PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRExpress View Post
I tried this, and no matter what, my data connection doesnt seem to turn off. I always see the data arrows above my signal strength and it never ends. Any other suggestions by chance??
Try setting it by going to Start < Utilities < Tweaks < Advanced Config

Once in advanced config, click on Menu (right soft key) < More Settings < Connections

At the bottom check off "Disconnect after" and change to 1 minute. Click OK a couple of times and it will tell you it needs to do a soft reset. That should do it for you.

If you did the reg edit earlier that psyki posted that is supposed to help with phone calls coming through then it WILL disable the auto disconnect just like he warned (I tested it). But going back through advanced config put it back in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

Does this new ROM include start up animation?? I love energy ROMs but I want the start up animation.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Lurker

RnRExpress is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Try setting it by going to Start < Utilities < Tweaks < Advanced Config

Once in advanced config, click on Menu (right soft key) < More Settings < Connections

At the bottom check off "Disconnect after" and change to 1 minute. Click OK a couple of times and it will tell you it needs to do a soft reset. That should do it for you.

If you did the reg edit earlier that psyki posted that is supposed to help with phone calls coming through then it WILL disable the auto disconnect just like he warned (I tested it). But going back through advanced config put it back in.
I never installed that registry edit that psyki posted. I havent had any issues yet with phone calls coming in. I did as you suggested, and it was set to 1 minute. I reselected it, saved and did a soft reset, and the data still will not disconnect after 1 minute; just keeps on going. I like thr ROM but I will probably need to go to another one, because even the preview from the camera when trying to take pictures will not work either
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
I never installed that registry edit that psyki posted. I havent had any issues yet with phone calls coming in. I did as you suggested, and it was set to 1 minute. I reselected it, saved and did a soft reset, and the data still will not disconnect after 1 minute; just keeps on going. I like thr ROM but I will probably need to go to another one, because even the preview from the camera when trying to take pictures will not work either
It has to be some other cab you installed. Or maybe you have it set to check your email at an unusually high rate? Like every 1 minute.

Try doing a hard reset and then re-setting up the disconnect after 1 minute setting and see if it works. It's kind of one of those things that if you are the only one experiencing that problem, it's not something wrong with the rom itself. Let me know if that works for you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Lurker

RnRExpress is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
It has to be some other cab you installed. Or maybe you have it set to check your email at an unusually high rate? Like every 1 minute.

Try doing a hard reset and then re-setting up the disconnect after 1 minute setting and see if it works. It's kind of one of those things that if you are the only one experiencing that problem, it's not something wrong with the rom itself. Let me know if that works for you!
I will probably reflash it again tonight if the hard reset doesnt solve the issue. thanks for the advice!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I will probably reflash it again tonight if the hard reset doesnt solve the issue. thanks for the advice!
No problem. I think something that a lot of people are forgetting is to do a hard reset AFTER flashing to a new rom. This is important when doing any kind of update on any kind of device. Whether it's firmware on your router or a new rom for your phone. After the new rom is flashed, it's always good to do a hard reset and THEN set it up. This can fix so many issues before they even happen.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro --> Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

saidin69 is keeping up the good worksaidin69 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to saidin69 Send a message via MSN to saidin69

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
POST# 4.........WHERES THE BATTERY FIX...?

I really really like this EnergyROM it has alot of what I'm looking for...
I dropped it this evening...just to taste a new flavor by a different Chef...

I only had two real issues...
One I just found the information I needed to correct it....Gmail/Hotmail email...POST #4...thx hit
Last issue is the BATTERY LIFE what on God's green Earth is under the hood...A V12...This ROM can burn a tank of gas from there to the SuperMarkert...figure a speech

I installed like three battery performance .cabs no help...

Once again I really really like this EnergyROM*MAGIC*...
I think its a ROM to permanently keep...especially once you install the Glass digital clock...

Does anyone have the FIX to stop the BATTERY from Magically disappearing...???

BESIDES THAT THIS ROM IS ONE OF THE TOP THREE..!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Verizon phone and my battery is fine after turning the backlight down to 20%. I mean really why does it need to be on all the way?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work

this vibrate on every key pressed is annoying as hell...howdo i turn it offf
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
this vibrate on every key pressed is annoying as hell...howdo i turn it offf

This really crazy I mean how many times are people going to ask this question, seriously? I got a good laugh out of it last night. I think its been asked on just about every page now.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidin69@hotmail.com View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Verizon phone and my battery is fine after turning the backlight down to 20%. I mean really why does it need to be on all the way?
I have found that changing the backlight option helps a lot!! I set mine back to automatic. I have also found the the battery drops about 7% in the first hour then holds steady from there. It last all day, but I give mine a quick charge after lunch anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro