PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Yes MetroPCS is a smaller carrier. It's really big down in Tampa, FL. I had em when I lived down there. There is no cab that will do all the settings for you but there are some step by step instructions that you can follow, 1 is here on ppcgeeks, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1189036 and then there are a couple threads on the Howardforums.com that can also help you out. Here's two to get you started. http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476 and heres another one http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303 sorry it's not a cab, but it's pretty easy step by step instructions. Hope it helps ya out.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

hmm... i seem to be having an issue that I can't seem to replicate...

what happens is I will hit the power button to turn the lcd on do whatever i want to do.. and hit the power button to turn the lcd off... at which point the backlights on the hard buttons stay on

i can turn them off by turning the lcd on, hitting the call end hard button and turning the lcd off

it has happened the past couple of releases seemingly random... anyone ever notice something similar?

i want to say this has only occurred after crashing tachi by hitting the soft end call button immediately after making a call I didnt mean to make... although I'm only guessing on that since i had recently flashed and it wasnt happening, and then the only thing i can remember was crashing tachi and now its happening. restarting does not help at all... have not reflashed yet, want to see if it goes away someone magically on its own, lol

Last edited by trip; 09-24-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:05 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
hmm... i seem to be having an issue that I can't seem to replicate...

what happens is I will hit the power button to turn the lcd on do whatever i want to do.. and hit the power button to turn the lcd off... at which point the backlights on the hard buttons stay on

i can turn them off by turning the lcd on, hitting the call end hard button and turning the lcd off

it has happened the past couple of releases seemingly random... anyone ever notice something similar?
Yeah my wifes phone would do the same thing every now and then. A soft reset usually did the trick.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
My Battery Experience.
Since 906 I've been running Energy with no/zero/zilch/nada backlight adjustments. Highbeams ON as the Chef intended. No my battery doesn't like me very much but I'm ok with that. Battery life has been, um, decent, at best but liveable. Yes, I've needed my Rescue Charger on my desk at work a few times.
Today, on 920 was a different story. I got 15 hours of light to moderate use off of a charge (took it down to 5%). That is with all the "common" battery mods in place including the latest from maxx134. I think the Battery Hard Reset rootlinux/Strigoi talks about definitely made a difference as well.
I've read every, yes every, post in this thread since I found it back in July so the information is out there. If you want a simple source to find most, if not all of the ones I've used then check out
ThreeFaces Start Up Guide
Also check out how to hard reset your battery
Now I'm a n00b so I dont have much more than observational "data" to report but during my 15 hours today I made a few short calls, sent/received about 20 sms, browsed moderately, used GPS for a short duration, and have one email account update every 30', two update every 60' and one more update every 4 hours.
Now I'm not saying this is the way to run your phone but IMO this is was a good "test" of the battery mods posted here in this thread. For full functionality you need to use the built in Auto Backlight Adjust or Lumos.
Hope this helps. This is another of my n00bish attempts to give back to this awesome community.
As I've said before, I realize it's possible I'm nuts and have no clue what I'm talking about.
BIG props to all the pros out there that are so patient and gracious and of course the biggest of all props goes out to the Iron Chef himself
Those are pretty good numbers my friend.
I am a true believer that hard reseting the battery makes a big difference in battery longevity.
HTC sends all batteries with about 50% power and I have done tests that lead me to believe the device sometimes thinks the half full battery is full because of this.
Hard resetting I believe will fix this issue.
Of course I am still a noob as well so take whatever info I give as just a noobs opinion.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

I just switch to your rom and I have to say this is better than I expected and I am very impressed. however, I do have a question on the email settings. I set up my emails and I would like to change pull intervals and cache size for each email downloaded but I am not able to locate where the settings are for the emails. I know it's somewhere, but I am a little lost trying to find it.
Can someone please help me. Thank you very much!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

youngpro83 - I noticed you are still using the gprs SuspendResume regedit. Did you see my post regarding the unanswerable calls? If you initiate a data connection; say updating weather or stocks and then call your phone and try to answer what happens? Make sure you call while data is active.
Lemme know...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I just switch to your rom and I have to say this is better than I expected and I am very impressed. however, I do have a question on the email settings. I set up my emails and I would like to change pull intervals and cache size for each email downloaded but I am not able to locate where the settings are for the emails. I know it's somewhere, but I am a little lost trying to find it.
Can someone please help me. Thank you very much!
Inbox > Menu > Tools > Options Then click on the mail server you want to set up.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Carrier: MetroPCS

hentai_jeff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Yes MetroPCS is a smaller carrier. It's really big down in Tampa, FL. I had em when I lived down there. There is no cab that will do all the settings for you but there are some step by step instructions that you can follow, 1 is here on ppcgeeks, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1189036 and then there are a couple threads on the Howardforums.com that can also help you out. Here's two to get you started. http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476 and heres another one http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303 sorry it's not a cab, but it's pretty easy step by step instructions. Hope it helps ya out.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501754 3rd post down, you're welcome
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

I did try to find where the "TOOLS" under menu but for some reason this rom didn't have it. I was looking into the device settings and see if I can get to it from another way but so far no luck. I am certain it's there, just that I'm still very new to this rom. Thanks for your help

and you know what, now I feel like an ***................. I found it now... I didn't realize you could scroll that menu..
Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
youngpro83 - I noticed you are still using the gprs SuspendResume regedit. Did you see my post regarding the unanswerable calls? If you initiate a data connection; say updating weather or stocks and then call your phone and try to answer what happens? Make sure you call while data is active.
Lemme know...
Alright this is what happened. I updated my weather. I then called my phone which took forever to ring on my end. Then when I tried to answer my phone there was a reeeeaally long lag and it kind of got stuck on the slide to answer. about 10 sec. Which is pretty long when trying to answer a call. After the lag it connected fine. What do you suggest in order to fix this? That could get very annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro