PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
OK, anyone having trouble with Alltel MMS see this post-->

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1237
Thank you! I can confirm this is the solution to the Alltel MMS issues. You have to use the carrier cab from Oct 31, 2008 and not the July 4, 2009 to get this to work. Here are the lines from my UC incase anyone is interested:
CAB: \storage card\cabs\UC\Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab
CAB: \storage card\cabs\UC\dcd Alltel Carrier 20081031.cab
CAB: \storage card\cabs\UC\Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab
CAB: \storage card\cabs\UC\sms160.cab
CAB: \storage card\cabs\UC\custom taskbar & battery icons.cab

The custom taskbar just fixes the battery issue cause by the carrier cab from July 4th. Don't know if it's needed for the October 31st version, but I still like the icons so I'm keeping it. You could also provision the change from AlltelphcanOverbmp.dll to phcanOverbmp.dll which will fix the battery too.

I haven't tried jsminnis solution to see if it works or not. I'm done flashing for the weekend unless NRG releases something new.

NRG is the best thing that has happened to this phone! Keep up the good work NRG.

Last edited by mthieman; 08-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

danielfenesan is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I was hoping I can get someones help on this.

I wanted to change my right softkey within manila but didn't realize i changed the path for the left softkey which was originally the action screen. And I've tried looking through the whole phone to find the target to set the left softkey back to the action screen but couldn't find it for the life of me.

I guess I should've backed up my registry before messing with it. Can anyone let me know what the original reg key is for the left soft key within manila please? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone else have been having trouble answering the calls when they come in. I can see the call coming in but when I press talk it doesn't do anything. Have to press it a few times and sometimes will get the call and sometimes it won't .
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfenesan View Post

I wanted to change my right softkey within manila but didn't realize i changed the path for the left softkey which was originally the action screen. And I've tried looking through the whole phone to find the target to set the left softkey back to the action screen but couldn't find it for the life of me.

I guess I should've backed up my registry before messing with it. Can anyone let me know what the original reg key is for the left soft key within manila please? Your help is greatly appreciated!

What you want is this under HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila:

Quote:
HomeLSKPath = \Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe
HomeLSKText = Action
Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Well, my mail worked great for a day, but this morning I was back to not being able to open my mail until I did a soft reset. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Have you installed cleanRAM?
If not install that and when you have an issue needing soft reset just run that and see if it helps.

You say the email works again after a soft reset though?
That is odd and I can't think of what might cause that off the top of my head.

Can you explain exactly what it does?
Will it let you open the email header view or won't open the email at all?
Does it just not let you open the email by clicking on the header/preview?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:40 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis View Post
I have used Alltel MMS on all of NRG roms, and it is way easier than what u just said.

Here's what u do

Download and intstall the cab below
Go to Messaging, Menu, Pic Video Options, Servers Tab, Alltel MMSC:::: *Change the .com's to .net
Presto!!
*for some people the .com will work, I have to enter the .net for it to work.

Hope I helped someone, I am running the NRG'S newest rom and loving it.
I tried that on this release and it dosent work.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker

danielfenesan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
What you want is this under HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila:

Thanks for the path. I don't know why i couldn't find that.

Also, had another question. Is the action screen customizable at all?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfenesan View Post

Programs\SoftKey Manager
Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker

danielfenesan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Programs\SoftKey Manager
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that doesn't change the softkeys within TF3d. Thats only if you use Titanium. I think I tried that a while back and it didn't change my home softkeys in TF3D. I always do it through the registry.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker

callmesaul8889 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
My mistake. I use this feature frequently with no problems. I was at Best Buy recently buying a new computer. The rep wanted to show me the reviews for the laptop but their internet connections weren't working. I was able to get online using Energyrom and a Mac laptop. If you know the registry key I would be happy to look at mine and relay the info.
yeah i love the feature! just last week i used it with my other rom to broadcast to an ipod touch to watch youtube(bigger screen) while a friend and i were stuck in traffic! it's very convenient..

i've found a few registry keys that might be relevant to my probelm:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Extension=OEMAGW.dll (I beleive that's different than a stock ROM)
HKLM\ControlPanel\WiFi Internet Sharing\Group=2

If these aren't it, then I'm going to need some more experienced help going through my registy.. I know what I'm doing but I haven't played around with it enough to be sure. I've never messed with any connection settings before now either, so this really is my worst problems on this phone haha, everything else i usually figure out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro