View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
pmoreau
PPCGeeks Regular

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

OK. On the GPS/AGPS issue. I searched my files and found information regarding the GPSmodes. This text was for the HTC Mogul and was in connection to running 3rd party stand alone GPS software on the Mogul.

I searched the registry on my TP and found the same settings and sure enough, the GPSmode was set to 2 - Needs Cell tower connection in order to work.

I set my GPS mode to 4 (hybrid) and it's working fine.

-----

HKLM > SOFTWARE > HTC > SUPL AGPS > set GPSMode to 1, allow time for the setting to stick (i usually do this by powering off the screen for a couple seconds) then soft reset

see if it still happens,

if it still happens, then try doing the above but setting it to 4 and soft reset again.

mode 1, sets the GPS to standalone only operation, mode 4 sets the gps to hybrid which pretty much means all methods of GPS/GPSOne/AGPS work, for some odd reason sprint (or htc) set the mode to 2, which pretty much turns the moguls gps into agps no better then a normal dumb phone because it wont work without server assistance

if mode 1 or 4 fix the problem, then we know its being caused by the location setting polling sprints servers to get a fix.

all i know is on my way home tonight i couldnt get a gps fix in tom tom unless i had a cellular connection, so im toying around with it right now, but im pretty sure im leaving my setting on 4 that way i can use the gps even in flight mode like on the Q9c, but still get the perks of aGps when needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.