PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
Hey I have an idea! How about ngr befriend someone on here with a TP and they talk via aim/yahoo/msn/gtalk/facebook/myspace/adultfriendfinder/whoever gives a ****, hey maybe they can even text each other (if it works) and he sends that person the newest rom so they can run thru some tests for him, and they tell him whats wrong so he can fix it real quick before he releases it to the public

Ok maybe now I'm just being a smart *** but I think its a nice idea.

I'm totally joking with the sarcasm here.

For a while there (I don't know if he still does) he had a select few testers he was using. Also if he waited till every bug was squashed people would not be able to play with these builds. You would be sitting for a month doing nothing. If you don't want to play around I sugest you load a different ROM. EnegyROMs have always been this way. Their for people who like to play.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

crackheads....new rom is up.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Ok 11/9 21864 m2.5 is swell. Just as great as the 11/5 with a few changes, not drastic though. Did NRG pull the 23504M2.5, or did it not get posted? From what I could tell from READING THE THREAD wee early this am he just didn't post one.....Twitter says he forgot a few last night so maybe the herm 23504m2.5 was one.

Anyways 11/9 21864m2.5Ringers are working so far.....(fingers crossed, banging head on wooden desk)! Everything else looks good as mentioned by other users. Calendar tab is lined up. I prefer the 11/5 clock over the new clock for the homescreen, but the newest is what I got to have, not that big of a deal! Sense SMS is workin quicker it seems, but haven't tried MMS yet. My Location...still a no go here, BUT it never works for me on any ROM unless I roam, and I haven't left the house yet today so I can't comment about how quick it is.

Only issue so far is adding my custom cities...used JVH_PPC_Manilaxxx weather city editor (updated for manil2.5) and I am getting the wrong weather and the darn ids crap on every day of the forcast. Haven't tried any other editor or my custom manila file from 2.1, since the JVH updated version worked on the 11/5 build of 2.5 just fine. Gonna dig deeper, but if anyone has any ideas....holla at 'shaboi!

THANKS NRG!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

23504 2.5 ROM is up! Check first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
I too have loaded 11/5 23081 2.5 ROM and i will only replace by 23504 2.5...please NRG, Please give us a 23504 2.5 ROM!!!! even with some bugs...i can live with it!!!!

Thanks for your hard work!!!

JP
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalolsx View Post
I am running the file in:
EnergyROM_21864_HERMAN_03.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5.ra r

I cannot send a text message. I recieved one, clicked on it in TF and I have no send button. I have a wierd paper clip icon that does nothing.

This is my first time using energyrom, coming from mightyrom and I only seem to be having issues now.

anyone?
...there's a newer version of the 2.5 ROM that might work better for you. The Nov 3rd release did have that no send button issue. Hard reset all day long and it won't come back. You're best to upgrade to a newer version of 2.5. ...and yes, it's still in the early stages and I don't know, as a business user, that I'd flash a 2.5 ROM without knowing the kinds of issues you might run into.

I'm working to update the 2.5 Gudie for the newest release...as soon as it downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalolsx View Post
Thanks, should I just flash down to a 2.1 build? I would prefer my phone be as stable as possible, but I don't want to limit myself either. Is TF2.5 even worth the hassle right now? it looks cool but seems a tad bit slower than mightyrom was.

also, do you know if internet sharing is enabled for sprint in this rom?

thanks for the info!
Internet Sharing works. ...and I might suggest going with a 2.1 ROM over a 2.5 if you're looking for stability and 100% functionality. I've been running 2.5 all weekend and the only "real" issues for me were the ringer corruption that finally caught up with me [incoming calls would not ring the device even though it lights up]...and the MMS headaches. I was able to get MMS working, but not the way I'd prefer to have it setup.

I assume the new 2.5 ROM will be a bit snappier and a bit more stable...but I need to test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
For a while there (I don't know if he still does) he had a select few testers he was using. Also if he waited till every bug was squashed people would not be able to play with these builds. You would be sitting for a month doing nothing. If you don't want to play around I sugest you load a different ROM. EnegyROMs have always been this way. Their for people who like to play.
He does. I've beta tested releases for him in the past and provided basic feedback on the basic functionality areas. I mean, there are going to be bugs and the need to install fixes and work arounds on our own.
...we're an entire community of Beta testers.

Typically when a new ROM is released, there are some bugs that get worked out within a day or two...and a second ROM is uploaded. So, to really avoid issues, don't flahs the latest ROM until you've followe dthe thread to see what issues users are experiencing...then make an informed decision to flash or not.

...honestly, that's why I love the ROM. I like fixing s**t and figuring stuff out.

And...chicks dig geeks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The new build 2.5 still has the issue with sending txt from landscape. While in landscape the send txt button disappears. that's kind of a deal breaker for me. I will keep watching its getting closer.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: US Cellular

dave0812 is just getting started

23504 with 2..5 is up on the hotfile. downloading now.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
The new build 2.5 still has the issue with sending txt from landscape. While in landscape the send txt button disappears. that's kind of a deal breaker for me. I will keep watching its getting closer.
There is no landscape support in 2.5...none, zero, nothing. ...so yea, unexpected results when sliding out ye old keyboard.

You should be able to type your text, then switch to portrait to get to your send button.

Score
Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
There is no landscape support in 2.5...none, zero, nothing. ...so yea, unexpected results when sliding out ye old keyboard.

You should be able to type your text, then switch to portrait to get to your send button.

Score
Thanks and I fully comprehend that. I was merely stating that it hasn't been fixed for anyone who cared about it. I personally don't like switching back and forth when having a txt conversation with someone. Although I would like to wear out my keyboard so I can get a TP2 so I guess it has its upsides.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

Is the ringer working well in the new ROM?
I see someone said it is.

if it is I think I will update to the new rom tonight. I can't afford to be missing calls.

btw, an updated change log would be helpful...
Anyway, thanks Nrgz for these great roms

Last edited by likeminas; 11-10-2009 at 01:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro