View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
My Battery Experience.
Since 906 I've been running Energy with no/zero/zilch/nada backlight adjustments. Highbeams ON as the Chef intended. No my battery doesn't like me very much but I'm ok with that. Battery life has been, um, decent, at best but liveable. Yes, I've needed my Rescue Charger on my desk at work a few times.
Today, on 920 was a different story. I got 15 hours of light to moderate use off of a charge (took it down to 5%). That is with all the "common" battery mods in place including the latest from maxx134. I think the Battery Hard Reset rootlinux/Strigoi talks about definitely made a difference as well.
I've read every, yes every, post in this thread since I found it back in July so the information is out there. If you want a simple source to find most, if not all of the ones I've used then check out
ThreeFaces Start Up Guide
Also check out how to hard reset your battery
Now I'm a n00b so I dont have much more than observational "data" to report but during my 15 hours today I made a few short calls, sent/received about 20 sms, browsed moderately, used GPS for a short duration, and have one email account update every 30', two update every 60' and one more update every 4 hours.
Now I'm not saying this is the way to run your phone but IMO this is was a good "test" of the battery mods posted here in this thread. For full functionality you need to use the built in Auto Backlight Adjust or Lumos.
Hope this helps. This is another of my n00bish attempts to give back to this awesome community.
As I've said before, I realize it's possible I'm nuts and have no clue what I'm talking about.
BIG props to all the pros out there that are so patient and gracious and of course the biggest of all props goes out to the Iron Chef himself
Those are pretty good numbers my friend.
I am a true believer that hard reseting the battery makes a big difference in battery longevity.
HTC sends all batteries with about 50% power and I have done tests that lead me to believe the device sometimes thinks the half full battery is full because of this.
Hard resetting I believe will fix this issue.
Of course I am still a noob as well so take whatever info I give as just a noobs opinion.