PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, I replicated the issue...open your physical keyboard and toggle t9 there [FN+ Spacebar]. It will pop up a display asking you to chose which mode you want "abc" t9 english" etc....chose ABC and it should be good. [I think ahuskins recommended this already] Try that.
Thanks for the suggestion, but after trying that and some other things. It still didnt' work. I am hoping maybe there's some settings I can change in google maps, but so far I have found none related to that.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!

Osz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Osz
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yeah man sprint picture mail is waaack!! you should try the arcosoft mms. Its a lot better in my opinion.
I downloaded it and installed it. It at least gives me the option to send a video or pic but it wont follow through. It says message delivery Failed. Am I missing or forgetting something here?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but after trying that and some other things. It still didnt' work. I am hoping maybe there's some settings I can change in google maps, but so far I have found none related to that.
Yea, I wasn't able to find any special settings. Strange. I can perfectly replicate what you're describing, but I can also fix it by toggling the setting with the physical keyboard. You stumped me dude.

To keep things on a positive note - if anyone is using the new GMAIL PUSH and want to rename "OUTLOOK" on the mail tab to something more useful, I found this [from user tcbusch]:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\ActiveSync
FriendlyName = "Outlook E-mail"
Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osz View Post
I downloaded it and installed it. It at least gives me the option to send a video or pic but it wont follow through. It says message delivery Failed. Am I missing or forgetting something here?
You need more than just "arcsoft". There are two cabs to enable picture mail. You need to install the removal cab first, then soft reset, then install arcsoft, then soft reset again...that should get it rocking.

If you did that, you might try it again, just in case you missed one of those soft resets...it makes all the difference.

[those cabs are linked through one of the links in my sig]
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Yea, I wasn't able to find any special settings. Strange. I can perfectly replicate what you're describing, but I can also fix it by toggling the setting with the physical keyboard. You stumped me dude.

To keep things on a positive note - if anyone is using the new GMAIL PUSH and want to rename "OUTLOOK" on the mail tab to something more useful, I found this [from user tcbusch]:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\ActiveSync
FriendlyName = "Outlook E-mail"

Hahahaha, this is not good...... Anyway, what you're saying after you selected ABC mode using the physical keyboard and go back to the on-screen keyboard, then ABC mode on screen sticks? This has to be some kind of conflict between google maps and T9 settings.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Hahahaha, this is not good...... Anyway, what you're saying after you selected ABC mode using the physical keyboard and go back to the on-screen keyboard, then ABC mode on screen sticks? This has to be some kind of conflict between google maps and T9 settings.
Yea, that's exactly what it does. I can only get it to act screwy if I'm trying to change t9 with the onscreen keyboard in google maps. As soon as I use the physical keyboard, everything is fine. ....even if I switch back to the onscreen, it will hold whatever I set from the physical keyboard.

The only thing that seems to fix it is changing the mode on the physical keyboard. ...but you said you tried that, so I'm at a loss. <---thats me hitting my head against a wall, I suppose.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

After removing panoramic wallpaper and trying compact manila bg 4 all and standard I get a white box in the upper left corner with both.
Time to look at the files I guess. LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Yea, that's exactly what it does. I can only get it to act screwy if I'm trying to change t9 with the onscreen keyboard in google maps. As soon as I use the physical keyboard, everything is fine. ....even if I switch back to the onscreen, it will hold whatever I set from the physical keyboard.

The only thing that seems to fix it is changing the mode on the physical keyboard. ...but you said you tried that, so I'm at a loss. <---thats me hitting my head against a wall, I suppose.
After trying it several more times, I can see what you're saying about using the physical keyboard. But that's just the same as switching from t9 to abc while you're typing in something else then use google maps. It'll work for that one session. As soon as you use t9 at somewhere else, then you try google maps, the problem is back on. hahahahaha
Don't hit your head too hard, we still need your!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
After trying it several more times, I can see what you're saying about using the physical keyboard. But that's just the same as switching from t9 to abc while you're typing in something else then use google maps. It'll work for that one session. As soon as you use t9 at somewhere else, then you try google maps, the problem is back on. hahahahaha
Don't hit your head too hard, we still need your!!!!
...yea, it's definitely a glitch, but the point is that it can be addressed by changing the setting with the physical keyboard. So, it DOES work for you? Like, you can make it work now by toggling the setting? It's a workaround for sure, but now you know how to address it.

Quote:
After removing panoramic wallpaper and trying compact manila bg 4 all and standard I get a white box in the upper left corner with both.
Time to look at the files I guess. LOL
I got that when I used a version of compact homescreen without background for all support. ...I think that's what causes it. Either installing a cab version with, or without.

OK..I've over posted today. I wrote a whole Guide with anything useful I have to offer.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-29-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just FYI. If you use CompactHome(BG4ALL version) AND CompactManila(BG4ALL version) mods you do not need to install the BG4ALL mod. There are 3 manila files in the BG4ALL mod which are ALL replaced after installing the Compact mods. Also here is a Softkey Bar Skin which basically mirrors the taskbar skin. Makes the screen a bit Palm Pre-ish. Basically Copy the file to /Windows directory and soft-reset.
Attached Images
File Type: png nrg_softkeybar2.png (3.4 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro