PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psternklar View Post
The messaging lock ups may be due to showcase. It was a problem with Calk's kitchen. Try taking out of startup folder.
thanks for the note! that wont help my GPS problem which is quite important for me. i'm downloading 21864 & the new topaz smoke rom will give em both a shot
Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

My only problem I have had with 23081 was the Input icon missing under the Settings/Personal folder. I posted a fix for that a few pages back that I found at XDA. 23081 is extremely fast and stable on my Sprint Touch Pro!!! I dont' know if the people having problems did the Flash Dance but I would recommend doing it again. It is a pain I know, but it does work. The only time I've had problems was when I tried to shortcut the process. I also know that everyone has different software loaded which might also be a problem.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My GPS works great for the most part.
Bing and Telenav work great.
Weather tab finds me just fine.
Google maps just froze my device while testing it though.
It worked fine yesterday so I will test it some more.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Ok. Google maps just loaded fine and found me this time as it has many other times.
Possibly running GPS apps back to back may cause an issue.
Not sure but it has only froze that one time.

I have used many stock phones and some were a LOT less stable than NRG's custom roms. LOL
NRG has made some KICK A$$ roms and this one is no different.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

I still cant activesync......I have to do a hard reset to flash roms...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackte4 View Post
Your active sync doesn't work?
Have you tried removing the device from the active sync on the PC and reconnect?
Have you tried closing active sync on the device and PC and reconnecting?

Also you do not need to Hard Reset to flash.
Just hold down the Power button, Volume down and hit the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and it will enter boot loader mode.
From there just connect to USB and flash.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Smile Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Check a few of my posts back, gave another user some tips on getting active sync right, including Threfaces guide in my sig

+1 What root said. Remember nrgz said 21864 is the stable one, 081 is great but there are going to be issues. He can only do his magic with what he was given. Yes, I'm seeing the messaging lock ups too-MMS for me. Still working with it, if "living on the edge" isnt for you I'd go with 21864=rock solid.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

I had the freeze up overnight several times. I noticed that every time it froze I had battery on fast charge (in utilities/tweaks). I've been keeping the 900ma charge mode off and it has not done it. After a couple weeks of no lockups, I tried the fast charge overnight again and sure enough it was locked up solid in the morning. Fast charge may possibly be running the phone in an over-voltage situation which is causing hardware problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungusdavej View Post
That worked! I did not read through all of the posts when I did the earlier search and just did the Keyboard config fix following your instructions. Sorry to be a bother!

Now if it will only not freeze overnight I love this ROM!

Thanx again!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
dont know if it will help but the only way i can activesync is by going under settings,usb connection,then i always have to uncheck the lil box under activesync,after i have no problems till my next flashdance,dunno which build it was when this started for me,but been having to do it since

Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rcharles is becoming a great contributor

Now that I have the 081 rom loaded whenever my TP starts up I get a Mortscript box that says .mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual. I click OK on the box and the TP runs normally. How do I get rid of the box?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro