View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
The screen you're looking at is changed via the reg change that root had a cab for or three face's instruction. If you install the CDMA phone setting cab that root just made, it will not change that tab, but it will add another tab called "Advanced" right next to it. It gives you back some of the features that had been missing, but I believe force roaming is still not included. I could be wrong so someone correct me if you have more info on that.
Actually that screen capture is an artifact of PhoneSetting.dll not "taking" and the old one still being used.

I included 2 dll's in the zip package. PhoneSetting.dll and PhoneSettingExt.dll.

PhoneSetting.dll gives you all the expected CDMA options under "Settings"

PhoneSettingExt.dll gives you the "Advanced" tab.

The wrong version (around 397kb) of PhoneSetting.dll is cooked into the recent ROMs. Since it is a cooked file and also it might be loaded already into memory, sometimes copying over it doesn't take. The proper version for CDMA is around 150kb.

PhoneSettingExt.dll doesn't exist in the cooked ROM so copying it over will always "take"

The screen capture indicates just that, PhoneSetting.dll is the old version and PhoneSettingExt.dll is the newly created version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.