PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 05:01 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
to all the other people bashing on me for whatever reason surely you guys dont understand...

the other day i downloaded a "nov 9 rom" (wasnt name 2.5 manilla, just said the usual #### energyrom nov 9...) when it first cameout and was the newest one on his download page. And it was a 2.5 manilla. Had way less problems ( none of the problems i had). somewhere late last night i saw a new version nov 10 with the 2.5. I downloaded and i saw the clock crap hanging off the rectangular box at the home screen. I didnt like it, so i downloaded the nov9 version thinking it was the original one i downloaded. It wasnt it, so i download all of them and none of them was it. so i just stuck with the latest 21864 nov10. and now im having all kind of problems. thats why im venting on this.

also the original nov 9 version i downloaded, i believe the vibrate function wasnt properly functioning, which i was glad.
I get it...I had the same thing happen [but the changes between the two Nov 9th ROM were SO minor]. My post offered help/fixes for ALL of the issues you mentioned that were real issues. I would suggest going to a 2.1 ROM until you learn more about what 2.5 does and doesn't do, so you know what to expect. I think you'll be much happier.

No need to vent here...calmly ask for help, kindly report problems...if someone can help you they will. If you don't like the ROM, or it's pissing you off, take a DEEP breath...and flash some other ROM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Looks like my ringtones decided to stick with the MP3 trimmer

Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
if crazyassfung is upset about the little bugs on this rom...please nobody mention him about the android port ... Or he might go on www.connect-utb.com and beat the crap out of another group of guys that are investing time and effort on giving us one more way to play with our touch pro .
=d>
rotflmao
Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Looks like my ringtones decided to stick with the MP3 trimmer

Keep us posted for when they stop working. LOL
They probably will because I tried that as well and was my first idea to fix it.
They lasted maybe a few hours and then poof!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I get it...I had the same thing happen [but the changes between the two Nov 9th ROM were SO minor]. My post offered help/fixes for ALL of the issues you mentioned that were real issues. I would suggest going to a 2.1 ROM until you learn more about what 2.5 does and doesn't do, so you know what to expect. I think you'll be much happier.

No need to vent here...calmly ask for help, kindly report problems...if someone can help you they will. If you don't like the ROM, or it's pissing you off, take a DEEP breath...and flash some other ROM.
+1 on what three said.

Just let us know what the problems are and ask for help and we will make it work together.
Please don't start "venting" because all it said to us was "NRG rom sucks and I hate it".

We are mostly very understanding and helpful here but bashing NRG's hard work does get our feathers ruffled.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossXcalibur View Post
rotflmao
I tought it was funny... glad you did too!!!!

JP
Old 11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
to all the other people bashing on me for whatever reason surely you guys dont understand...

the other day i downloaded a "nov 9 rom" (wasnt name 2.5 manilla, just said the usual #### energyrom nov 9...) when it first cameout and was the newest one on his download page. And it was a 2.5 manilla. Had way less problems ( none of the problems i had). somewhere late last night i saw a new version nov 10 with the 2.5. I downloaded and i saw the clock crap hanging off the rectangular box at the home screen. I didnt like it, so i downloaded the nov9 version thinking it was the original one i downloaded. It wasnt it, so i download all of them and none of them was it. so i just stuck with the latest 21864 nov10. and now im having all kind of problems. thats why im venting on this.

also the original nov 9 version i downloaded, i believe the vibrate function wasnt properly functioning, which i was glad.

First of all I will be completely surprised if you continue to have any responses to your posts, atleast any helpful responses. I think that everyone that "bashed" you DID in fact understand you, maybe you dont realize how much time and effort is put into these builds by ONE man...FOR FREE! Also it is kind of hard to believe that you have all of these unsolvable problems that the rest of us have ran into and discovered fixes for. If you take the time to actually read this thread and do the research you would most likely find that all of your problems have an easy solution. And god forbid you actually have some respect and ASK someone on here for help before you start talking down on something that you couldnt create if your life depended on it. Go load up another ROM with manila 2.1 that has no bugs...if you ask me, the bugs are half the fun, finding the sloutions and making this thing that much better. Good luck bud.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I flashed I think the Nov 4'th 2.5 rev 2 and the only reason I went back to 2.1 Manila is because of the ringer issue, everything else has been fixed that I had a problem with. I didn't come on here and "vent" I just READ and then READ some more, I am anxiously awaiting the ringer fix because I loved the home screen (wasn't crazy about no programs tab but now with the other cabs where you can add 12 shortcuts to the home screen who cares? LOL) and the weather animation, it was kinda funny though I'm in southwest MI and when I was at home it would always say Chicago but I have an Airave so I just thought that was the reason cause it worked fine everywhere else. I cant thank NRG enough for this and also MAJOR props to Root, Win, Three and countless others that are finding these fixes and makes a great thing even better, you all are true pimps in my book!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Just tried SprintTV and it doesn't have anywhere to click to get into the TV portion of the software. Sprint Radio shows up but no SprintTV. I even tried all 3 version that I could find. Anyone else seen this. I'm running WM23504/M2.5 Nov 10th build.

pea****93
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Damn, I didnt know that anyone uses sprint TV still...lol just kidding...but I do not use it so I wouldnt know where to start helpin you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro