PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
Thanks three, ill look for another QuickGPS cab. Im on 23504 nov 10, and havent had ANY gps reception, in google maps, or Waze. No lock whatsover, (outside/inside/in my car/ on a big o hill, notta)
Yea, you can def do a manual install to see if it will help. I've had strange GPS behavior in the past - sometimes it's a bad flash, sometimes the radio goes to the dumper.

I'd look for a cab to manually install QGPS. If that doesn't work, it sounds like you already tried switching your radio [even if you have the latest and greatest, sometimes swicthing up can make a huge difference]. The last troubleshoot would be to flash back to a stock ROM and check your GPS connectivity there. If you're all good, flash back to the custom ROM...if your GPS dies again, well...well, then we'll keep thinking of other options.

Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post

...random question, but how would you video chat without a camera on the same side of the device as your screen?

LOL, good question. My main goal is to use my TP as a webcam. None of the software I find lets the video transfer to my desktop. Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
This didn't work, and I am on Sprint. No errors on the file copy - I was able to overwrite. I then did a soft reset but the GSM Phone features are still there...
If the GSM features are there, then the file likely didn't "take". What is the size of your PhoneSetting.dll file in \windows?

If it is around 150k then the correct one is being used. If it around 397k then the wrong (older) one is being used.

This PhoneSetting.dll is from the stock 2.01.

I can't say why it doesn't work for you, but it does work fine for me. My ringtones are ok, but I can't say for sure if the Sprint PhoneSetting.dll expects something different than the cooked PhoneSetting.dll as I set my ring tones using registry import.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
LOL, good question. My main goal is to use my TP as a webcam. None of the software I find lets the video transfer to my desktop. Any ideas?
ok try this one it says it's for streaming live video,i downloaded and looks like it may work???? at work so cant try it out yet
Attached Files
File Type: cab Qik_ppc_0.1.10.cab (500.4 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

Hi all,
I just flashed EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5.ra r and so far it's running great. The only thing I don't like is the messaging interface.

The "Default WM Messaging" cab from page 1 of this thread doesn't seem to work on this built. I've run it and soft reset but still have this messenger screen that came with the ROM.

How do I go back to the original WM messaging interface?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I thought there was a corruption with QuickGPS recently? It was a couple of weeks ago, but anyone who downloaded the latest update started experiencing GPS issues.

I *think*...I'd need ot google search, that you can find a cab version of a recent QuickGPS update and do a manual install. That'd be a start.

What program are you using to gauge your GPS connectivity? Out of curiosity. Mylocation uses tower data, so that's not always a great indicator of GPS reception. Usually I'll check in Google Maps - make sure GPS is enabled. Also, not that it really matters, but what build are you running?
There was some problem with the data downloaded by QuickGPS interacting with some radio versions. (ie \windows\xtra.bin and some radio versions had problems) It started around 10/28/09 The most recent 1.12.34F radio from Sprint seems to work with old and new xtra.bin data.

Some people say the problem is fixed and the new data downloaded from the QuickGPS servers no longer has problems even with older radios that used to exhibit the can't get a GPS lock problem.

Here's the summary:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1290785

The rest of the thread has the various tales of woe and success.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quick question - Under application data can someone post the location and correct name of the folder that contains the AudioManager_Eng.vol file.
TIA
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

in ref to three faces question i put it up there because he said he wanted to stream his cam. to pc,i know where the camera is on my tp,thought maybe it would let him point and shoot like it says,the app came out way before the tp2 as i know we have no cam. on the front of the phone
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

blaineball is a n00b

I am getting some wierd data corruption or something.

I am running 11-10 21864 2.5.

Yesterday I soft reset, and got a ton of errors related to files in the windows\startup folder. I look in there and there are about 69 files, reporting 200-300MB in size each, with names like "!/0" and "]/-". So i hard reset and rebuild, no biggie.

Well right now, my phone was dog slow... i could almost see the refresh rate.

Low and behold my windows directory is full of those files. Another thing, they are protected and cannot be deleted.

Am I going crazy or WTF?

BTW, the ROM is incredible... I was actually contemplating getting a Hero or Moment, but now I am back in love with the old TP!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
Thanks three, ill look for another QuickGPS cab. Im on 23504 nov 10, and havent had ANY gps reception, in google maps, or Waze. No lock whatsover, (outside/inside/in my car/ on a big o hill, notta)
The problem that ThreeFaces was talking about wasn't with the QuickGPS application. It was with the *data* being downloaded by QuickGPS interacting with certain radio versions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1290785

People report the problem is fixed on the GPSOne servers, but it is worth a shot if you are still having problems as we might not all be using the same GPSOne servers to get xtra.bin packed ephemeris.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro