PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jmana is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Aug 12|HERM| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21911|23128 - 2.1/2.5/CHT/GTX/MaxSense

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkmale53 View Post
They may have been used?

I bought one and some screen protectors from DealExtreme.... happy with both.

Nah, the ones I got were new, albeit Chinese ripoffs. They basically just wrapped the batteries in the same black plastic and printed the same words on it. I can tell a big difference. Even the plastic has begun to crack on them. I can't imagine DealExtreme would be any better. I know Amazon has them, but they are about half the cost of what I paid for the phone
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

EricBergan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Speaking of batteries, where can I find a genuine HTC battery for the Pro? I bought 2 off of ebay, and they looked exactly like the genuine one, except for one marking difference, and I can tell a big difference in drain rate.
Can't help with that one - I actually got two from Sprint when they replaced my Mogul with the Pro.

eric
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
nxb
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP 1.0
Carrier: USC

nxb is a n00b

I'm getting the extended battery from ebay. Wonder how it will be. They say the back cover is flimsy. I've had good luck with ebay batteries in general tho.

I know rhodium + others have gotten an Aug-22 rom with a more stable sense 2.5. When can we expect a herman build?

This build is 85% stable to me. There are some quirks with rotation, smart touch area and the camera sometimes crashes. I can accidentally dial the wrong person too because the dialpad is twitchy.

I'm sure the 21xxx build is where the stability is at. I'd still rather keep the 23128.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
I wanted to say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycom View Post
Not using Norton would be a good place to start
Actually, after years of bloat, the last few Norton/Symantec releases have been really good. I may switch back to them. BTW (to all), I'm currently using Avira, who removed the "trojan" detection after I submitted it for review.

Quote:
Are these ROMs designed to get more and more buggy as time goes on? I've been on the July Energy Dinick, and it's getting really bad! Keeps reloading HTC sense all the time. Keeps going to sleep and not waking back up. And now it's doing a thing where if it's charging, and someone calls, it won't stop vibrating! I had this happen last night, and slept through it, the poor thing vibrated for 2 hours! I'm surprised the vibrator didn't burn up!
1) If you're not flashing using the Task 29 procedure, you can expect lots of weird bugs.
2) Consider updating to the current release.
3) I found a likely solution to the vibrating issue on XDA by searching the GSM Raphael thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6841551

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkmale53 View Post
I can't connect to wifi with the Sense2.5.Cookie ROM. First screen you choose the network, second screen it shows strength and you can only choose CONNECT. The third screen the EAP type scrolls off the screen and i can only see TLS, PEAP is mostly off the screen. The forth wants me to choose a certificate and there isn't one, ID and PW are expected but the blank "Server" is normally called "Domain" and it's left blank...
I think you're trying too hard. If you're just connecting to your home router or a standard hotspot, you don't need any of that extra stuff. Delete the existing wifi profile that doesn't work, try again & enter the correct password when prompted. If that doesn't work, you're probably entering it wrong or need to reflash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb View Post
...I know rhodium + others have gotten an Aug-22 rom with a more stable sense 2.5. When can we expect a herman build?...
One was announced on twitter & then delayed. Be thankful we didn't get one as the initial release was NOT stable.

Last edited by joeblow789; 08-25-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Are these ROMs designed to get more and more buggy as time goes on? I've been on the July Energy Dinick, and it's getting really bad! Keeps reloading HTC sense all the time. Keeps going to sleep and not waking back up. And now it's doing a thing where if it's charging, and someone calls, it won't stop vibrating! I had this happen last night, and slept through it, the poor thing vibrated for 2 hours! I'm surprised the vibrator didn't burn up!

I've been running the latest Dinick Glass for 2 or 3 weeks now with none of those issues. In fact I have no issues worth mentioning with this build (23xxx). I assume you 've done the flash dance or Task 29 already?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: TracFone

MWPollard is a n00b

After the tweet last week about uploaded updates, and tweets about other updates later than 8/12, I wanted to make sure I'm looking at the right place. I've seen references to a Hotfile page, but all I can find is the Easy-Share page in Post 2.

Simply put, I'm hoping for a stable 6.5.3+ with working Office 2010. I got the 6.5.0 (21911, the latest stable version posted on ES), but Word's Format/Paragraph, or most of the other options, doesn't work - I tried a Task 29 flashdance and it still didn't work.

Right now I'm using swinnROM 100821.23132, and I like the improved touch-friendliness. I'd like to get TF back that his doesn't have, particularly the hometab weather that works over wifi (Titanium seems to have issues with wifi updates, at least when I tried), but it's more important to me that Word and Excel work.

Please don't think I'm being pushy for an update that isn't ready yet. I just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place for when the update is ready.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPollard View Post
After the tweet last week about uploaded updates, and tweets about other updates later than 8/12, I wanted to make sure I'm looking at the right place. I've seen references to a Hotfile page, but all I can find is the Easy-Share page in Post 2.

Simply put, I'm hoping for a stable 6.5.3+ with working Office 2010. I got the 6.5.0 (21911, the latest stable version posted on ES), but Word's Format/Paragraph, or most of the other options, doesn't work - I tried a Task 29 flashdance and it still didn't work...
You're not missing anything, NRG uses different hosting services at different times, everything for us is on ES right now. Also, for unknown reasons, Office 2010 doesn't work completely on 219xx ROMs, it's not just NRG & I'm not aware of any resolution other than using a 6.5.3+ ROM.
More info:
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...d.php?t=743766

Last edited by joeblow789; 08-26-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: TracFone

MWPollard is a n00b

OK, thanks for the info. I'll be patient. People getting stuff for free better not be fussy to the person giving them the stuff for free.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

off to the evo... it's been real!

damn. i just dropped $10. i'm too lazy to pick it up.

4UM80820BB605122K

later.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ralph 800
Carrier: Telus

junkmale53 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow789 View Post

I think you're trying too hard. If you're just connecting to your home router or a standard hotspot, you don't need any of that extra stuff. Delete the existing wifi profile that doesn't work, try again & enter the correct password when prompted. If that doesn't work, you're probably entering it wrong or need to reflash.
Thanks for the reply. At home it does work fine but at work we have a secure wireless system on Campus.

Using the native windows interface the screen settings i use are:

Screen 1
Authentication : WPA2
Data Encryption: AES

Screen 2
EAP Type: PEAP

Screen 3
Then it pops up with an ID/PW. Domain is left blank.

I wonder if SERVER can be left blank in the new Sense UI. Right now it's a required and nothing i put in there works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro