PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 11:37 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Question: I noticed some ROMS have it and some dont and I was wondering if there was a way to ensure this was in place:

Whenever your texting someone and are in the detailed view where you see all of their messages (i always use threaded of course), is there a version of SMS or whatever to make sure that the place where you actually type a message has the option to "Menu - Insert - Picture/Voice Note/File, or whatever"? I noticed in this rom (Calkulin's Touch Pro 23506 ROM v4.2) its grayed out, whereas in other roms, its available. I already tried the archsoft mms and sprintpcs picturemail removal and install but its still grayed out. I'd like the option to insert a picture from the threaded messaging as opposed to having to back out to the general view of everyone's message and starting a new picture message from there. Nothing serious, just more of a convenience thing for me, that's all.

Any thoughts?
It's dependant on how the ROM has SMS/MMS set up...or not. By default, those options are not available in the Windows Mobile View, but can be accessed in Sense...the problem is, Sense doesn't fully handle MMS right now, so while they're available, they won't send.

I think the recommended set up for this ROM is to disable HTC Messaging and use a combination of Windows Mobile view and Arcsoft. If you're not a heavy MMS person, like me, the deafult SMS setup through HTC's app is fine.

It does take a minute to retrain your workflow, but until we see a fully functional HTC Messaging App with both SMS and MMS support, you need to dance. I've found it's super easy to just go straight into the Picture Album and send a fresh message from there to whomever, if I'm sending a picture message.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jinzhen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
It's dependant on how the ROM has SMS/MMS set up...or not. By default, those options are not available in the Windows Mobile View, but can be accessed in Sense...the problem is, Sense doesn't fully handle MMS right now, so while they're available, they won't send.

I think the recommended set up for this ROM is to disable HTC Messaging and use a combination of Windows Mobile view and Arcsoft. If you're not a heavy MMS person, like me, the deafult SMS setup through HTC's app is fine.

It does take a minute to retrain your workflow, but until we see a fully functional HTC Messaging App with both SMS and MMS support, you need to dance. I've found it's super easy to just go straight into the Picture Album and send a fresh message from there to whomever, if I'm sending a picture message.

Thank you for the advice. I agree that it is probably easier to browse to the picture first and then send from there, but you know how it is, options are nice. I really like SPB's photo viewer app, its really nice and powerful, just wish it wasn't like 30 bucks or whatever lol. I have a question though, where/how do you disable the HTC messaging? I didn't see that in any of the options.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: spint

gsrboy171 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Are you serious??????????

This topic has been the main issue of talk the past 3 days.........
I understand the thread is long but gee wizz. The sites search feature works great, so does google. I found it in 10 seconds. Not trying to be rude or anything but new users (&old) complain constantly about the length of this thread and the amount of repeat questions that have been answered multiple times on multiple pages...... BSOD has been on every, if not every than all but 1 maybe, page at least once since the 21st...............

here ya go.....BSOD= Black Screen of death, an acronym coined for the random blanking of the screen in which it can not be woke up by any other measure than stylus soft reset or pulling the battery out. Thats what it is. No cure. Like I said very detailed conversation in the past few days.
hey smoke a cig and relax. iam not new into this flashing thing but i dont be on this website everyday. i didnt know what the acronym stands for so i asked. RELAX
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Thank you for the advice. I agree that it is probably easier to browse to the picture first and then send from there, but you know how it is, options are nice. I really like SPB's photo viewer app, its really nice and powerful, just wish it wasn't like 30 bucks or whatever lol. I have a question though, where/how do you disable the HTC messaging? I didn't see that in any of the options.
Check the 2.5 Thread linked in my sig...I have links to the cabs you're looking for. If you disable the HTC App, you'll default to the Windows Mobile app...which may knock out some other functionality, like texting from Sense...even texting from the People Tab <--- I do this often, so disabling isn't my method of choice.

You need to weigh the options available and go with what's best for your needs. Making 2.5 a daily use ROM is "tough" at the moment, but not impossible...there are lots of dances that need to be learned until we see some of the bugs addressed.

...and yea, there are definitely pay apps that are slick and eliminate some of the bugs we're dancing around, but cash gets low for honest punks.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Some body have the solution about black screen and ring tones?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Some body have the solution about black screen and ring tones?
...yea, flash a 2.1 ROM. SOLVED!

Both issues will likely not be addressed with a soft fix, so I highly doubt one of us is going to stumble upon some magical setting that rights everything.

EDIT: to be more helpful...both issues can be worked around, but the work arounds might not be "acceptable" to all users. For ringers, my ringers work fine for the most part [maybe im lucky], but you can set the device volume to vibrate and the phone will vibrate on all incoming calls. The black screen issues seems to happen less frequent if you keep your device from shutting down it's screen. That's not to say it fixes the problem, but most users seem to be reporting that not letting the device go to sleep helps...which makes sense, since waking the device up seems to be the issue. And it "seems" to be isolated to the 23xxx build, but I can't say 100%.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-24-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Hey what is BSOD? j/k

I just had to ask but I already know.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Both issues will likely not be addressed with a soft fix, so I highly doubt one of us is going to stumble upon some magical setting that rights everything.
Mmmmm I won't return at 2.1
which was the reason of having a black screen
Old 11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

Quote:
Check the 2.5 Thread linked in my sig...I have links to the cabs you're looking for. If you disable the HTC App, you'll default to the Windows Mobile app...which may knock out some other functionality, like texting from Sense...even texting from the People Tab <--- I do this often, so disabling isn't my method of choice.

You need to weigh the options available and go with what's best for your needs. Making 2.5 a daily use ROM is "tough" at the moment, but not impossible...there are lots of dances that need to be learned until we see some of the bugs addressed.

...and yea, there are definitely pay apps that are slick and eliminate some of the bugs we're dancing around, but cash gets low for honest punks.

K thank you!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

EDIT: to be more helpful...both issues can be worked around, but the work arounds might not be "acceptable" to all users. For ringers, my ringers work fine for the most part [maybe im lucky], but you can set the device volume to vibrate and the phone will vibrate on all incoming calls. The black screen issues seems to happen less frequent if you keep your device from shutting down it's screen. That's not to say it fixes the problem, but most users seem to be reporting that not letting the device go to sleep helps...which makes sense, since waking the device up seems to be the issue. And it "seems" to be isolated to the 23xxx build, but I can't say 100%.
Actually it's on the 28XXX builds. The 23XXX did not have these problems. Just wanted to say that now that I am on 21869, I have not had any problems whatsoever with the BSOD. I miss the finger friendly menus, but it is still amazingly sick, and I didn't realize how much I missed the HTC volume.

If you want to stay up to date with his latest ROM's, I really recommend using the 21869 build. It is extremely stable. I've only soft reset twice and that was to finish installs. It did reset on my by itself once, but that was because it fell out of my car door when I went to fill up with gas. Definitely the better build of the two.

NRG: I don't know when you will read this, but I really think you should pull the 28002 build off of hotfile. There are too many problems with it, and there is nothing we can do to fix it.

Last edited by M3shuggah; 11-24-2009 at 12:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro