View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I thought there was a corruption with QuickGPS recently? It was a couple of weeks ago, but anyone who downloaded the latest update started experiencing GPS issues.

I *think*...I'd need ot google search, that you can find a cab version of a recent QuickGPS update and do a manual install. That'd be a start.

What program are you using to gauge your GPS connectivity? Out of curiosity. Mylocation uses tower data, so that's not always a great indicator of GPS reception. Usually I'll check in Google Maps - make sure GPS is enabled. Also, not that it really matters, but what build are you running?
There was some problem with the data downloaded by QuickGPS interacting with some radio versions. (ie \windows\xtra.bin and some radio versions had problems) It started around 10/28/09 The most recent 1.12.34F radio from Sprint seems to work with old and new xtra.bin data.

Some people say the problem is fixed and the new data downloaded from the QuickGPS servers no longer has problems even with older radios that used to exhibit the can't get a GPS lock problem.

Here's the summary:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1290785

The rest of the thread has the various tales of woe and success.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 03:31 PM.