PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

likeminas is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
drdrewdown[/B];1322833]
i wont go as far as say sprint having problems, all of my issues that i'm having now, appeared when i flashed the 2.5 rom. just my $0.02
I also have Sprint, and I just sent myself a txt using GV, and I got the message a couple of seconds later, I replied and it took also a couple of seconds. So no issues with txting.

I'm just having this problem with the Tab music, that nobody else seems to have or know about. ; (

Last edited by likeminas; 11-12-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post

Ummm..... let's not forget that this is still a beta run and that Manila 2.5 HAS NOT been fully ported. The ROM's coming out are being tested to get to a final place of stability, but they are not there yet. That is the case for almost anyone doing a Manila 2.5, even though NRG's have been the best thus far in my opinion.

It does no good to come on here and trash the developer of a ROM. Remember, if you choose to flash your phone it is at your own risk. You need to put the effort forward to read on everything going on with the current status of the build to know what the potential issues are and what is being worked on. Do not come on here and reduce the work that anyone has made, for any reason whatsoever. Be constructive in your criticism to help the overall continued development of the project for everyone.

Remember also that the developer does this because they want to and we benefit from that. They do not get paid to do so and encouraging words help them to keep moving forward with the projects they are working on. Being a jerk gives them the incentive to say FU to all of us and stop any work that may benefit us in any way.

Please keep that in mind.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post
Ummm..... let's not forget that this is still a beta run and that Manila 2.5 HAS NOT been fully ported. The ROM's coming out are being tested to get to a final place of stability, but they are not there yet. That is the case for almost anyone doing a Manila 2.5, even though NRG's have been the best thus far in my opinion.

It does no good to come on here and trash the developer of a ROM. Remember, if you choose to flash your phone it is at your own risk. You need to put the effort forward to read on everything going on with the current status of the build to know what the potential issues are and what is being worked on. Do not come on here and reduce the work that anyone has made, for any reason whatsoever. Be constructive in your criticism to help the overall continued development of the project for everyone.

Remember also that the developer does this because they want to and we benefit from that. They do not get paid to do so and encouraging words help them to keep moving forward with the projects they are working on. Being a jerk gives them the incentive to say FU to all of us and stop any work that may benefit us in any way.

Sorry JDM, I meant for this to be a reply to the person you were addressing in your response.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I also have Sprint, and I just sent myself a txt using GV, and I got the message a couple of seconds later, I replied and it took also a couple of seconds. So no issues with txting.

I'm just having this problem with the Tab music, that nobody else seems to have or know about. ; (
Maybe your music has invalid mp3 tags? Corrupted?
Not sure.
Can you try another mem card and add music to it and test?
WM media player isn't as picky as some.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

likeminas is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Maybe your music has invalid mp3 tags? Corrupted?
Not sure.
Can you try another mem card and add music to it and test?
WM media player isn't as picky as some.
I will test another memory card when I get home. But, I have a feeling is not about the memory card.
The music tab worked flawlessly on the previous rom, it is with the 11/09 update that I get the error.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
this rom just keep getting worse every minute by the day.

1. cant add a shortcut that is at the bottom of the list
2. cant turn off that annoyingvibrate( was off then after a soft reset, stayed on and no longer can turn off)
3. cant turn off t9 , word recognition or whatever you call it(keep getting errors)
4. typing new messages is annoying bc the screen goes white. i text alot and this is by far the worst he's done so far. (might look nice but looks can be decieving)
5. Cannot take off my location like you use to in weather
etc and the list goes on

Edit: Also, PLEASE tell me why do i have to go onto another site(twitter) just to see whats the new updates to this rom?

energy rom use to be good fast reliable and convenient but now its less convenient and useless crap keep getting added on. seriously vibrate to type or any button press?

im not going to deny its fast but with so many problems... i think my energy rom days are over.
What a douchebag! I hope he keeps his promise and never uses another NRGZ ROM. It's funny to see little kids throw a tantrum. Maybe if he was really telling the truth about his past NRGZ ROM expeiences he would be aware of the "issues" that this ROM has and that they're fixes posted all over the thread about how it can be patched together to function for daily use even in its beta stage. Maybe what our effortless individual should do is get a hold of root or winmo and see if they would be so kind as to provide a mailing address to him so that he can send his phone to either one of them so they could tweak it for him and then send it back. However, that may be to difficult because he would have to go to the post office and do something for himself. JK! I thought this site/forum/thread was about development and tweaking to make it better. I mean if he found the holy grail of custom ROM's hopefully he'll stick with it and it never has any hiccups because I'm worried about the psychology of our protaganist. Challenges are what drive successful people while some people cower in the face of opportunity. Clearly we know where he aligns himself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
this rom just keep getting worse every minute by the day.

1. cant add a shortcut that is at the bottom of the list
2. cant turn off that annoyingvibrate( was off then after a soft reset, stayed on and no longer can turn off)
3. cant turn off t9 , word recognition or whatever you call it(keep getting errors)
4. typing new messages is annoying bc the screen goes white. i text alot and this is by far the worst he's done so far. (might look nice but looks can be decieving)
5. Cannot take off my location like you use to in weather
etc and the list goes on

Edit: Also, PLEASE tell me why do i have to go onto another site(twitter) just to see whats the new updates to this rom?

energy rom use to be good fast reliable and convenient but now its less convenient and useless crap keep getting added on. seriously vibrate to type or any button press?

im not going to deny its fast but with so many problems... i think my energy rom days are over.
I have to say........crazyassfung....WTF!!!!!!

How disrespectful......

After all the talks on this forums about how hard NRG has been working...and you have the audacity of insulting NRG like that.... holly mother of GOD!!! What a JACKAZZ!!!! you deserve that you Touch Pro dies on you and lose all the data and I pray that all your backups fail.

It's because of morons like you that sooner or later NRG might stop applying his "energy" on these ROMs. and then we will be stuck with what HTC gave us.

Why don't you flash back to stock and never come back to this forum???
why even bother coming here???

2.1 was said to be bug free
2.5 isn't!!!!
these are the options from NRG ( or stock ROM if you want a third option).... i use 2.5 and even with the few bugs... i am happy in playing around with it!!!
everyone was begging for 2.5 and it was said, numerous times, that it was not 100%. But we kept on asking for it to try it!!!

How can you disrespect this guy and all of us??? I am ashamed of your comments!! and I am surprised that no one has criticized you yet..instead... people were nice enough to guide you in a few solutions that have been found for your critics.

Good luck crazyassfung

hope nobody takes this personal. (besides crazyassfung)

thanks

JP
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rcharles is becoming a great contributor

Having terrible battery life on this new rom. Usually by this time a day I am only aroung 70-80%. Got home from work today with around the same usage and I am at 23%. everything else is set up the same as older roms, using Lumos cab. Only difference is I set up weather for hourly updates. Is that really that much of a battery hog? Will set it back to manual update for tomorrow and see if there is a difference.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post

CrossXcalibur... Nice to see you commenting on crazyassfung comments... your words were probably nicer than mine... but I had to say something!!!

JP

Last edited by jp2307; 11-12-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: wrong person ..sorry
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharles View Post
Having terrible battery life on this new rom. Usually by this time a day I am only aroung 70-80%. Got home from work today with around the same usage and I am at 23%. everything else is set up the same as older roms, using Lumos cab. Only difference is I set up weather for hourly updates. Is that really that much of a battery hog? Will set it back to manual update for tomorrow and see if there is a difference.
try using an updated radio if you aren't already!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro