PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

codearn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

theres a setting on the 'view' tab in quickmenu options called "menu item edge." increase the number to make the menu items bigger.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
Hahha. I suppose i could cut one nail more to a point. Kidding of course. LOL. Yeah, i am use Energy 23504 Nov.10. I might have to look into some file editing maybe. I just don't like using my stylus is mostly it.
This is a stretch, but check the version number of what you have installed. You may need to manually remove QuickMenu before a new one will install...which is not that uncommon.

Go into the Task Manager and make sure the process isn't running, then manually uninstall. I might keep Sense disabled when you do this. Then, install the new version and see if it's any better.

...but def check the version number of whatever is installed, so you can figure out what's going on and where the mistake in the install is being made.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Rootlinux did...I thought it was 2.8, but you can check his posts. I'm pretty sure I read something from him this morning talking about the more finger-friendly QuickMenu. You might even just google it.
Have you tried adjusting the settings? in the dropdown, go to Quickmenu, Option, View (on bottom) and increase the menu item edge. It allows you to make the area wider for each item in the dropdown menu.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think you meant traitors... or did you actually mean traders? LOL!
Where would we be without spell checkers like you on the boards lol. Take it either way, thankfully they both make sense. HTC Sense that is!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

Yeah, i did have to remove it running from the taskbar, then copy over the newer version files and restart it. I tried the cab, but some of the startup links are missing (read that from another thread), but since the newer version is nicer, i just copied over the files and made a sashimi folder in root so my next flash that will also be automated.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

Has anyone else had a problem with their hardware keyboard not functioning at all anymore?

I had an early September build of the ROM and my keyboard stopped working. I upgraded to one of the October builds and it started working again. I switched to the earlier Nov builds and it worked off and on. Now i'm on the Nov 14th build and it's not working again
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
Has anyone else had a problem with their hardware keyboard not functioning at all anymore?

I had an early September build of the ROM and my keyboard stopped working. I upgraded to one of the October builds and it started working again. I switched to the earlier Nov builds and it worked off and on. Now i'm on the Nov 14th build and it's not working again
Yea dude - just check the appropriate thread linked in my sig for the build version you're using. There are steps to getting the keyboard functining again by installing two cabs...one for the FN Keys and another if you want to remap the TXT and EMAIL keys.

Simple stuff. ...basically, you're going to install another onscreen keyboard and it will fix the hardware keyboard issues.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post

When you say " not at all", you mean zero, zilch, nada? Or a few keys?
For a few keys follow Three's suggestion, if it's NOTHING you could be looking at hardware failure which TP's are famous for.
Hope it's not total failure. Good luck.
EDIT:If it is total failure, you need to flash back to Stock, RELOCK, and take it in. They'll replace it, I believe there was even a recall at one point.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-19-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
When you say " not at all", you mean zero, zilch, nada? Or a few keys?
For a few keys follow Three's suggestion, if it's NOTHING you could be looking at hardware failure which TP's are famous for.
Hope it's not total failure. Good luck.
EDIT:If it is total failure, you need to flash back to Stock, RELOCK, and take it in. They'll replace it, I believe there was even a recall at one point.
Total failure, none of the keys work and sometimes the backlight doesn't even come on! Looks like it's back to the store with my TP... I'm hoping they don't have any more in the store and they will be forced to give me a TP2
Old 11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Im not too sure if anyone has looked into this as I havent been keeping up with the forum as much as I would like to but I just found this and thought I would share it just incase no one else has came across it.

http://htcpedia.com/rotastrains_mani...ny-x1-rom.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro