PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
What did you do to have those settings? I did the same but I dont' have all those...... hahahaha, it must be the cab that root made. He's just trying to sabotage my phone I think.
I always do my reg edits manually. I'm pretty sure it went like this - someone will have to confirm my steps for accuracy. Thanks.

ENABLE ROAMING AND OTHER PHONE SETTINGS
Download this ZIP FILE [thanks SFHUB]
Extract the “PhoneSettings” files to the Windows directory, then reboot. If you get an error that you cannot overwrite those files, reboot your device and try copying them over as soon as it boots back up…it should take.

There is also a folder in the zip file with a reg edit that you can import – go into START-TOOLS-TWEAKS-Registry Editor and select the first icon at the bottom of the screen to get to the “Import” option. This reg edit will make the Roaming Option a bit easier to distinguish [“Sprint Only”, “Automatic” default, and “Roam Only”].

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-13-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: changed step-by-step
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I got them to install - you still need to go into the registry and manually disable the GSM page and enable the CDMA stuff...I couldn't get Root's cab to work.

So, if you follow the reg edits that AHUSKINS provided you can view CDMA info in PHONE-MENU-OPTIONS.
I think possibly the reason you need to disable the GSM page might be because something in your registry changed after the cooked (wrong) PhoneSetting.dll loaded and wrote it's default entries, perhaps during some experimentation. Either that or during various reboots, the old PhoneSetting.dll might still have been loaded even though it seemed like the new one would have been used.

I loaded a fresh 11.09 21864 2.1 and just copied the files and the correct "Settings" page came up upon reboot.

I tried setting

ShowCDMAServicePage=0
ShowGSMServicePage=0

ShowCDMAServicePage=0
ShowGSMServicePage=1

and deleting the registry entries

ShowCDMAServicePage
ShowGSMServicePage

and in all cases the proper Services page came up.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
For anyone that wants to update to the QuickMenu to 2.8.

This is the one I use and the one in my screen shots.
thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...random question, but how would you video chat without a camera on the same side of the device as your screen?
Didn't momma tell you to always carry a mirror around so you can video chat on phones that weren't designed to?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:11 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
I think possibly the reason you need to disable the GSM page might be because something in your registry changed after the cooked (wrong) PhoneSetting.dll loaded and wrote it's default entries, perhaps during some experimentation.

I loaded a fresh 11.09 21864 2.1 and just copied the files and the correct "Settings" page came up upon reboot.

I tried setting

ShowCDMAServicePage=0
ShowGSMServicePage=0

ShowCDMAServicePage=0
ShowGSMServicePage=1

and deleting the registry entries

ShowCDMAServicePage
ShowGSMServicePage

and in all cases the proper Services page came up.
Yea, I playing around so I wasn't 100% sure whether it was necessary to enable the CDMA options before installing the files you provided or not. I'll pull the first portion out of the step-by-step.

Thanks again for the clarification...a handful of users were looking for this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
no problem i hope it works,let us know if it does u got me wondering if its possible lol

EDIT: in ref to the wrangler, sweet im gonna give it a shot when i get out of work today,i suppose it would be kinda cool
yeah it works great... you can stream live, record vid, take pics, and upload them all to your qik profile. this was a great find... integrate with twitter, facebook... too cool!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Didn't momma tell you to always carry a mirror around so you can video chat on phones that weren't designed to?
lol. i have a big huge 3 way mirror
Old 11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
yeah it works great... you can stream live, record vid, take pics, and upload them all to your qik profile. this was a great find... integrate with twitter, facebook... too cool!
great im gonna def. try it out now

Old 11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
The screen you're looking at is changed via the reg change that root had a cab for or three face's instruction. If you install the CDMA phone setting cab that root just made, it will not change that tab, but it will add another tab called "Advanced" right next to it. It gives you back some of the features that had been missing, but I believe force roaming is still not included. I could be wrong so someone correct me if you have more info on that.
Actually that screen capture is an artifact of PhoneSetting.dll not "taking" and the old one still being used.

I included 2 dll's in the zip package. PhoneSetting.dll and PhoneSettingExt.dll.

PhoneSetting.dll gives you all the expected CDMA options under "Settings"

PhoneSettingExt.dll gives you the "Advanced" tab.

The wrong version (around 397kb) of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the recent ROMs. Since it is a cooked file and also it might be loaded already into memory, sometimes copying over it doesn't take. The proper version for CDMA is around 150kb.

PhoneSettingExt.dll doesn't exist in the cooked ROM so copying it over will always "take"

The screen capture indicates just that, PhoneSetting.dll is the old version and PhoneSettingExt.dll is the newly created version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Actually that screen capture is an artifact of PhoneSetting.dll not "taking" and the old one still being used.

I included 2 dll's in the zip package. PhoneSetting.dll and PhoneSettingExt.dll.

PhoneSetting.dll gives you all the expected CDMA options under "Settings"

PhoneSettingExt.dll gives you the "Advanced" tab.

The wrong version (around 397kb) of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the recent ROMs. Since it is a cooked file and also it might be loaded already into memory, sometimes copying over it doesn't take. The proper version for CDMA is around 150kb.

PhoneSettingExt.dll doesn't exist in the cooked ROM so copying it over will always "take"

The screen capture indicates just that, PhoneSetting.dll is the old version and PhoneSettingExt.dll is the newly created version.
Yeah, I figure it out now. I had to do them manually. Thanx though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro