USB may be fried. Like mine...yay! You'll need to relock the phone and bring it in for service/replacement.

rocka.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

draycal is a n00b

Ok..here's a new one. I woke up this morning turned my phone on and the touch screen didnt work. The keys worked, but not the touch screen part. After turning off several times and pulling out the battery it still didnt work. I hard reset it, flashed to stock and still didnt work. I hard reset it again and tried to flash back to NRG ROM, and the touch screen still didnt work....any suggestions out there? I have been running the newest NRG ROM since it came out..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Found it! There are TWO record buttons. When in a call hit Menu, hit Record then Scroll Down to Start Recording. Weird two step process I know but it works. Dont know if there's a way to simplify it.

Edit: One time I tried and Start Recording was greyed out but mxl180 pointed out it should be available right away, just scroll down. On my second attempt it wasn't greyed out.
Mine has always worked with both recording. However, I only hear my voice in the recording not the other person's. Is that normal? or should I be able to record both ways?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro