PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

I just loaded this up on my Touch Pro! I just have to say AWESOME WORK!! You have made my unusable stock phone into a MASTERPIECE! THANKS NRGZ28!

I have one question guys. I have been seing a few screenshots of a large bottom start bar where the Start button is bottom left and X to close is on bottom right. Where can I find this bar? It would make using windows mobile soooo much easier.

Thanks again
Old 10-18-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I got mine to work like this:

Soft reset
Go to phone > menu > options > services > location setting > OFF
Go to Start > GPS > QuickGPS > Download (it will fail but that's fine)
Go to Phone again and enable the GPS
Go to QuickGPS again and download the update file. It should download and install properly (you should see that it expires in 6 days and 23 hours)

Try using the GPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
Had the same issue. Turns out had bad phone. I got a new one under warranty. After i took it to the store and they had it for 1.5hrs. When i got it back they had killed the data connection! But like i said they covered it under warranty. This 1 makes my 7th since march!
Looks like I'll try the insurance/warranty route this week. I'll flash back to the last "stock" (I believe) release from HTC, lock it, and take it in. It very well could be buggered. It's just odd that it went dead w/ the 10/14 ROM.

I guess I should load up Weather Radar or some other app to prove that GPS doesn't work?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
I just loaded this up on my Touch Pro! I just have to say AWESOME WORK!! You have made my unusable stock phone into a MASTERPIECE! THANKS NRGZ28!

I have one question guys. I have been seing a few screenshots of a large bottom start bar where the Start button is bottom left and X to close is on bottom right. Where can I find this bar? It would make using windows mobile soooo much easier.

Thanks again
NRG has not released a rom build with the large start bar on the bottom yet.
It is a totality new build and has many bugs.
You can not just install the bar alone.
When NRG gets it working to his high standards we may have
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

I am running Energy ROM and one day I left my Phone in the car charging and it completly overheated and didn't charge. Ever since then I am not able to use any car chargers i have tried 3 other chargers that didnt work. My phone now only can be charged by an AC wall charger. Any suggestions. PS I have tried hard reseting but it still doesnt charge.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I got mine to work like this:

Soft reset
Go to phone > menu > options > services > location setting > OFF
Go to Start > GPS > QuickGPS > Download (it will fail but that's fine)
Go to Phone again and enable the GPS
Go to QuickGPS again and download the update file. It should download and install properly (you should see that it expires in 6 days and 23 hours)

Try using the GPS.
I noticed my GPS wasn't working last night (of course when I needed it the most!). I just tried this and it worked for me. I'm probably the only one still using the Sept 5 ROM. Thanks fenixjn
Old 10-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
OK so I reflashed the radio (1.03.09V) as recommended to get the GPS working again. No dice.

I can't even get it to work w/ the stock HTC or any other ROM anymore.
I thought I had the same problem when I upgraded from the 9/20 to the 10/14. GPS wouldn't auto detect in iGuidance or google. I checked the settings and it was set to com 1. I manually configured it to com 4 and got it working. Does this ROM possibly default to com 1 instead of com 4? In any event, mine is working now fine. GPS locks on in just a few seconds inside my house. I'm using 10.14 ROM and the Telus radio on sprint.

Daivd
Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

What's up with updates here lately? Still showing 10/14 latest? Is it just that xna's NRG3.0 thread is updated more frequently now? Just asking because the past few times i have seen responses to look at the xna thread for newest hotfile update and/or 'changelog". This one still a little more active but i'm just wondering. And a few days ago the twitter said "Uploading new vga's rom's with lots of bug fixes" but still haven't seen it available, i know it doesn't take that long, i just didn't want to miss out on any releases in case. I'm patient, i am just double checking.

Last edited by djdafreund; 10-18-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Twitter-nrgz is "relaxing" (Good for you Bro!) The reason I'm mentioning it is beacuse the most recent Twits/Tweets about another VGA update are gone, the one before this AM is now Oct 9th. No clue what that means. Did nrgz erase them or did Twitter lose them??? So once again I'll preach-patience. Our Chef will take care of us when he has something release-worthy.

Edit: @djd.... that wasnt directed at you, was typing my post while you posted
Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II!

stevenxpham is just getting started

anyone know how to get rid of the retractable slidebar in landscape?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Carrier: SPrint

cnenninger is a n00b

Does anyone else get "PTTMod.exe" error when they press the "TXT" button on the keyboard? (And after that, the keyboard will NOT work until you do a soft reset?!?!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro