PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
BLACK SCREEN - This happened to me first on another ROM, so my guess is that it's specific to the build [28xxx], not specific to the ROM...but I've been on 21864 [not 9] and the problem "followed" me.
Are you saying once you have the Black Screen BSOD problem it'll follow you even on older builds that previously didn't have the problem or are you saying 21864 had the problem also?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
I had to go back to the pre Sense format since I get no ringtones when getting calls..I have followed the many steps to make them work with no luck...followed the steps to get wallpapers to work with no luck, and get annoyed when opening the keyboard to type something and the screen gets messed up. I do love the Sense look and layout much better however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_xBLADEx_xX View Post
I haven't gone through most of the latest post, but I am having some extreme problems with Sense. I like the new interface and how things work, but I get constant freezes when i'm trying to txt. There are alot of bugs I'm gonna try Nov 10 release.
Just curious did either of you get down and pop, lock and drop it... ROM geek style (the flashdance) before rockin the new ROMs? Also are you running newer 23xxx builds or 21xxx???

The BSOD is something you can not get out of with 28002 (23xxx in some cases) BUT the ringer issue, the walls issue, and the screen messing up when the keyboard is out are things that can either be worked around or avoided. If you are trying "all" the fixes posted in this thread and still not getting anywhere, I would consider a little flashdancing to try to clear the system. Check out Threefaces guide(thread and pdf to tickle any fancy)as well if you haven't already, the man puts a ton of work into informing the masses on how to deal with NRG ROM and some of the issues users are having. Also take the time to sort throught the thread, some fixes get lost in the pages. May help in your cases, may not but def worth a shot.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Are you saying once you have the Black Screen BSOD problem it'll follow you even on older builds that previously didn't have the problem or are you saying 21864 had the problem also?
I made an uninformed guess that the issue might be build specific...I rarely use the builds with the start button at the bottom. I hoped that flashing to a 21864 ROM would resolve the issue, but I was still getting lock ups.

So while I experienced the issue running 21864, I couldn't tell if it was a carry over issue or something related to the more recent 2.5 ROMs generally.

I doubt the issue would follow to an older build that didn't have it...I'll let you know. I'm flashing to Oct. 14th at the moment to see about fixing up another issue...I'll let you know if I hit any walls.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Bsod

Got some reports from some guys in Calk's thread about 28002 running fine with no BSOD. Cooked with Native Kernel. Also, no ringer issues. Gonna investigate and see what I can cook up.

Edit: 21864 is still WM 6.5 and my guess is that in the newer builds of 6.5 and 6.5.x there is something requiring the Native Kernel. Still investigating. The only issue I see in Calk's thread regarding 28002 is a memory leak. But it is manageable.

Last edited by ahuskins; 11-23-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: More Info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 & Touch Pro & Droid
Carrier: Alltel now Verizon

pauljohnson75 is just getting started

Running the newest 28002 and on the home screen I used to be able to click on the clock and it would let me switch from my location to my city in this new build I can not do this. Any suggestions The My Location feature does not work in my area and this is the only way I can get weather on my home screen.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

flashed 11/21 28002 last night and things looked great right off the bat. I noticed that sms/mms was a little slow so I did the usual SMS/MMS dance. However I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. After a SR,i was back up again. Anyone else had this issue? I spent my first hour and a half just catching up with all the post since it was posted and found no mention. I may have forgotten a HR somewhere in the flashdance so I will start all over again. THX

Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Status!!

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

The Black Screen pops up for a second everytime i make a call and everytime it connects it doesn't stay blank and at times when I send a texts

I guess its data related

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click
Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
flashed 11/21 28002 last night and things looked great right off the bat. I noticed that sms/mms was a little slow so I did the usual SMS/MMS dance. However I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. After a SR,i was back up again. Anyone else had this issue? I spent my first hour and a half just catching up with all the post since it was posted and found no mention. I may have forgotten a HR somewhere in the flashdance so I will start all over again. THX
That's the BSOD (Blank Screen of Doom) everyone has been talking about over the last 2 days.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am going back to my signature kitchen till to NRG give us a good solution.
I need my phone working wth out black screans, black freezing and ring tones problem.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I am going back to my signature kitchen till to NRG give us a good solution.
I need my phone working wth out black screans, black freezing and ring tones problem.
I'm on that kitchen and I've had a couple of freezes with it :-\ which led me to believe that it's a 28002 problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro