PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aycc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I'm not sure if someone has brought this up: On HTC Sense mode, how can I change/replace the Menu button to something else, i.e. Contacts?

I tried to use TouchPro Tweak 14.5 and SoftKey Manager to change the Right key short cut, but none of them works. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I want to have Action button on the left and Contact button on the right. If I turn off the HTC Sense, I will see Phone button on the left, and Contacts on the right showing up, but if I turn on the HTC Sense, I will see Action on the left, and Menu on the right.

I'm using "EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2 .5"

Last edited by aycc; 11-12-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysonmb View Post
I used this ROM yesterday and it is awesome, but, my phone did a couple of hard reboots for no apparent reason after a few hours and later just locked up completely. Nothing but another flash would get it back. I like this release, but, have to go back to the previous for now. I'm not going away from the EnergyROMs though the last couple have been excellent.
sounds like u need to do the "flash dance" sir
Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Sprint is having delays for hours on sms.
My mom sent my brother in law a text and it took 24 hours to go through.
Neither of them using modded devices.
Glad to know that. I sent my wife a text at 8am yesterday and it arrived at 830PM while we were eating dinner. She asked me why I "Just" sent her a text and when I looked at it I told her that I had sent it in the morning...over 12 hours earlier.

David
Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycc View Post
I'm not sure if someone has brought this up: On HTC Sense mode, how can I change/replace the Menu button to something else, i.e. Contacts?

I tried to use TouchPro Tweak 14.5 and SoftKey Manager to change the Right key short cut, but none of them works. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you're on the roms with tf3d 2.5 then the right menu key is dedicated to it. to my knowledge, I do not think there's a fix for it yet. I could be wrong, but the left one does indeed change.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
OK So I am getting really tired of all the glitches and problems that this rom has been giving me... I dont understand it I have run energy rom now on my TP for half a year now... And guess what! I figured I would give this rom one more chance! So I downloaded the "no problem version" and theres no end or keypad button on the call screen... The texting on this version SUCKS! The phones a little faster and looks great but then again all I really wanna have is a good looking, fast running and non problematic ROM... IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR???

I dont mean to vent but crap man... I have waited for 4 different ROM builds from energy and still to this day it still DOES NOT work right! Energy roms have always been my fav... But the problem is that it just dosint work and do basic features that people who are running the rom need!
Quote:
And I have only ran this rom by the way for half a day and I am already seeing issues!!!! WTF!
I cant believe we got TWO of these in one day.
OK first, deep breath.
What version are you running? Who are you quoting with "no problem version"?
"The texting on this version SUCKS"=not helpful
Try again-list build # and date. Specific problems and what you've tried (if anything) to fix them thus far.
FYI-if you are talking about a 2.5 manila ROM, that is not meant for everyday use. There are plenty of people willing to help. You just need to bring it a little differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysonmb View Post
I used this ROM yesterday and it is awesome, but, my phone did a couple of hard reboots for no apparent reason after a few hours and later just locked up completely. Nothing but another flash would get it back. I like this release, but, have to go back to the previous for now. I'm not going away from the EnergyROMs though the last couple have been excellent.
Random reboots=Stock FLashdance-HR, flash to Stock ROM, HR, flash to energy, HR
Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
ksj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ksj is keeping up the good workksj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
Yes. A search wasn't actually needed, as the answer is LITERALLY 2 post above yours. It's great that this user base is SO friendly with helping, however there are a few questions (keyboard being 1.) that is answered almost 1-2 times EACH page, which i can understand if the answer was 5-6 pages back, but some questions are answered over and over at least once per page.
+1 Amen brother
This is my pain also.

Don't mind answering and helping but when the answer was posted no more than 1 page or two back and yes, sometimes on the same page?!
It gets kinda old.

Clutters the thread and makes it hard for people to really fnd answers to problems that have not been asked a bazillion times. LOL

Also we have way to many double, triple and quadruple attachment posts.
We need to link to the files instead of filling the attachment page full of repeat files and taking up server space for repeat files.
It costs more to upgrade to get more server space.
We should be more thoughtful of the people that give us a place to get together and work on these devices.

Just thoughts from a former forum owner.

Ok I am done.
Sorry guys. The mobile site only shows like 5 posts per page, and I went back a few pages (so really like 2-3 pages on the regular site) and didn't find it. After I typed it out, I fell asleep.... When I woke up, I realized what had happened. I really didn't want to look around and then have to type it up again (I was typing from my Diamond. It's my dad's TP that needed the fix), so I just hit "Submit". I guess I did it just in time to post right after it was said....

Again, I'm really sorry. :/
Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Root, Three and Winmo - pm me your email address. Got a little something for ya to test out.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tryphux is keeping up the good worktryphux is keeping up the good work

is there a way to make the default youtube player work? the application loads.. but doesnt play any of the videos.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
OK So I am getting really tired of all the glitches and problems that this rom has been giving me... I dont understand it I have run energy rom now on my TP for half a year now... And guess what! I figured I would give this rom one more chance! So I downloaded the "no problem version" and theres no end or keypad button on the call screen... The texting on this version SUCKS! The phones a little faster and looks great but then again all I really wanna have is a good looking, fast running and non problematic ROM... IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR???

I dont mean to vent but crap man... I have waited for 4 different ROM builds from energy and still to this day it still DOES NOT work right! Energy roms have always been my fav... But the problem is that it just dosint work and do basic features that people who are running the rom need!
Wanna know the great thing about WM phones... you can flash right back to the stock rom!! i've been using energy roms for over a year they are honestly the killers of other roms in speed,performance, and looks.. no offence but the world does not revolve around you, NRGY is a very busy person and there will ALWAYS be bugs in roms... so if you honestly cant handle it flash back to stock rom... No offence but this is no place to "vent" people here are looking for answers and to help others not steam off anger on a developer.. a VERY skilled one let me add so maybe send a PM to him with your issues and he might help you out if everyone else is experiencing the same thing also.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

ssgt_t42 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Glad to know that. I sent my wife a text at 8am yesterday and it arrived at 830PM while we were eating dinner. She asked me why I "Just" sent her a text and when I looked at it I told her that I had sent it in the morning...over 12 hours earlier.

David
Are your outgoing text showing up in your "Sent" items box or do they sit in your "Outbox" and go out slowly? Mine have not moved from the outbox since early yesterday and I show nothing in my sent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro