PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Visor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Aug 12|HERM| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21911|23128 - 2.1/2.5/CHT/GTX/MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindspin View Post
no false positive, i love his roms and im upset that i found one. and fyi they arent free scanners.
What specifically did you find? What scanner did you use? I still say it's a false positive. The onus is yours to prove otherwise. Don't come in here and make a vague accusation. Clarify your claim or cease and desist.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I wanted to say that!

tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow789 View Post
<snip>

There is a known & documented false positive on many ROMs with many AV vendors, and this is almost certainly what you are seeing. The likelihood that you alone encountered a file that was somehow surreptitiously modified AFTER it was uploaded & AFTER it has been downloaded countless times is infinitesimally small. What you are almost certainly seeing is a generic heuristic detection, not an actual signature match. Submit it to your AV vendor as a suspected false positive & see what they say.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch & touch pro
Carrier: cricket

haflerman is a n00b

Me too. I also have found a Trojan waiting for me after trying to download this ROM. I'm using Norton Security Suite 2010. If its a false positive, I'd like to know how to disable the virus software and get this rom dl on my touch pro. Looks great and rather bummed that NSS wouldn't let it dl.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I use Norton 360 and it would not dl the RUU program (the ROM dl'ed ok). I just turned off anti-virus for 15 minutes so that it would download. Norton, in my case, then turns back on after the time limit.

Not sure about your version but I am sure it has the same feature or at least turn it off, dl, and then turn it back on.

tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by haflerman View Post
Me too. I also have found a Trojan waiting for me after trying to download this ROM. I'm using Norton Security Suite 2010. If its a false positive, I'd like to know how to disable the virus software and get this rom dl on my touch pro. Looks great and rather bummed that NSS wouldn't let it dl.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

spycom is a n00b

Not using Norton would be a good place to start
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

jmana is just getting started

Are these ROMs designed to get more and more buggy as time goes on? I've been on the July Energy Dinick, and it's getting really bad! Keeps reloading HTC sense all the time. Keeps going to sleep and not waking back up. And now it's doing a thing where if it's charging, and someone calls, it won't stop vibrating! I had this happen last night, and slept through it, the poor thing vibrated for 2 hours! I'm surprised the vibrator didn't burn up!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

EricBergan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Are these ROMs designed to get more and more buggy as time goes on? I've been on the July Energy Dinick, and it's getting really bad! Keeps reloading HTC sense all the time. Keeps going to sleep and not waking back up. And now it's doing a thing where if it's charging, and someone calls, it won't stop vibrating! I had this happen last night, and slept through it, the poor thing vibrated for 2 hours! I'm surprised the vibrator didn't burn up!
Not generally.

But I have found that doing a soft reset each morning seems to make everyone happier.

However, I recently had some of the symptoms (going to sleep), random reboots, etc.) you described, and it turned out to be the battery starting to fail. Still not sure if it is an electrical, or mechanical (i.e. it was starting to lose contact occasionally) problem. Switched to another battery, and it hasn't happened since.

eric
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

jmana is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBergan View Post
Not generally.

But I have found that doing a soft reset each morning seems to make everyone happier.

However, I recently had some of the symptoms (going to sleep), random reboots, etc.) you described, and it turned out to be the battery starting to fail. Still not sure if it is an electrical, or mechanical (i.e. it was starting to lose contact occasionally) problem. Switched to another battery, and it hasn't happened since.

eric

Speaking of batteries, where can I find a genuine HTC battery for the Pro? I bought 2 off of ebay, and they looked exactly like the genuine one, except for one marking difference, and I can tell a big difference in drain rate.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ralph 800
Carrier: Telus

junkmale53 is a n00b

I can't connect to wifi with the Sense2.5.Cookie ROM. First screen you choose the network, second screen it shows strength and you can only choose CONNECT. The third screen the EAP type scrolls off the screen and i can only see TLS, PEAP is mostly off the screen. The forth wants me to choose a certificate and there isn't one, ID and PW are expected but the blank "Server" is normally called "Domain" and it's left blank.

Is there a CAB to bring this back to the previous version of Sense wifi connection or a way to fix this?

HELP!

Last edited by junkmale53; 08-25-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ralph 800
Carrier: Telus

junkmale53 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Speaking of batteries, where can I find a genuine HTC battery for the Pro? I bought 2 off of ebay, and they looked exactly like the genuine one, except for one marking difference, and I can tell a big difference in drain rate.
They may have been used?

I bought one and some screen protectors from DealExtreme.... happy with both.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro