PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
In case anyone was curious what that hidden slider looks like...dude, it's glooooorious.

...to really drive this home, does anyone know if there's a simple edit to get another appointment to display under the clock?

What did you do to get the icons at the top? Where is the cab for that hidden slider?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgj View Post
What did you do to get the icons at the top? Where is the cab for that hidden slider?

Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=539122
heres where the tab came from, and the task bar he has is gadgetfreaks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

Thanks!
...the top icons are Gadget Freaks...check out his work for 6.5, killer stuff. If you install a new set of icons, you will lose CMYLXGO's sweet NRG Waiting Notification [the circle] and end up with the four colored dots.

A link to the thread at XDA about the hidden slider was posted a few pages back. HERE

Take a few minutes to read the thread over there before installing...there are some minor bugs to note and you'll definitely want to back up the appropriate manilla files before install, in case you don't dig the results.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Nah, i've never had a rom to close data out. my data is always on on any ROM. So data being on/off doesn't matter.

And this percentage drop was from 75% before gym and about 60% after gym. At 53% now without doing anything, but that's probably b/c i have crap signal in my apt.

The ROM isn't playing nice with a few of my staple programs either. Vito SMS and Pocketshield particularly. I've had to soft reset twice b/c screen wouldn't come back on.
I can't speak for whatever apps you're trying to use, because I've never used them.

But regarding battery life, if starting from 100% the battery drain to a point where you can't use the device is on par with other ROMs. If you're starting your assessment at less than 100% you've started with an already partially drained battery. You're not going to get a good fair assessment of battery life till you start once from 100%.

Anyway, I only speak for my own experiences and it does great for me. At times it appears the battery is draining fast, but overall it goes the full day and I can't say that about some other ROMs including the stock Sprint ROM. And my battery life does better when data is turned off after using it on any ROM, but I only speak for what has performed well in my own usage.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jb8lakeshow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
The ROM's overall battery life is good, although early indications may appear to show it's bad because of quickly losing an initial 10-20%. But try using it an entire day as you would any other ROM and see how it performs during the full course of a day.

I've found, when used for a day like any other ROM, the battery life overall is just fine. At the end of the day, I find I'm sometimes doing better on battery than with some other ROMs I've tried.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that EnergyROM does not automatically close the data connection. So if you make sure to close the data connection after you're done using it via Communications Manager, you'll probably do fine on battery during the course of a day.
You can set the data connection to automatically disconnect when idle (I set mine to 1 minute) in Adv. Config.

Start > Utilities > Tweaks > Adv. Config > Menu > More Settings > Connections > Disconnect After...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...the top icons are Gadget Freaks...check out his work for 6.5, killer stuff. If you install a new set of icons, you will lose CMYLXGO's sweet NRG Waiting Notification [the circle] and end up with the four colored dots.

A link to the thread at XDA about the hidden slider was posted a few pages back. HERE

Take a few minutes to read the thread over there before installing...there are some minor bugs to note and you'll definitely want to back up the appropriate manilla files before install, in case you don't dig the results.
Where is Gadget Freaks Located?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Where is Gadget Freaks Located?
his is towards the bottom of the thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65911
Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
I can't speak for whatever apps you're trying to use, because I've never used them.

But regarding battery life, if starting from 100% the battery drain to a point where you can't use the device is on par with other ROMs. If you're starting your assessment at less than 100% you've started with an already partially drained battery. You're not going to get a good fair assessment of battery life till you start once from 100%.

Anyway, I only speak for my own experiences and it does great for me. At times it appears the battery is draining fast, but overall it goes the full day and I can't say that about some other ROMs including the stock Sprint ROM. And my battery life does better when data is turned off after using it on any ROM, but I only speak for what has performed well in my own usage.
I did start from 100%. Or Pretty close. I was at 100% at time of flash.

When I went to the gym it was already at 75%. Pretty fast drop at that point in a short period, but that may be b/c of my crap signal.

Then when I went to the gym when I have really good signal I drop significantly w/o much use in a short amount of time.

And i'm not sure what's with the problems w/programs.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jb8lakeshow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
I will definitely take that. Im NOT a big fan of the Tachi Dialer.

Thats one of the very few bugs in the ROM.

Maybe we should start incorporating programs to include in the ROM? How bout that HTC wifi thing?

Or maybe making a light ROM for those of us that dont need all those programs?
How is the Tachi Dialer a bug of the ROM? Do you mean the application itself is buggy? Please stop spreading misinformation... AFAIK, nobody has gotten the Tachi Dianler to work bug free.

NRGz will never make a light ROM, it is take it or leave it w/ his ROMs.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8lakeshow View Post
You can set the data connection to automatically disconnect when idle (I set mine to 1 minute) in Adv. Config.

Start > Utilities > Tweaks > Adv. Config > Menu > More Settings > Connections > Disconnect After...
Yea, I know, I just like to do it myself as needed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I did start from 100%. Or Pretty close. I was at 100% at time of flash.

When I went to the gym it was already at 75%. Pretty fast drop at that point in a short period, but that may be b/c of my crap signal.

Then when I went to the gym when I have really good signal I drop significantly w/o much use in a short amount of time.

And i'm not sure what's with the problems w/programs.
After flashing the battery takes a bit of a dip. You've got to let it set and ensure it charged fully to get an accurate assessment. Also, I hope you did a manual hard reset after flashing, always best to. Just charge it up and use it for a day as you would any other ROM and see how things look after about 8 hours. Although like I said, I don't keep my data connection on and that has had a very positive impact on battery life for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro