PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

trip is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthieman View Post
If it is an autocomplete using the hardware keyboard you can press FN and then spacebar and make sure the setting is on ABC. This should disable the word suggestion for you.
I installed the juicy ezinput cabbed which fixed my issues and is a larger keyboard... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro

japan704 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to japan704
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

This might help some of you guys out with your ringers....I went into the touchpro tweak app and disabled "Mute call" (1.4) and then i went to HTC Volume Control and set my phone to Single Control for System & Ring....My ringer has been working for the passed 30 minutes!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
This is probably either something really simple I'm overlooking or a bug.

On a fresh install the EZInput keyboard will have an overlay popup that shows you which button you are pressing and if you hold the button a list of alternate values are presented (for example the # buttons)

Every once in a while I'll notice that the overlay popup stops showing up. I can still press and hold the button to get the #s/alternate values, but there is no overlay popup feedback. Not on the initial press and not on the button hold.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it some setting I'm inadvertently enabling? Is it a bug? What triggers it?

I'm using the Juicy47 keyboard to fix the hardware keyboard symbol problem. If I reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard the popup overlays come back.
The problem still happens and I can't figure out what causes it, but I realized that rebooting would fix the problem. No need to reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard.

I think just the display overlay is not showing up but the actual functionality is still there because I can swipe in the area I think the popup should be and select symbols even though the popup isn't visible.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just about 100% sure the volume is the problem but it is caused by the dialer on these new builds.
Something in the dialer is changing the volume settings from what I can tell.
Switch to WM dialer and BOOM your ringer should be back.
This is why I never had a ringer fail issue until today.
I had been using WM dialer.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Just about 100% sure the volume is the problem but it is caused by the dialer on these new builds.
Something in the dialer is changing the volume settings from what I can tell.
Switch to WM dialer and BOOM your ringer should be back.
This is why I never had a ringer fail issue until today.
I had been using WM dialer.

and where might this dialer be? =]
Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

regarding the Sense sms threading:

im in a conversation - i reply to a message - the message sends - doesnt show up in the conversation - then other person replies - then my text message that i sent will pop up..

seems like a reload lag. still searchin that regedit to have faster loading .. works fine for awhile then it will start this after a soft reset.

Regards to ringer issues

still none here after using the badboys full volume fix cab
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

ok i dont know much bout the ringers except im having no issues as i've read in the past 5-10 pgs, and the last few pages were leaning towards the volume,ok i know everybody is gonna have different issues than others but i used the stock audio cab as i always have before and my ringer volume does not change nor the ringer,granted im using stock ringtones so i cant comment on ringtones,has or does anybody else use the cab,or had the same results?? the only real issue i had other than mms was no keyboard but easily fixed. just hope u bigwigs figure out the ringers issue's,seems to be driving ppl bonkers lol

Old 11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman View Post
regarding the Sense sms threading:

im in a conversation - i reply to a message - the message sends - doesnt show up in the conversation - then other person replies - then my text message that i sent will pop up..

seems like a reload lag. still searchin that regedit to have faster loading .. works fine for awhile then it will start this after a soft reset.

Regards to ringer issues

still none here after using the badboys full volume fix cab
ok i see one other person having no issues with the ringer after using the cab
Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
and where might this dialer be? =]
Open TouchPro Tweaks in the tools/tweaks folder.
First options are Call settings.
Go down to Phone Pad Style and change in from HTC to Windows Mobile Standard and hit ok.
Exit out and call your self.
May need a soft reset.

Ringer issue will be fixed.

You WILL NOT be able to use the people tab to make calls though.
The People Tab is linked to Tachi dialer.
I recommend using another contact manager.
I use Panoramic Contact Genius.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-11-2009 at 06:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
ok i dont know much bout the ringers except im having no issues as i've read in the past 5-10 pgs, and the last few pages were leaning towards the volume,ok i know everybody is gonna have different issues than others but i used the stock audio cab as i always have before and my ringer volume does not change nor the ringer,granted im using stock ringtones so i cant comment on ringtones,has or does anybody else use the cab,or had the same results?? the only real issue i had other than mms was no keyboard but easily fixed. just hope u bigwigs figure out the ringers issue's,seems to be driving ppl bonkers lol
Have a link to the cab? id rather use that then changing the dialer if it works

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro