PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
I used both of these cabs you suggested and I now see my battery life eating up even more! Its like they are using more resources than before. Dang.
You need to do more than just install the cabs, assuming that's all you did. Lumos needs to be configured properly in order for it to help with any sort of battery savings. So, simply installing it is probably not helping out. Click on the link ot the thread in my sig and there is a bit more information to help you get it set up. You need to set good values for "max" and "min" brightness in different lighting environments and then you'll see a major change with battery.

Another thing to look into is changing your radio. Your device will use a ton of resources trying to lock in on a tower signal, so if your radio isn't giving you good coverage in your area, then you're going to experience battery drain that others might not. So if you're not getting solid signals, if you roam often, or find the back of teh device heats up a lot, then try changing the radio. ...links are also in my thread.

There are no magic cabs that will improve battery life, but there are settings that have an impact and you need to experiement a bit to get it right for you.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-08-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: EDIT: winmo!!!! ...beat me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Spb Mobile Shell 3.5 works great here.
I un-installed it because I like to mod Manila but it worked great.

What is it doing?
It will just switch back to Touch Flow and vice versa. I then installed second today cab and the same thing. Don;t know what I have done wrong!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

is there a way to get this rom on the vougue? im getting rid of my touch pro. i really want the energy rom on it

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been using energy rom for the past couple months, and i personally have no problems with it. However, i flashed my friend's phone and she keeps having the same recurring problems. The problem is that her phone will either hard reset itself over night, it will delete all her contacts and text messages, or the phone radio will just completely stop working. sometimes it's a combination of all the problems at once. And a few days ago, my wife's phone started hard resetting itself. The funny part is that both phones have the same exact software loaded as my phone, but i haven't had a single problem.

So this morning i reflashed my wife's phone because it hard reset itself again last night, and i started reinstalling her software (just pocket uno and panoramic background). I was about to restore her contacts. I had to stop because she got a phone call. When she gave me the phone back, the battery dropped out. After i rebooted the phone, i noticed that the radio, once again, stopped working. Wifi and bluetooth worked, but the phone radio didn't. I did a soft reset and now the radio is fine. Can anybody help with this problem? I heard about other people have random hard reset problems with this Rom, but this is just getting rediculous.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

Does anybody else with the problem with the phone turning off for no apparent reason and you have to press the power button to turn it back on.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
It will just switch back to Touch Flow and vice versa. I then installed second today cab and the same thing. Don;t know what I have done wrong!
I posted this before on the 3.0 review.
Spb Mobile Shell does not play well with TF3D.
Go into today settings and uncheck everything.
That should fix it.

You can use whatever theme you want.
Just uncheck all plugins.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I've been using energy rom for the past couple months, and i personally have no problems with it. However, i flashed my friend's phone and she keeps having the same recurring problems. The problem is that her phone will either hard reset itself over night, it will delete all her contacts and text messages, or the phone radio will just completely stop working. sometimes it's a combination of all the problems at once. And a few days ago, my wife's phone started hard resetting itself. The funny part is that both phones have the same exact software loaded as my phone, but i haven't had a single problem.

So this morning i reflashed my wife's phone because it hard reset itself again last night, and i started reinstalling her software (just pocket uno and panoramic background). I was about to restore her contacts. I had to stop because she got a phone call. When she gave me the phone back, the battery dropped out. After i rebooted the phone, i noticed that the radio, once again, stopped working. Wifi and bluetooth worked, but the phone radio didn't. I did a soft reset and now the radio is fine. Can anybody help with this problem? I heard about other people have random hard reset problems with this Rom, but this is just getting rediculous.
Simple stuff. Flash a stock rom, hard reset, then flash back to the custom ROM, hard reset. Should fix the problem of the device hard resetting.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
Does anybody else with the problem with the phone turning off for no apparent reason and you have to press the power button to turn it back on.
You mean like the screen timeout? ...or does your device actually shut itself down?

The device is configured for the backlight to timeout after lets say a minute. Got o START-SETTINGS-POWER to adjust it. Or, if you're using Lumos, check your configuration.

If the screen shuts off during a phone call, this is also normal, and can be adjusted by installing In Call Tweeks - there are links in my sig. You can set it to keep the screen on all the time during a call, or shut it off for power saving.

If the device is shutting itself down, and needs to boot back up, then that doesn't sound normal, and I'd reflash.

Lemme know which issue sounds like yours and I'll try to help.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I'd like to know the answer too. I was also under the impression that the phone had an actual gps receiver.
Yes, the TouchPro has a 'real' GPS. Since stand alone GPS startup can take a while because of the time it takes to locate enough sats to just figure out about where you and the sats are before it can start getting acurate without a stored data base on the time and aprox location of the sats and where you are. Cell phones have the capability to access up to date info on satellite positions and your aprox location and time via the Cell tower. This is called Assisted GPS or A-GPS which is what the TouchPro and most other Cell phones with built-in GPS have. This greatly reduces the cold start time of the GPS receiver. It can also use the towers to triangulate to give you rough positioning until the GPS receiver is locked in to enough satellites.

In another post I talked about the built-in GPS and a mode setting in the registry (at least for the predecessor to the TouchPro, the Mogul) that set the use of the GPS in one for 4 modes. They were OFF, GPS ONLY, GPS and/or AGPS(tower), and GPS and Tower.

The default mode for the Mogul was GPS and Tower which ment that the GPS only worked as long as there was contact with a provider's cell tower. With a registry editor you could change the setting to GPS and/or Tower which ment that it would use the tower to speed up start times and improve accuracy but it would also work stand alone without a tower. I changed my phone's setting to that so that my GPS location would work when I was out camping in the mountains with no Cell access.

It worked. Since the Mogul was HTC and the TouchPro is the successor I assumed that there may be the same settings for the TouchPro. I have not researched it since I have not gone camping yet but maybe I will when I get some time. I'll search the forums and my notes to see if I can find the registry settings and locate them in my phone, change them and see if the phones GPS will work out in the boonies.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Simple stuff. Flash a stock rom, hard reset, then flash back to the custom ROM, hard reset. Should fix the problem of the device hard resetting.
my friend's phone already had the stock rom on it for almost a year before i flashed it. So i still need to flash a stock rom before custom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro