PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD81 View Post
Awesome ROM!

Is there a way to use a different version of text messaging? Chance the whole text messaging "interface" Not sure if that makes sense lol... Also when i'm in the text messaging interface my keyboard doesn't work properly. The shift and function keys don't work and sometimes it puts a tottaly differant letter than i typed.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Search for, download and install Juicy47 Western EZinput keyboard. Its mentioned in this VERY long thread a few times so you should get lots of hits for it.

As for the text messaging, I use the texting feature that comes with my phone app called PhonEx. Its not free though.
Also the windows mobile messaging works fine too.

David
Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

AdamD81 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
yes, but it's not really chaning your overall interface, it just brings you back to defaul WM sms interface. go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545
and find zenyee disable HTC msging. beware that you will only see the wm ui when you click the left softkey "all messages".
Thanks again tkedch. Exactly what i wanted.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

so...on the last build i installed the juicy western keyboard thingy, because it seemed like the thing to do, as per several recommendations. i haven't installed it yet on the nov 14th manilla 2.5 build. what i did notice is that my 'symbol' button on the keyboard only types 'ae', rather than pulling up the menu. will a reinstall of this cab fix this? or is it just goofed?
Old 11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Wait a minute! There is a "send" button in SMS?!
OK, I was playing around today with the Nov 10 build and I notice that if I choose a contact and then type a message in manila, I don't have the send button. We all know that. However, If I am in the messaging screen in manila and click on the little "pen and message bubble" near the top right of the screen, the sms app opens and whe nI switch to landscape the esnd and attachment buttons are there!
This is one of those moments that I wish I had one of the screen grab programs to post a pic. Gonna have to get my digicam out.

ok, its a crappy picture of it - my good cameras batteries are dead - but there it is right on the right of the screen:\

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 11-14-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

In the nov 14 2.5 release there is a new sms package that does have a send button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

KCS2K is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so...on the last build i installed the juicy western keyboard thingy, because it seemed like the thing to do, as per several recommendations. i haven't installed it yet on the nov 14th manilla 2.5 build. what i did notice is that my 'symbol' button on the keyboard only types 'ae', rather than pulling up the menu. will a reinstall of this cab fix this? or is it just goofed?
Installing the juciy keyboard fixed that problem for me. Although it seems to mess up typing with the keyboard open in some things.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

drvon is just getting started

I was so looking forward to the new animated wallpapers, but they keep crashing HTC Sense causing you to hard reset, any fixes?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Wait a minute! There is a "send" button in SMS?!
OK, I was playing around today with the Nov 10 build and I notice that if I choose a contact and then type a message in manila, I don't have the send button. We all know that. However, If I am in the messaging screen in manila and click on the little "pen and message bubble" near the top right of the screen, the sms app opens and whe nI switch to landscape the esnd and attachment buttons are there!
This is one of those moments that I wish I had one of the screen grab programs to post a pic. Gonna have to get my digicam out.

ok, its a crappy picture of it - my good cameras batteries are dead - but there it is right on the right of the screen:\

David
Yup, that is one of the quirks, respond to a message and the Send key gets kicked off screen when you kick open the kb. Type a NEW message and the Send key stays...go figure.
Will be flashing 11-14 shortly to see wassup.
Nice "screenie" Shake and Save is a great program IMO for screenshots.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
In the nov 14 2.5 release there is a new sms package that does have a send button
Thats cool. But what I found interesting is that this is the Nov 10 release.
If I go right into SMS its not there. If I click a contact and send a message its not there but if I click the text icon, its there in landscape.

David
Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

just want to say I have managed to make the ringer failed again....... hahaha . I am on the latest 23xxx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro