PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Wow, i'm surprised you guys have so much trouble running the gps on the phone. I've had mogul and not TP, and I've used garmin without a problem and it even picks up signal when i'm indoor.
but anyway, agps should be running by default so unless you did something to change it, all the application that require gps signal should work from the get go.

Last edited by tkedch; 10-08-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: SORRY NO ILLEGAL DISS
Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Wow, i'm surprised you guys have so much trouble running the gps on the phone. I've had mogul and not TP, and I've used garmin without a problem and it even picks up signal when i'm indoor.
Thanks friend.

Last edited by rootlinux; 10-08-2009 at 02:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
We do not discuss illegal/wares here friend.
Might want to edit your post.

Can get the forum owners in trouble posting that in open forum about that stuff.
You should just post info about the app and if anyone wants to PM you then you guys can discuss it.

Know you are trying to be helpful but ya know....
I just changed, sorry for being insensitive. Anyway, I recommend GArmin for the fact that they have the most POI. I've used others, and none has as many POI's as Garmin does. Tom tom is getting better but as a european company trying to compete in the US, they're still behind in their database.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
You mean like the screen timeout? ...or does your device actually shut itself down?

The device is configured for the backlight to timeout after lets say a minute. Got o START-SETTINGS-POWER to adjust it. Or, if you're using Lumos, check your configuration.

If the screen shuts off during a phone call, this is also normal, and can be adjusted by installing In Call Tweeks - there are links in my sig. You can set it to keep the screen on all the time during a call, or shut it off for power saving.

If the device is shutting itself down, and needs to boot back up, then that doesn't sound normal, and I'd reflash.

Lemme know which issue sounds like yours and I'll try to help.

The phone turns completly off and I have to press the power button to turn it back on. I've tried to reflash it again and everything worked perfect up until 30 minutes ago same problem again. any suggestions
Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
The phone turns completly off and I have to press the power button to turn it back on. I've tried to reflash it again and everything worked perfect up until 30 minutes ago same problem again. any suggestions
Just one more clarifying question - when you press the power button to turn it back on, it's booting up right? Let me know specifically whether or not its booting after you turn it back on.

So the problem isnt the screen going off or the device going into sleep mode...it's actually powering down completely, so you need to boot it up to get it working, right?

How are your power settings configured in START-SETTINGS-POWER?

If a reflash isn't fixing it, and it's actually powering down, completely powering down on its own, I might do the stock flash dance [flash to stock, hard reset, flash custom, hard reset]. That seems like abnormal behavior.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Strangey, strangey - I have two Gmails, Outlook, and 2 Hotmails...I can't get my device to do that. In each, when I hit reply all [either the softkey or form the Menu button] it sets the email up properly...it doesn't automatically put me into the "To" line.

Iswept the device looking for a setting that might be causing it, but didn't see anything. I'd hate to recommend a reflash to see if that clears it up, but it is working fine here. It's odd that there aren't any other features acting up.

If you have Sashimi set up, a reflash shouldnt take long and I'd go that route. Maybe someone else can offer more insight.
It's been doing this the last few times I've flashed whenever NRG updated the ROMs. Annoying but I'll wait until the new one is released to flash again.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero

bradgordie is a n00b

Worked for me! Thanks!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
It's been doing this the last few times I've flashed whenever NRG updated the ROMs. Annoying but I'll wait until the new one is released to flash again.
Strange...def flash to stock and do the dance before you flash the next one. The problem may just be following you from flash to flash. I dont recall if its happened to me before, but it definitely isn't doing that in any of my accounts now.

...I think we're getting an updated rom soon, so I'd just hold out.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I just changed, sorry for being insensitive. Anyway, I recommend GArmin for the fact that they have the most POI. I've used others, and none has as many POI's as Garmin does. Tom tom is getting better but as a european company trying to compete in the US, they're still behind in their database.
Thanks friend.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

bobsiopener is a n00b

Hi,
I'm having an issue with the volume. I searched through the thread and it seems that people are either saying it was fixed in the 9/6 and 9/20 ROMs or there aren't any further replies on the issue.
When adjusting the system volume (and i think call volume) there is only 3 levels super high, medium, and off. Does anyone else experience this or know of a fix.
I have the 9/20 ROM with stock radio and haven't installed any other programs to control the volume.
thanks,
Bob

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro