PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

So ...no one wants to comment on the battery life on this ROM...??

Please...I want to try it...but the one that I have has great battery...but full of little problems....

Thanks

JP
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post

Please...I want to try it...but the one that I have has great battery...but full of little problems....

Thanks

JP
Battery life is not the best. I get about 12-16 hours max with hardly any talk time and only a handfull of text. This is almost a deal breaker for me but I got one of those USB chargers that take AA batteries and this will do on those long days.
The speed, stability and beauty of the ROM (09/20) seems worth the short battery life for now.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post

Thanks

JP
there is like 1000 post about battery life in this thread man,there are batt. issues but plenty of tweaks as to how to improve battery life on this rom,also your battery life will mostly play on how you use your device,personally i i use mine too much lol,but after using my phone all day after it comes off the charger @ 7 am, i still usually sit in the 50-60% range by 5pm when i get home,all tweaks and fixes i use have come from this thread and i thank everybody for all that they do,just thumb thru the pages and the amount of info you will find be quite useful

Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
there is like 1000 post about battery life in this thread man,there are batt. issues but plenty of tweaks as to how to improve battery life on this rom,also your battery life will mostly play on how you use your device,personally i i use mine too much lol,but after using my phone all day after it comes off the charger @ 7 am, i still usually sit in the 50-60% range by 5pm when i get home,all tweaks and fixes i use have come from this thread and i thank everybody for all that they do,just thumb thru the pages and the amount of info you will find be quite useful
The problem in searching this thread for info like this is that 95% of the time you don't know which ROM release posters are referring to when they are talking about problems. It would be nice if people would put their current ROM, Version and carrier in their sigs...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharles View Post
Now that I have the 081 rom loaded whenever my TP starts up I get a Mortscript box that says .mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual. I click OK on the box and the TP runs normally. How do I get rid of the box?
You must have a finicky ap installed. I had the exact issue when I had TitaniumWeather installed on the Oct 14 build. I had never had that issue on any of the prior builds. I don't use Titanium enough for it to matter so I deleted TitaniumWeather and I quit getting that annoying box. I never looked into how to make it go away other than just getting rid of the ap causing it. I like titanium weather when I decide to run Titanium but that box is hella annoying. Try eliminating aps to see which one, if any, is playing goulie tricks with your system.

On the battery life front. Sincyas asking repeatedly. I have decent battery after tweaks, I am not using Lumos either. Lumos is a great addition but I LIKE IT BRIGHT! I am not a talker (ppcgeek I am, I am addicted to a phone I rarely use to talk on) but I am a frequent web surfer and text-a-holic and I can get 10-12 hours depending on my use. I actually just purchased the OEM extended battery Root had reviewed for us awhile back. I can take a little extra thickness to get 20+ hours of use. Never tried the aa batt charger thing as I am generally near a plug but I like the idea of one of those but don't want to carry it in to ball games or events where I won't be near a recepticle, so the bigger battery is the route I am going. I have tried about every new ROm out there and I NEVER got much better battery life out of them. ThreeFaces guide and the 1400+ pages of this thread have all the information and goodies needed to make your battery life with this ROM as good as it is with any. Barring of course you run nothing but Titanium, don't talk, dont send many texts, and have your data shut off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

fungusdavej is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
I had the freeze up overnight several times. I noticed that every time it froze I had battery on fast charge (in utilities/tweaks). I've been keeping the 900ma charge mode off and it has not done it. After a couple weeks of no lockups, I tried the fast charge overnight again and sure enough it was locked up solid in the morning. Fast charge may possibly be running the phone in an over-voltage situation which is causing hardware problems.
I checked and I did have the fast charge enabled. I disabled it and will try it out overnight tonight. Thank you for the info!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zachofalltrades is a n00b
reg file association problem

In lieu of reading the 1400+ pages of this thread, I did a quick search and did not find anything related to this --

.reg files can not be clicked to load them into the registry because they are associated with \Windows\TaskMgr.exe

I note that DotFred's task manager is cooked in at \Windows\dotTaskMgr.exe

Changing the association fixes the problem - perhaps this could be fixed in the next ROM release?

Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
ROM: "Standard" EnergyROM based on WM build 23081 (2009-10-25)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: reg file association problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachofalltrades View Post
In lieu of reading the 1400+ pages of this thread, I did a quick search and did not find anything related to this --

.reg files can not be clicked to load them into the registry because they are associated with \Windows\TaskMgr.exe

I note that DotFred's task manager is cooked in at \Windows\dotTaskMgr.exe

Changing the association fixes the problem - perhaps this could be fixed in the next ROM release?

Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
ROM: "Standard" EnergyROM based on WM build 23081 (2009-10-25)
I too ran into this as well, a work around is to go to tools > tweaks > reg edit > file > import the keys you want.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Botched my manilla

So I was messing around with the task manager on 23081 and trying to close some useless apps and I accidentally picked one of the manila components. Every since manila locks up the phone at startup, I was able to disable it at reboot by going thru the windows start menu but each time I renable its locks up the phone. I guess I will have to hard reset unless somebody can point me to the proper "applications" that should be running when manilla is active so I can renable them and make it work.

Unrelated to the issue above I went to bed last night around 1:00 am with a 95% charge and work up this morning about 5.5 hours later and the phone has run out battery and powered itself down. This was before I messed up the manila.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Botched my manilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
So I was messing around with the task manager on 23081 and trying to close some useless apps and I accidentally picked one of the manila components. Every since manila locks up the phone at startup, I was able to disable it at reboot by going thru the windows start menu but each time I renable its locks up the phone. I guess I will have to hard reset unless somebody can point me to the proper "applications" that should be running when manilla is active so I can renable them and make it work.

Unrelated to the issue above I went to bed last night around 1:00 am with a 95% charge and work up this morning about 5.5 hours later and the phone has run out battery and powered itself down. This was before I messed up the manila.
I have seen something like this. I will have the phone in it's case. After a few hours of silence I will pull it out to check for messages or anything and the phone will be hot and very dead. No reset or power button push will help. I will pull the battery then reinsert, push the power button and it will start to come up then warn of a very low battery and shut itself off. It has done this about 3 times since I loaded (09/20) about 3 weeks ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro