PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

ssgt_t42 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Well it seems that yesterdays sms patch was only temporary because my text are not going through again. They are all in my outbox. I did a soft reset re-installed the patch but it still did not work. This is starting to become annoying. I thought everything was all good so I set up my phone completely but now I am contimplating flashing to a different buld to see if it works.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO
Carrier: US Cellular/Sprint

ChadMichels is becoming a great contributor
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

i may not be an active poster on the forums, but ive read every page of this thread, and usually fix issues on my own. Im in IT so i know my way around a bit lol. but none of the usual tricks have worked so far. Am i the only one who cannot get a gps lock?

Sprint
HTC EVO
Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
negatory. i have us cellular, and thats one of the newer radios,, and i did a tower reset and roaming update, i tried the newest cellular south radio, and an older sprint radio ive had luck w/ in the past.

GPS has not worked since trying this new build. any other ideas
to trouble shoot, you need to isolate the problem by eliminating them one by one. Try flashing back to stock, and see if GPS works with nothing installed. If it does then great, we know it's a software issue most likely. If it doesn't then try different radio until it works. Once you can identify which radio works the best, then flash bback to the new rom with the same radio. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

motocrossyz85 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Wow, you really make the community want to help you...is this how you talk to everyone? This ROM has only been out for a few days...what's with the 6 months?

Excellent suggestion, I'd follow it.
I thought I got the non beta version.. If I got the beta version then no wonder why I am having problems... I must have downloaded the wrong ROM! I just wanted to get the ROM with the least problems and thats why I was so angry because I just wanted to have a working ROM and every time I get the new version that comes out (Before this new 2.5 setup) all the problems were still there!

By the way I am actuley starting to like the new style... My one big question is how do you go back to the older style text messaging and email? I cant seem to add any of my email accounts and the text messaging design is horrible... for some reason it takes me 1 full min just to send a text message... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Old 11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
I thought I got the non beta version.. If I got the beta version then no wonder why I am having problems... I must have downloaded the wrong ROM! I just wanted to get the ROM with the least problems and thats why I was so angry because I just wanted to have a working ROM and every time I get the new version that comes out (Before this new 2.5 setup) all the problems were still there!

By the way I am actuley starting to like the new style... My one big question is how do you go back to the older style text messaging and email? I cant seem to add any of my email accounts and the text messaging design is horrible... for some reason it takes me 1 full min just to send a text message... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
go here, and at the very top you'll see zenyee disable htc msg cab
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545
that's what you'll need to disable the HTC interface for sms, but beware that if you click on the msg under msg tab, you'll still get into the htc msg interface. YOu need to click all messages on the left softkey to enter WM. The email setups is easy, disable sense, then run your window live. Once setup, then you can turn it back on.
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
I didn't think it would change the calendar since it is a clock mod but worth a shot.

Yea, I am using the Max mod and I have not slid the calendar off the home screen. It shows one appointment which is an all day appointment that occurs everyday for the next week. I should still show my other appointment (KU Basketball game!!!!!) for today and perhaps my appointment tomorrow as well, correct?
...the mod and 2.5 only allow for one appointment at a time. The newer Max Mod allows for more, but we can't really use those new jams yet.

I'm a calendar guy and wish I could use up the rest of that free landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
I understand the confusion now. Hopefully this saves you some time, though who knows what gems you might uncover in your experiments

The reason you see all the GSM stuff is the wrong version of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the most recent ROMs.

Unzip and copy the following PhoneSetting files to your phone's \Windows directory (then reboot) and you will see all the proper options, including the Roaming options

It was tested on Sprint, but probably would work the same for other CDMA carriers.

If it complains about not being able to overwrite files, reboot the phone, then the first thing before doing anything else, copy the files.

There is also an optional, but suggested, registry file you can import to make the Roaming options easier to decipher (for Sprint). The strings can be edited to whatever for other carriers or whatever you'd like to call the options.
Thank you - testing...soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Here is a cab for it including all reg keys and library files.
Easy install and un-install
Thank YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
This didn't work, and I am on Sprint. No errors on the file copy - I was able to overwrite. I then did a soft reset but the GSM Phone features are still there... In fact it looks as though installing this has corrupted all my ring tones...as I had them working fine before this install. I'd say remove this cab from the thread so it doesn't muck up anyone else's build.
...never install something unless you're sure of what it will do, or are prepared for hard resetting. ...these cabs are not toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
remembered see this give it a shot and let us know if it work!!

VZOmobile is a mobile video chat. It is a free program for video conferencing that works on mobile communicators. It can make video calls form your mobile device to other devices or personal computers.

VZOMobile is The First Videophone program for Windows Mobile. Mobile video call tool is easy to use and completely free.

Allows you to make video calls to other communicators and to ordinary PC`s using the Internet connection. Register on VZOchat web site and use video chat in your own way. Your friends will be able to call you from VZOchat.com even if they are not registered on VZOchat. Also you can place web widget for video calls on your own web page.

Mobile video chat was developed by the same team as VZOchat service. If you would like to use VZOmobile, you should Register on VZOchat service to get a VZOchatID.
...random question, but how would you video chat without a camera on the same side of the device as your screen?

Quote:
ok guys, still need some help. i flash danced, and reinstalled 23504 nov 10th. SMS is kinda working again, but i STILL cannot get QuickGPS to download data, and i cannot get a gps lock without it. I am on the internet, (posting from my phone) and the bar goes up to 100%, at which point it says connection failed, try again later. i have location service turned on(as far as i can tell) its in system settings now instead of phone settings. my location IS working, and i have weather... WHAT IS UP?
I thought there was a corruption with QuickGPS recently? It was a couple of weeks ago, but anyone who downloaded the latest update started experiencing GPS issues.

I *think*...I'd need ot google search, that you can find a cab version of a recent QuickGPS update and do a manual install. That'd be a start.

What program are you using to gauge your GPS connectivity? Out of curiosity. Mylocation uses tower data, so that's not always a great indicator of GPS reception. Usually I'll check in Google Maps - make sure GPS is enabled. Also, not that it really matters, but what build are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt_t42 View Post
Well it seems that yesterdays sms patch was only temporary because my text are not going through again. They are all in my outbox. I did a soft reset re-installed the patch but it still did not work. This is starting to become annoying. I thought everything was all good so I set up my phone completely but now I am contimplating flashing to a different buld to see if it works.
...if you want the solid set up, go with a 2.1 ROM. Seriously, they're FAR more stable than the 2.5 Builds. You *can* get the 2.5 ROMs working well, but there are some iffy areas that make them less than suitable for anything more than showing your friend the cool animation on the homescreen.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-13-2009 at 03:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
to trouble shoot, you need to isolate the problem by eliminating them one by one. Try flashing back to stock, and see if GPS works with nothing installed. If it does then great, we know it's a software issue most likely. If it doesn't then try different radio until it works. Once you can identify which radio works the best, then flash bback to the new rom with the same radio. Hope this helps.
GPS has worked flawlessly with every radio ive tried. It has only failed since flashing from my custom ROM back to energy to see the new 2.5 in action. I have always loved these roms, and id like to keep it. are there some other GPS tricks i havent tried?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
GPS has worked flawlessly with every radio ive tried. It has only failed since flashing from my custom ROM back to energy to see the new 2.5 in action. I have always loved these roms, and id like to keep it. are there some other GPS tricks i havent tried?
I haven't seen any that couldn't be fixed with a combination of flash dances and radios. I am sure there are some other things you can try but you'll have to wait till the top dogs reply you My knowledge is limited u know..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post

My guess is that you'll be more comfortable/happier with a 2.1 build. ...and if you're looking for a how-to on getting either build set up, check the Threads in my sig. There are steps and cabs and everything you need to trick out the ROM.

...but you should definitely know before customizing and racking your head that the 2.5 ROMs are quirky. Sense conflicts with Windows Live, so ssetting up email is a P in the A...the new HTC Text App is cool, but not 100%...ringer issues, etc. A lot of us are having fun playing with them, but I still don't consider them as stable and reliable as the 2.1 ROMs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
N00b

Thanks three, ill look for another QuickGPS cab. Im on 23504 nov 10, and havent had ANY gps reception, in google maps, or Waze. No lock whatsover, (outside/inside/in my car/ on a big o hill, notta)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro