PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
go here, and at the very top you'll see zenyee disable htc msg cab
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545
that's what you'll need to disable the HTC interface for sms, but beware that if you click on the msg under msg tab, you'll still get into the htc msg interface. YOu need to click all messages on the left softkey to enter WM. The email setups is easy, disable sense, then run your window live. Once setup, then you can turn it back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
Hi all,
I just flashed EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5.ra r and so far it's running great. The only thing I don't like is the messaging interface.

The "Default WM Messaging" cab from page 1 of this thread doesn't seem to work on this built. I've run it and soft reset but still have this messenger screen that came with the ROM.

How do I go back to the original WM messaging interface?
read above.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
If the GSM features are there, then the file likely didn't "take". What is the size of your PhoneSetting.dll file in \windows?

If it is around 150k then the correct one is being used. If it around 397k then the wrong one is being used.

This PhoneSetting.dll is from the stock 2.01.

I can't say why it doesn't work for you, but it does work fine for me. My ringtones are ok, but I can't say for sure if the Sprint PhoneSetting.dll expects something different than the cooked PhoneSetting.dll as I set my ring tones using registry import.
Yeah it's 397k - so it didn't take...
Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
If the GSM features are there, then the file likely didn't "take". What is the size of your PhoneSetting.dll file in \windows?

If it is around 150k then the correct one is being used. If it around 397k then the wrong one is being used.

This PhoneSetting.dll is from the stock 2.01.

I can't say why it doesn't work for you, but it does work fine for me. My ringtones are ok, but I can't say for sure if the Sprint PhoneSetting.dll expects something different than the cooked PhoneSetting.dll as I set my ring tones using registry import.
I got them to install.

A manual install of the zipped files and importing the reg entry there with a soft reset gave me five sweet tabs. [screen shot]

Roaming is the second option. Highlight and select "get settings" to view "Sprint Only", "Automatic" [default], or "Roaming Only".

EXCELLENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
in ref to three faces question i put it up there because he said he wanted to stream his cam. to pc,i know where the camera is on my tp,thought maybe it would let him point and shoot like it says,the app came out way before the tp2 as i know we have no cam. on the front of the phone
Yea, I was just playing around. When I first got the TP, I saw options for video calling and was convinced the light sensor was a disabled camera. I nearly bricked my device trying to figure out how to get it to activate. ...then, you know, I did some research.

EDIT: posted screenys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen11.jpg (69.7 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen12.jpg (56.3 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-13-2009 at 04:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Yeah it's 397k - so it didn't take...
By corollary then, something else coincidentaly corrupted your ringtones since the Sprint PhoneSetting.dll was never loaded.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
By corollary then, something else conincidentaly corrupted your ringtones since the Sprint PhoneSetting.dll was never loaded.
When you open up "Phone" you might get an error that your ringers are corrupt - it has nothing to do with these settings. That's exactly one of the "ringer issues" we've all been hammering our heads trying to work out...and the reason for disabling the dialer.

With the advanced settings, and the fancy dialer, I'm still ringing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
ok try this one it says it's for streaming live video,i downloaded and looks like it may work???? at work so cant try it out yet
Thank you! I have to play with it and see everything it will do, but it looks like a pretty cool piece of software! I appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

For those who are having problem with random freezing with S2U2, and don't feel like using pocket shield. this is a great cab that utilizes the window lock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=lockdevice.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I got them to install - you still need to go into the registry and manually disable the GSM page and enable the CDMA stuff...I couldn't get Root's cab to work.

So, if you follow the reg edits that AHUSKINS provided you can view CDMA info in PHONE-MENU-OPTIONS.

A manual install of the zipped files and importing the reg entry there with a soft reset gave me five sweet tabs. [screen shot]

Roaming is the second option. Highlight and select "get settings" to view "Sprint Only", "Automatic" [default], or "Roaming Only".

EXCELLENT!

T: posted screenys
What did you do to have those settings? I did the same but I dont' have all those...... hahahaha, it must be the cab that root made. He's just trying to sabotage my phone I think.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
ok try this one it says it's for streaming live video,i downloaded and looks like it may work???? at work so cant try it out yet
ive actually just read something about this program recently, possibly on another forum..anyhow, the fella was saying he was using that with his touchpro and it worked boss..i havent used it, but apparently it does work
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Thank you! I have to play with it and see everything it will do, but it looks like a pretty cool piece of software! I appreciate it.
no problem i hope it works,let us know if it does u got me wondering if its possible lol

EDIT: in ref to the wrangler, sweet im gonna give it a shot when i get out of work today,i suppose it would be kinda cool

Last edited by Straitup27; 11-13-2009 at 04:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro